as a frontlines essential worker

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Shoryuureppa, May 29, 2020.

1. Shoryuureppa Journeyman

I understand the chaos when there are thousands of people swarming into one hot spot and things can get out of hand, but we are trained to assess the situation and do the best we can, I hope something is actually being done to help with these absurd queue times

I was looking forward to start on Aradune, even with the little time I have, since I work 12hr shifts and look forward to play for a bit, but it sucks that I am on day 3 and still haven't been able to log in and make my character, I hear there are level 50's already and it's killing my morale to keep trying
    Janois and WaitingforMoreEQ like this.
  2. auto21 Elder

I'd give you my spot but I just crashed again so I'm going to the back of the queue....
  3. TheWhisper New Member

It's because the hardcore players stay on afk or go sleep on char select screen so they never have to wait in Queue...If they would kick people for being afk. would solve the problems
  4. Camoeb New Member

You do realize that they are kicking people for being afk right?
    code-zero, VandilIzer and Forsaken like this.
  5. Bailen Augur

I appreciate your sacrifice. You and those like yourself deserve better!
  6. Kronotowin Elder

Check the streamer on Twitch that makes five figures every TLP. If Daybreak wanted to eliminate them it would be easy. Reference number of Krono with number of platinum gained. Remove all outliers. Too bad they don't give a damn.
  7. Gnothappening Augur

Can you link their channel? I'm curious how anyone streams EQ on twitch for five figures. I mean, I love the game, but I can't imagine more than 200 or 300 tuning in.
  8. VandilIzer Augur

They do. The AFK kick mechanic is on and working. Got booted yesterday after being AFK 15 minutes. Can't sit at char select either, it boots you, at least it has for years. Haven't tested that one.
  9. Herf Augur

Sooo, don't take a bio break while playing on Aradune then eh?
  10. Zapford Elder

If it takes 15 minutes for a bio break, you didn't really need one. :oops:
  11. Laronk Augur

Some people might make a keyboard macro (or mouse or ahk) that presses 1 every 10 seconds and never get kicked for afk.
  12. Herf Augur

Let us just note that a lot of...older...people play this game and their bodily functions may not match that of younger players.
  13. wade_watts Augur

Ahh, the exuberant bowels of youth. Like they say, youth is wasted on the young.
    Herf likes this.
  14. Kittany Augur

[IMG]

Also, thank you essential workers out there, signed...
    [IMG]
    Bailen likes this.
  15. DamastaShonuff Journeyman

This would barely influence the queue. There are a lot more people trying to get in, than are afk.
  16. Healiez Augur

Which is automation, which is a breach for the ToS.

If you see someone in a city or something that appears afk but jumps, nudges forward or something else every X seconds like clockwork report them. Get those people off the server.
  17. Strawberry Augur

people are so privileged

It sucks one can't play, but the drama people attach to it is ridiculous. You can play on any other EQ server, there are a gazillion other games you can play too. Everyone knows there are queues for a day or 2 on TLP launches.

These "I have a right to play RIGHT NOW because of X and Y, otherwise I'm going to throw a tantrum" are so ridiculous.
    TheChosenOne likes this.
  18. Laronk Augur

Oh they would just hit forage or something while at a banker, we're talking something where you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at them.

You can't tell the difference between someone doing the above and someone who is cooking supper and just going back to their PC every couple minutes or standing there and chatting away in general or guild chat.
  19. Healiez Augur

That is true, BUT if you say go to town to buy spells and there is a guy just sitting there doing nothing..

Then you come back 2 hours later and the same guy, is in the same spot..... that is suspicion enough for me to toss a report. If someone really is "Just cooking supper" then they wont be in that spot for hours. Also when I am cooking, or doing some quick chores I make it very obvious that im not automating. I dont just nudge my character forward I will run them around, jump, cast a spell, and might even talk in a channel.

Im sure not everyone does this, but its worth it to do whatever you can to make it not look like automation.
  20. Shoryuureppa Journeyman

I missed out during golden age of EQ and also missed out on the mangler start, I want to experience what EQ was like, you know, zones full of people and communicate with other people, I have played on other servers before, it's not the same.

also, you are right, I am privileged, privileged that I can go out and work and help people during these times, I am privileged that I might come home one day and find out I finally caught the rona and possibly die, but if I want get a chance to actually play on my very little down time that I get, to unwind for next days rounds I have to do, then I am just asking too much then?