do you think rizlona will last?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by FL!P, May 29, 2020.

1. Truetotheblue Augur

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it. This gives me something to think about as I really did want to play on Rizlona over Aradune. I just have a strong anxiety about the long term potential of it due to what I stated above. This info is helpful though.

Gesiah, I wasn't too familiar with the DHS thing so apologies for just assuming it was no longer around.
  2. Kobra Augur

I think Rizlona will last, but for me personally it will not.

I was really excited about Rizlona. I liked the idea of being able to box if needed, but I am not a boxer myself. I created a static group and ironically what killed it for me was the boxing software people were using even though they were at the keyboard.

It was frustrating watching these bots do stupid things that a real player should/would not do.

It was just dumb because they were at the keyboard the whole time, there was no need for running automation. It ruined the whole experience. People were spending more time tinkering with their stupid AI programs than playing the game.

I am really disappointed in how the server turned out for me. I took vacation and was so hyped about the server, but its dead to me now. Its a damn shame, I was in a promising guild for a change. I just don't want to play in sub par groups with crappy automation that causes needless wipes and honestly plays worse than even a bad player would.
  3. Zinth Augur

considering there was 2 general chats when I checked in to it, one was full (400) the other was at (397) and I doubt most people join their boxes to general chat and just keep their mains in (some might have boxes in) that is a pretty good number considering it was only the late afternoon Europe time when I checked
  4. TLP Addict Augur

Haven't seen this much cope since Trump was elected.
  5. Gremin Augur

Sorry to hear that, maybe find a different guild and try to see if it works out for you sir.
    Truetotheblue and Kobra like this.
  6. Kobra Augur

I ended my sub. I think I am done with the game for awhile. Maybe forever.
  7. Leifer1969 New Member

I started a 3 box on Rizlona and was pretty pleased with the population, and pleasantness of most of the boxers I encountered. The only negative I experienced was a person playing one toon who was camped right at Trainer Hill in CB. He was level 15 and taking the whole camp for a level 7 or 8 ish camp spot. Not by any means against the rules, but still a little scummy considering many in the right level range want a chance at that camp and a SBS.

I started a 2 box on Aradune and my experience there was much less pleasant. It reminded me of WoW in 2005 with the dumb chat, zergging and by far more individuals KSing and just sniping mobs. Again, not against the rules, but still scummy.

Rizlona will still be kicking in a year and Aradune will have less population than current Mangler in a year. Until then, the forum boards, petitions - crying and whining will be tenfold more on Aradune than Rizlona. Another Truebox triumph!
    Karango likes this.
  8. MileyVyrus Elder

It gives me a warm fuzzy that the only calm, informative, and delightful thread on the entire forum is the boxers talking about the past and future of boxing servers.
  9. Truetotheblue Augur

Gremin, I decided to take the plunge and swap over to Riz instead. I'll keep an eye out to see if any spots open up from the few that decide this isn't for them. Thanks for providing some info to help with that.

Kobra, sorry to hear about your experience. I do hope you give it another shot though with either one of the TLPs or giving live a shot. Hope you find a situation that works for you either way.
    Gremin likes this.
  10. Kobra Augur

I do play on live, but there were some expansions I wanted to play through on TLP. I chose Rizlona because I am the type of person who just doesn't like to be told what I can and cannot do that is why I don't like true box servers even though I prefer to play a single character.

I wanted to have the option of boxing on one PC if I needed to. My experience on Lockjaw suggested it would be possible to play a single character. I created a static group with that expectation, but the automation tools are now more ubiquitous and they are being used when its not needed. Why people feel the need to automate when they are in a group of real people is beyond me.

Bots are only as good as their programming and I have to say I don't see the appeal of them, the bots performance quite frankly sucks.

I can't believe people find it fun to use them.

The bigger the hype the bigger the letdown when things don't meet your expectations. I should have known to lower my expectations.
    Gremin likes this.