Streamers are getting special access to Aradune

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rcbauer, May 29, 2020.

1. Rcbauer Augur

saw it on a stream with my own eyes. The streamer crashed and BOOM got right in. Said he got special treatment from the devs.

Seems fair.
  2. wade_watts Augur

You sure you aren't just going a little tinfoil hat? I sure saw lots of streamers mashing the join button and waiting at server select over the past couple days.
  3. TLP Addict Augur

Welcome to online gaming

Can't have streamers sitting in a queue and giving the game a bad image.
  4. Scipio5 Journeyman

Big if true. If they can give streamers special access then maybe a grace period for crashed people is an option.
  5. Kengh New Member

Far more likely that streamer was joking.

That is a long standing joke in the streaming community "Oh the devs give me special treatment cuz im a streamer"

It was born of people always accusing streamers of special treatment. It has certainly happened in other games but I doubt they are giving EQ streamers with their huge numbers of 20 viewers special treatment.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

People following Bobbybick watched him sit in the queue for hours.

If one or more streamers got in they were just lucky, there's no way streamers are getting any priorities.

Might want to take the tinfoil hat off now.
  7. Rcbauer Augur

i saw him log in immediately. it was about an hour ago.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Oh noes, call the FBI
  9. Gearrwin Lorekeeper

It's true. He crashed to desktop and logged right back in. The guy has almost 6k viewers, though. It would be bad if a streamer with that many viewers couldn't play due to the queue.
  10. Minpire Augur

can you link this 6k VIEWER streamer??????
  11. Xondor Lorekeeper

Duh? Streamers always get special access to promote the game.
  12. Gearrwin Lorekeeper

Watch CohhCarnage with me on Twitch!
  13. Name2 Augur

It's CohhCarnage on twitch, literally the only streamer with any reach beyond the EQ community. The majority of EQ streamers don't really matter in the grand scheme of things. The majority of these players are streaming for their guildmates and in game friends, with only a few even breaking like 20 viewers. CohhCarnage has orders of magnitude more draw. Daybreak sees this as advertising, so they want him in the game to spread the word. What feels scummy is that if any of his viewers that are not current players wanted to try, they would hit a $15 pay wall and then get slapped with a 3 hour queue that wasn't "advertised" to even try to play it. It feels like false advertising but I'm no lawyer.
  14. eorzea Journeyman

A few of them do every time a prog server comes out.. Its same with every game :mad: They also get free copy's of games to do free advertising for any game... Nothing no one can do about it... but at lest if you can't log in until around 12 pm pst... you can still watch them play :p We just have to wait and hope they give free transfer's to a Aradune clone server... :( ... I want my bags i claimed to go with me to another server if it opens up...
    As far as Rizlona... No thank you ... All ready dealt with 72 ksers on Ragefire server;)
  15. Bewts Augur

Who TF wants to watch people box toons as they kill snakes that kick for 2 damage so they can rush to crush bone at level 5?