This queue is going to be the end of EQ

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rcbauer, May 29, 2020.

1. Rcbauer Augur

I see guilds falling apart already.

Nice move. Going cheap isn't usually very effective.
    Xondor likes this.
  2. Scipio5 Journeyman

They got our money though ;)
    Rcbauer likes this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

People have been saying stuff like this with every TLP launch, guess what.......

Any guilds falling apart in the first week were never going to last anyway.
  4. Rcbauer Augur

are you playing on aradune?
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I am not sitting in some dumb queue for hours. I got better things to do.
    Didn't sit in the queues that existed for Ragefire or Phinigel either.

On Ragefire I logged in after those queues passed, and then I caught up in levels in less than a week, and that was with a family & full-time job so it ain't hard.

Phinigel was a little different, I didn't start there until GoD, took me about 3 weeks to 2 box to 65
    code-zero likes this.
  6. Critt Augur

bottom line we are paying customers and we pay to be able to play the game when we want minus down time and maintenance... we don't pay to sit in a que for 3 hours at a stretch get in, DC and have to wait another 3 hours... No that's not a sustainable business model
  7. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Filthy friendless boxer...
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Rcbauer Augur

Then why you gotta give everyone your opinion in every thread?

Stick to the whateverserveryou'restuckon threads.
    kthxbyenp
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You give me way too much credit.

Not even remotely close to every thread.

I might play on Aradune, just not gonna queue.
  10. TheDohn Augur

This. Queues for the first several days of a new TLP are normal and common. Anyone who actually plays EQ knows this. The fannyfluster is only coming from the people who showed up for a hit off the nostalgia bong.

My guild lost exactly 1 person over queue rage quit - and that one person was a raw recruit "returning player" - not someone who has been playing EQ anytime in the last decade.

Those rose colored glasses edited y'all's memory so hard you have no idea what game you actually used to play or what it is actually like.
    Forsaken and Skuz like this.
  11. Critt Augur

Interesting, I played on sleeper, phinny and coirnav... never after the first day was there a que and phinny and coirnav after the first few hours settled down and I had 0 issues getting in... back in 2000 when Vazaelle launched there were no ques either... but yes you clearly know what you are talking about.... 3 days later and still waiting 3 hours to get in is not normal business as usual and if it was I would never have come back lol
  12. TLP Addict Augur

The END I tell you!

[IMG]
  13. TheDohn Augur

When you say "3 days later" after the server has been up for 41 hours, everyone knows the non-provable parts of your statement were pulled from the posterior.
  14. That0neguy Augur

Bishi's guild was going to fall apart regardless of a queue or not.
  15. Critt Augur

ah the stickler argument, fine it just felt like 3 days while waiting for them to get the junk online... and it's been more than 41 hours, server opened Wed at 3pm EDT it's now Fri 9pm EDT learn to do math then come back.
  16. Fightmilk Lorekeeper

I'm not sure how you can say that as a member of a guild that has merged to stay alive multiple times but okay
    Rcbauer likes this.
  17. Sikkun Augur

Take off the queue, crash servers, watch thousands more people rant. It’ll be great guys.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Very easily, since Rosenagrd has never merged with any other guild on Phinigel, they simply allowed members of other guilds to join theirs once those other guilds had collapsed through attrition.

And you are welcome to that correction of your misunderstanding, but it is a very different thing to have been a guild active for a few years across 21 expansions than falling before you even jumped your first hurdle, so even if it had merged I would still have room to talk.
  19. Sikkun Augur

EQ seemed to not be dead before this server launched, won’t be dead because it did.