Seven Days

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mesc, May 28, 2020.

1. Mesc No $$$ Until the Experience is put back on Mobs!!!

It has been 7 days since i have lost all the platinum in my shared bank. Is there any update on this?
    Thanks
  2. Fightmilk Lorekeeper

Oh see that's where you got confused. During the merge, by using "shared bank" you were consenting to share it with DPG/DBG. It's like being married. It's as much theirs as it is yours... Aaaaaand in the immortal words of South Park "it's gone."
  3. Zamiam Augur

a few things to note this link to the dev's post regarding last tues downtime :

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...er-downtime-tuesday-may-19th-10-00-am.266229/
    from Dreamweaver :
    [UPDATE] Items from shared banks are now all in their respective item overflow lists and everything over 10K plat has been parceled to the first character on your account alphabetically.
    also
    [UPDATE] We apologize sincerely for the loss of items and platinum from your shared banks. It's an incredibly large amount of lost items, especially as multiple servers were involved. We realize getting them now, or still missing them, is not a great experience from a player perspective, but the team has been working day (and night) to get the servers up, and everything back to you as soon as possible.

The lost items were definitely not intended, and was one of many problems that occurred during the server merges that we attempted to solve as quickly as possible to get the servers open again. Shared banks in particular have already had corrupted data in the past, which worsened the problem. It is no excuse for the damage that was done. We have plans to improve the server merge process so something like this doesn't happen again.

We will be taking another look at shared banks via backup DB tables next week. If you are still missing things, please let us know your character name and server in the thread linked below. Thanks for your patience.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ng-in-shared-banks.266488/page-2#post-3918480

they said that some of their databases were corrupted , they may have lost the data so might not be able to get your plat ?
    or
    they also said they would take another look at the shared bank databases next week meaning this week so give them some more time .. also the link if you have not already is to let them know your character name and server ..

hopefully they did not loose the data ..
  4. Mesc No $$$ Until the Experience is put back on Mobs!!!

Thanks Zam
  5. Fightmilk Lorekeeper

They also took a look at the 4 previous TLP Launches and assured us that they had a plan for success this time around, and look what happened. Saying "I'm sorry and we hope we'll do better" does not matter at all if all you do is hope.

Ill do my part and send my thoughts and prayers to all of those "inconvenienced" by this fiasco of a company, too. It'll make about as much difference as their empty promises do.
  6. Zamiam Augur

np fair travels and god speed
  7. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Seven whole days!
  8. lancelove Augur

9. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

10. Nadisia Augur

Seven days ... to the wolves.

Andarriel likes this.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

On the first rollback I got everything back fine with itemoverflow on the seconds I lost a couple of 40 slot bags that have yet to be returned just guessing I wont see them back but I did rebuy them just something like losing anything shouldn't happen. back to back rollbacks sucked booty.

Andarriel
    Nadisia likes this.
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

hear they got a new album coming out.

Andarriel
  13. Nadisia Augur

Yep, exactly.
    Me too, got a 40 slots bag (or 2? not sure) lost some of my alt accounts.
    Not hard to get a new one (it was a TBL bag, and maybe a EoK one), but it's still annoying, and the recovery via overflow was really cumbersome, seriously, when you have 4 accounts with shared banks full of items. :(

Out of topic :

Yep, released in April, it's called Human :II: Nature.
    A really great concept album.
    Maybe not their best one (but it's a matter of taste after all), but it's really really great.

And Floor's voice is still outstanding.
    I love Tarja, even Anette, but Floor is my favorite.

And if you love her voice, just listen to this gem : Phantom of the Opera (with Henk Poort, who's absolutely stunning too. It's from a TV show in nederlands during the last winter)
    Their vocal performances are just mindblowing (no overdub, no autotune, just a live session, with heart, soul, ... and talent).

Floor is an embodied Valkyrie ;)
    Andarriel likes this.