How are people this bad after 20 years?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rothj, May 29, 2020.

1. Rothj Augur

Guk has been in the game since 1999, 21 years ago. How do people still not know this dungeon by now? How do people still not know how to do basic things in a game where you literally have to press like one button? It's unreal.
  2. enclee Augur

Some people have played in years, some people are playing a new class, some people are used to other games, and some people are bad. Enjoy it, it’s part of the game.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Bad players make things interesting, but it's also an opportunity to transform a uselessly bad player into an EQ god through your years of experience, that is if you can even be bothered.

I expect there will be many players joining these TLP who have not played in a very long time, they will be overwhelmed excited & terrible at everything. We may even have a few complete noobs.

The better you are at EQ the easier time you should have of getting noobs up to speed.
    Chatoyan, snailish and TheChosenOne like this.
  4. Insanoflex New Member

I can't speak for everyone, but there are actually new players. I finally got one of my friends of 15 years to give EQ a shot. He's playing for the 1st time ever.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I think that's brilliant. I hope they enjoy the game :)
    minimind likes this.
  6. Balderdash Lorekeeper

Believe it or not, there are many long time players who have never ever set foot in Guk, or have never been in without out of era gear and levels. I know a couple of players personally who started playing in PoP and followed the Luclin leveling path and had no reason to ever go to Guk. I convinced them to join me when Ragefire went on line back in 2015 and I pretty much had to hold their hands through Guk and Sol A and B. Aside from their lack of knowledge about these zones and their lack of knowledge about how to function in cloth and banded armour, they are tremendous players and had a lot of experience to share in the later expansions.
  7. snailish Augur

Everyone started with a rusty something hitting rats/bats and no clue.

The bad player you refer to is just a you that you are not remembering.
    Accipiter and Skuz like this.
  8. Kylo Classic Augur

If you started in kunark odds are you did not go to guk because it was from the prior expansion, and we wanted new and shiny. Lots of people have never been to guk, and i hope that i can group with them.
  9. Ishbu Augur

The overall point still stands past just knowing your way around Guk though.

For example, I just finally got through the queue. Was camped out in a place to do a little light soloing while I get a group. Not even an area with enough mobs to just solo grind myself, but there is a full group where all 6 members are higher level than myself sitting here waiting on the few spawns.

This is not a loot camp or even a camp really, its 5 mobs that would be 3 or 4 levels blue to ever single member of this group. Why on earth would a group want to be here? Thats just bad game play
  10. Kylo Classic Augur

You get quite a big boost in xp by being in a grp. It's a really bad idea to solo on the new tlps when grping gives so much more xp. I bet they were having fun killing those few mobs on an overcrowded server.
  11. Ishbu Augur

Group xp bonus has nothing to do with my statement. Please try and stay on the same line of topic when replying in a thread.
  12. Trox2010 Augur

Maybe the group is just enjoying a little light killing while the chat and have fun together. Not everyone feels like they have to race to level cap; for quite a bit it is all about the journey and not the destination.
    Chatoyan likes this.
  13. Ishbu Augur

Its still bad game play. Plenty of mobs higher level to only kill 5 every 15-20 minutes. If they just want to do that, there are more productive means to do exactly that. No matter how you spin this its being poor at the game since they are only gaining exp and they are choosing to spend more time not doing anything than doing that and for the same time investment could get more if thats really what they want.

To go from New York to LA i could fly east around the globe. Thats a poor travel plan to accomplish what Im doing even if I really want to say I had a layover in Europe.
  14. Gio1999 Augur

You kinda sound like a crappy person.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

And?

Why aren't people allowed to play the way they want in your eyes? Yes they could move on & tackle harder mobs, maybe they even tried and got their butts kicked so had to go for easier stuff.

They have as much right to be there as you do, quit whining.
  16. Ishbu Augur

So do you.

That was a constructive exchange wasnt it?
  17. Laronk Augur

Even at 115 if you go do pugs there are some people that have no idea what they're doing, they also don't really want to learn and they just enjoy the game the way they play. I'm talking dps classes averaging 30-50k dps where they should be able to 10x what they're doing. I still group with them because in the long run it doesn't really matter.
  18. Trizek Augur

Some people don't live and breath this game like you do.

Some people have a life outside of Everquest

Some people *gasp* don't share the same interests and knowledge, as you
  19. Zapford Elder

So basically, you wanted to grind there, someone else was already there, you got pissy and came here to complain about how bad they are at the game.

Gotcha
    Lejaun and Skuz like this.
  20. Tucoh Augur

[IMG]

Let them play in peace, brother. It's our duty as heavy hitters to help them along in their quest to potato their way into a raid force that won't ditch them because they have 100% raid attendence even if it comes with mediocrity.