Overseer Request: Sort Agents by % Effectiveness

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gorehammer, May 28, 2020.

1. Gorehammer Lorekeeper

Currently, Available Agents for jobs seem to be ordered by their Job specialties and Rarity. This results in needlessly playing Whack-a-Mole/Where's Waldo/Memory to find the best selections for each quest's participants. To put it in a slightly more complainy way: the fatigue on my mind, eyes, wrist, time and computer mouse is begging for this logical change.

When we click on a quest's "Select Agent" button, they should be ordered by highest contributing agents on down (and I cannot think of any reason to prioritize anything else). If there's some reason the current way is better for some folks than best->worst, then you can make a button (that remembers its setting after logging out) which selects the current way of sorting. Sorting from best to worst would be fine enough, but if you wanted even less clicking around, you could also display the +% modifiers on the agent's pictures. Thank you.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I mean, why even have the mini game at all, if you just have to click 3 buttons and choose a reward. Making sure your picking the best agent, and not just any agent, is the only "work" that makes this engaging.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  3. Gorehammer Lorekeeper

Most people don't have more fun when they are shopping online and the website refuses to allow sorting, so all the costs/ratings/etc are jumping all around. But okay, maybe there are some people who do prefer that. Also, like I mentioned, if we had the sorting button that keeps it the same way it is now, you could still enjoy your usual Overseer experience. :) Otherwise, while "3 clicks" is a clear exaggeration on your part, there is still planning that occurs when one agent is useful in multiple quests you want to do.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  4. Riou EQResource

Having to click through at least 180 agents, 1 at a time, while some are blanked out due to being on a Quest is a bad user experience, it would be nice if it filtered them better
    Winnowyl likes this.
  5. Catty Lorekeeper

As Dythan mentioned, this already isn't much of a 'game'. There's no strategy or anything. As it is, you get a certain reward for 10 minutes a day effort.

With Gore's suggestion it's 1-minute a day effort. Not seeing that happen.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  6. Cydonia Elder

Exactly, there’s no strategy, it’s not really a game, it’s just another way to grind a few aspects of the game. There’s no reason why it should be a poor user friendly experiance. Sorting by effectiveness would make it that little bit less annoying. though tbh I find that there is some sort of effectiveness filter. The best option is nearly always one of the first five or so, it just would be preferable if the first option was always the best
  7. Atrocitas New Member

Please have my agents collaborate, amongst themselves, twice a day, picking the five most profitable quests to run each session. I only want to define what "profitable" means (the type of reward to focus on) and which character should receive the rewards; these settings will remain until I decide to change them. The agents should self-organize to achieve my goals with the greatest chance of success across all five quests and distribute the rewards to my chosen character without me even having to log in.

Am I doing this right? This is how we effect change, yes? Seems good.
  8. enclee Augur

This is how these games are designed in mobile. They show it on their UI, which agents have the highest success rate. This isn’t engaging, it’s trash. Overseer is trash. Mobile game studios wouldn’t have released this garbage.
  9. code-zero Augur

I personally enjoy it quite a lot and I personally think ALL mobile games are not just trash but sewage that reeks.
    So I have been told that some people have made add on modules for that program that shall not be mentioned in order to run overseer for them. Maybe that's what the OP wants
  10. enclee Augur

That's great, but making the UI more user-friendly to aid in quicker judgements and less cumbersome clicking. You only get around 3-5 "screens" for a user to get to what they want and anything else past this is just going to annoy them. Think about anything you do on your computer, phone, or smart device. It's generally 3 screens or less to get to your end point.

It's not going to hurt anyone, if you pull Mission X and it shows an order of most applicable agents which allows you to compare to Mission A, B, C, etc to figure out which is going to be the most strategic use of agents for your objectives.

It's a very unfriendly UI and the type that would be shown as what not to do.
  11. Gorehammer Lorekeeper

Let me clear up your "maybe" with a "nope". I don't even know what you mean by add on modules. The Overseer UI is simply not user-friendly, as mentioned above. Like many players, I have multiple accounts, and it's cumbersome and physically uncomfortable clicking through four rows of agents for most quest's slots just on one account. Until I hear otherwise, I'm going to assume they did NOT design the Whack-A-Mole-Find-The-Best system to add to the mini-game's fun or "challenge". If it were such a cool feature, then many PC, console, and mobile games would feature many jumbled lists to add to the immersion of finding what you want.