Wow, 3 hour que, Daybreak is gonna seriously regret this

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by loaks, May 28, 2020.

1. loaks Journeyman

I know i will not be sticking around, as well as my 4 other friends...... If i have to jump back on p99 to prove a point to these J/O's, so be it. My lack of money to them will be my voice. And i invite others to follow. Show them how horrible they are, because clearly they are not getting the memo despite the inflamed forum. i lost 3 days now on both my subs, my bag and xp pots vanished, and my monthly xp pots vanished. It is so infuriating that they can get away with this, and can ruin this game for so many who had high hopes. Daybreak has got to be the cheapest, greediest most faceless company i have ever dealt with. Lets be real here. What is most important of all is the TIME they are taking from us. Precious time. Time that we could have spent doing other things or with our families, instead of getting hyped up for a botched server release like every other one, and NOW, insult to injury, get to sit in a que for 3 hours. Wow. Some might say, well its time you would waste on the game anyway, you know what? Everyones time is precious to them, and as they get older they have less of it, etc. So yea, 3 hours is the rest of my night, so Day 2 now, and i wont even have a chance, while others are powerleveling . Maybe i will be able to login for 2 hours on Day 3? Probably not, still a que. By the time I get connected people will be in their 30s already. That is so stupid and unfair, and it is solely daybreak's fault. No even playing field, no apologetic gifts, no free time, not even a formal apology to the paying customers.
  2. ayoforYayoh Augur

Honestly unless you're a streamer trying to get the first level 50 for a big charity event i wouldn't let it depress you as much.

You could literally take the next month off and come back to plenty of groups at all level ranges. This isn't as much of a now or never moment as your brain has you worked up to believe.

I can't recall in my entire MMO launch day history any game that had absolutely no congestion. I'm not here to say you're dumb for wanting to be in Everquest but this is so common now that it's weird to see the same reactions every single time.
    TheChosenOne, Uesce and loaks like this.
  3. NImxat Elder

This is day 2, not launch day. How could anyone believe that a 2 hour plus queue time is reasonable? What exactly is "maximum capacity"? Did DBG really set a limit of x players and no more are allowed at one time on the server? Surely they are not that stupid??? So if that wasn't bad enough, the queue system is BUGGED. A player in our static group waited several hours longer than the listed queue times today to be allowed to log in.
    loaks likes this.
  4. loaks Journeyman

I appreciate the sentiment, its half principle half let down, not to mention throwing away my hard earned money on a game being monopolized by a super greedy company that i have nothing but ill will toward. Project 1999 has never put people through this, never. And that is a FREE game run mostly by VOLUNTEERS. Let that sink in.
  5. ayoforYayoh Augur

Comparing P99's traffic to TLP traffic is like comparing the road traffic of a small texas country town to the road traffic of los angeles.

i'm in the same boat you are but if you just accept it for what it is then youll be gaming with me in norrath once it clears up and this will be a bad memory as is every launch.
  6. pipess New Member

I believe that's exactly what they did. My suspicion is that they were not going to be ready for the number of picks that would be generated and are using the queue as a buffer until they sort out their hardware needs.

The truth is that every launch has problems, but those are bottlenecks at login servers, DDOS attacks because turds think it's funny, etc. This Max Population queue is working as intended.
  7. CoquiFrog New Member

I understand how you feel and completely agree with you Loaks.

It is a highly warranted feeling and reaction imo.

If other companies did this, their fanbase would never return.
  8. Draconum Elder

Bai gurl.
  9. birisu Elder

Yeah, remember when everyone quit WoW and never returned because of queue times? What ever happened to that company lol
  10. Sikkun Augur

WoW classic and FFXIV are still doing fine.
  11. That0neguy Augur

And yet you stuck around long enough to post, and are probably still in the queue.
  12. Bailen Augur

In my brain I wasn't even thinking of the official launch day as the actual launch day, if that makes any sense. My mindset was that I'd get my first chance to play if i decided to come back for the TLP a few days after that date.
  13. Lejaun Augur

Give it a few days. You'll be able to log on at will.
  14. Thygrym Elder

Based on how many appear to not be able to log in and the claims by DPG that the server is at max capacity... it could be weeks or longer before people can log in at will. They're going to lose a lot of business over this kind of stuff.
  15. Zeus Journeyman

go back to p99, nobody cares about your 14.99
  16. Healiez Augur

If history repeats itself, and hell it usually does, this issue lasts about 1-2 weeks every time they open a new TLP.

I dont see that changing this time around
  17. Lejaun Augur

Doubtful. The same thing happens every time a new TLP is launched. It won't be weeks or longer.
  18. Xeris Augur

By Day 2 of Mangler it was running mostly smooth

As of Thurs night, Aradune had no ques... It's fine lol
  19. Kronotowin Elder

Don't worry, all the RMT sellers are near level 30, one is even streaming his journey on Twitch.
  20. Thrawnseg Augur

No queue as of this morning either - seems like it's getting better.