What is an acceptable que wait time?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ishbu, May 28, 2020.

1. Tweakfour17 Augur

You can even play on a brand new server where everyone is low level and starting fresh if you want to, they released two of them....
  2. Healiez Augur

TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DAYBREAK GAMES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE DAYBREAK GAMES ARE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. DAYBREAK DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THE DAYBREAK GAMES, INCLUDING ALL STATUTORY AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. DAYBREAK MAKES NO WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE QUALITY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE DAYBREAK GAMES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THAT ACCESS TO ANY OF THEM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, CONTINUOUS, VIRUS-FREE, ERROR FREE, RELIABLE, SECURE AND/OR COMPATIBLE WITH ANY PARTICULAR HARDWARE AND/OR SOFTWARE. DAYBREAK HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL OBLIGATIONS TO FURNISH ANY MAINTENANCE AND/OR SUPPORT SERVICES WITH RESPECT TO THE DAYBREAK GAMES

snipped right from the EULA, that you accepted when you activated your account.

I highlighted the important bit
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

Not sure why you quoted me, I was agreeing with you :)
  4. Healiez Augur

You werent the one I intended to quote.. that was wierd... FIXED!
  5. Zinkeh Augur

I sat for 5 hours today. I FINALLY get my 2nd account on Aradune. I make a char...log her in. "Your account login cannot be validated"........and that's that. Back in the 151 minute queue that is really 6+ hours. This is, for lack of a better word......Bullcrap.
  6. Febb Augur

The queue is a random 3 day +/- 12 hour timer.
  7. Laronk Augur

the biggest problem with the queue is:

It doesn't give you your current position, does clicking ok then selecting the server to see the current average wait time effect your position in queue, I don't know.
  8. Zetzin New Member

I cant say I feel sorry for people not getting their second accounts on. You're halving the number of people who get to play. There will be no shortage of groups for the next few weeks but because of so many people wanting 2+ accounts the number of actual players is much lower.
  9. Arog Augur

Tried again tonight to log in after work. According to the queue its 163 minute wait. Does the queue actually work? I have never left the log in screen for any amount of time greater than 5 or 10 minutes. I think I recall that it would give you a time out error message after 10 minutes. So again will this queue even work 3 hours later or will I just get timed out.
  10. Healiez Augur

Anyone remember WoW classic queues at the start... some were 12+ hours. most were at least 2-3 unless you played a dead server....
  11. Zinkeh Augur

It's
    It's a godd*mn 2 box server. I intend to 2 box.
  12. Zinkeh Augur

They are significantly longer than they say. I sat in a 141 minute queue today for well over 5 hours.
  13. Drewdwn New Member

I'd say the only thing that we need is just some progress on the Queue. I mean, it lacks a lot of common info. So much that most of us, don't even know if we should hit OK or not.
  14. DamastaShonuff Journeyman

Completely different situation, but you dont care, so keep spinning.
  15. Healiez Augur

Not sure how it is a different situation other then different games...

how about this.

Anyone remember Selo and mangler queue times, they were 2 hours at launch, and 2 weeks in were completely gone...

That better?
  16. valorian New Member

No you didn't, you're totally full of it, maybe day 1 yes but day 2 no.Those dudes doubled their realms by day 2. Buuuut, I do think the multi-realm thing was dissappointing, i thought they would single realm for each region and just use layering to hide stuff. I guess they couldn't break apart communities by forcing them into different layers maybe.. I dunno.
  17. Arkeal_Rathe_Bots Lorekeeper

Sure it's subjective to the person waiting. That is common sense. That wasn't the question though, what do the DEVS feel is acceptable?

Personally that kind of a wait is ridiculous, especially when they don't even tell us where we are in the que and whether or not we can click ok. Basic information in a que would be nice.
  18. DamastaShonuff Journeyman

I will take your word for it on the Selo/Mangler launch since I wasnt here. I was here however when EQ first started and it was the same crap 22 years ago. 22 years to upgrade things and stay reasonably close to modern tech, 22 years to fix the login issues, the server issues. Instead they seem to have focused on the Store.

You cant compare what is going on with Aradune with WoW Classic because WoW Classic had like 9 pve servers and around 20 pvp servers to choose from, all with the same exact setup outside of the pve/pvp choice. Aradune is the only server option with its features. Furthermore, the login issues that people saw during Classic were only on the first 4 servers announced. People were able to log in and reserve names so they refused to switch servers when more were made available after so many people crowded onto those first 4. They chose not to switch to the other 5 that were there. The other servers didnt have queues, didnt have lag. Blizzard also brought up additional servers to help with the problem. They also have a queue that shows you where you stand in line. There was only like 2 servers that had the long waits and that was because a bunch of streamers (Asmongold had pulled a lot of people to one of the servers) had announced they would be going to those servers, which always draws huge numbers for various reasons. Unlike DB, Blizzard actually had contingency plans in place and had a third party adding servers as needed to stop the bottlenecks.
  19. DamastaShonuff Journeyman

Oh yeah, there was no queue at midnight pst. Im dreading the weekend queue if nothing has been done about it yet...
  20. Arkeal_Rathe_Bots Lorekeeper

Zero que right now also but the problem remains to be seen. During peek times to have a que of THAT LONG only to have zero que later shows just how small the server cap is imo.

Sure its early AM in US but still, instant on this morning