New Jewelry craft question

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Slayan, May 27, 2020.

1. Slayan Journeyman

Returning after a long break and was wondering were can I go to that explains the new Jewelry craft system, I did web searches, Youtube searches and I got nothing. Any Help please
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Not too sure what you mean by the new system? Its still put items in container - hit combine - done. Except now you can "auto combine" and not have to hit the button everytime.

Do you mean where they removed all the enchanted versions of the 'old school' combines. The non-enchanted versions still exist and can be made, but they are pretty much pure skill up fodder.

However there is still other magic jewellery to be made - just search a little more in EQ Traders, I think harmonagate is used in some as are the other stones and compartmentalized are very popular as the inserts aren't level specific.

This is what I used to use for compartmentalized stuff: But not sure if its still useful, You can always look in baz if anyone is selling it and then look it up on EQ Traders
    https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/one...ed-jewelry-and-augmen-t2224.html#.VwASbnqrDDA
  3. Herf Augur

eqtraders.com is still the best crafting resource.
    Aanuvane and KarmaKitty like this.
  4. Broozer Augur

5. Vumad Cape Wearer

It works the same as it did before. The only change is that 301-350 you need you learn every recipe, whereas 1-300 you only needed to make non-trivial combines.

So 1-300, just make any combine higher than your trivial and you can skill up. (I once heard the combine had to be within 100 of your trivial but I'm not sure if that is true. In anycase, the closer you are to your trivial, the cheaper the combine, in most cases.)

301-350 you will ONLY skill up by learning new recipes. Search Soulbanshee's tradeskill parser which will tell you every jewelcrafting recipe you have not learned.

Do your tradeskill trophy early, as it is easier to level at low levels than it is to at high levels.
  6. Slayan Journeyman

Yes I was talking about the enchanted versions, Thanks :)
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Here are notes I've compiled from EQTraders and other spots.

I keep this on my "new alts" spreadsheet tab, so it's handy when I roll a new one :)

Recommended levels for the compartmented JC items:
    Electrum none
    Silver none
    Gold 25
    Platinum 40
    Velium 55
    Palladium 65
    Dwerium 75
    Temporite 85
    Cosgrite 85
    Feymetal 90
    Alaran Metal 95
    Planar Alloy 100

Pear Cut Energized Gemstone 95/100 1063 HME
    Pear Cut Alaris Gemstone 90/95 960 HME
    Pear Cut Miragestone 85/90 760 HME
    Pear Cut Underfoot Diamond no Req. 485 HME
    Pear Cut Taaffeite no Req. 250 HME
    Pear Cut Harmonagate no Req. 200 HME
    Pear Cut Prestidigitase no Req. 150 HME
    Pear Cut Staurolite no Req. 100 HME

Sorry, the formatting sucks, but here's the gist:
    For the settings, make trio compartmented items. They accomodate 3 TS augs, and one regular type 7 aug.

For the one main TS aug, the pear cuts are listed, which give HP, mana, and endurance. The levels shown for the settings are the min required, and similarly for the augs.

The settings do not attune, so they can be passed on to other alts as you outgrow them. The TS augs DO attune.

The other two compartments which hold TS augs are a different type. Good ones for those slots are round cut emeralds and opals.

The five gems shown here with no min level DO scale with level, so a level 1 won't get 485 HME from an Underfoot Diamond, but it will give better stats as the char levels up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  8. CrazyLarth Augur

9. Ebine Augur

KarmaKitty likes this.
  10. Slayan Journeyman

Thank you all for your info, I've come to the conclusion that by taking out the enchanted jewelry Jewelry craft is now useless
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Then you clearly didn't read my post, LOL @ u