What is an acceptable que wait time?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ishbu, May 28, 2020.

1. Ishbu Augur

I want to hear from DPG on this. What do they consider an acceptable amount of time to lock paying players out of the server before being let in upon the launch of a new server?

A que is inevitable, but where is the line between a time frame they are fine with and just being flat out unacceptably too long?

Its clear they are more than content at 3 hours and counting, but where is this line drawn? As a paying customer being denied the product I paid for, I at least deserve to know where the company stands on this to see if its even worth waiting for.
  2. VandilIzer Augur

It will settle down to little or no que within a few days, relax read a book while in que or play another game while you wait... Breathe...
  3. Thygrym Elder

It's only at 137 minutes right now... must be acceptable to DPG.
  4. Sikkun Augur

Well on WoW classic I had 12 hour plus queues everyday for 2 weeks. That game seems to still be running.

Only solution to a queue would be more servers...which you guys won’t want. Not sure what your actually asking for.
  5. Maestru New Member

I spent roughly 3 hours in queue to finally get to Character Select. Once I created my character and hit enter world, I was booted to the server screen with an error. When I attempted to re-log, I was put in the back of the queue. I had planned to give this TLP a shot, but I’ll just go back to WoW Classic. Oh well, maybe next time!
  6. MaestroM Augur

I'm operating under the assumption that everyone who spells it "que" is really the same person.
    Xzugh and Datura like this.
  7. Pwetti Durn'Stwung Elder

That's why we should open another Aradune and perhaps another Rizlona and then combine populations when population decreases. Not really hard to do since we are all starting off.
  8. minimind The Village Idiot

"Acceptable" is subjective to the person waiting. People who wait 1, 2, 3 hours to get in prove that it's acceptable to some people.

If it's not acceptable to you, then stop trying to log in and give it a few more hours before trying.
  9. DamastaShonuff Journeyman

You must have chosen a super high pop capped server. I played WoW classic and the longest queue we had on the first few days was 30 minutes at the most. They also brought up extra servers to relieve the queues. They also showed the populations before the servers were even launched, giving people a chance to move to one of the newly announced servers that were less congested. So you much have chosen to stay on one of the first servers even tho you knew it was overpopulated and ignored the other choices. There is no other choice here, just one fresh server with Aradune's ruleset.
    wade_watts likes this.
  10. Sikkun Augur

Was on the second round of servers they made after the first round. But yes it was still super high for a long time and they brought up what 3rd and 4th round I think?

Which is a viable solution to a game with that large of a playerbase (but let’s all remember the meltdowns about queue, splitting player base, etc)!! But on here if they launch a second server with no plan to merge it back in a week or two, it won’t be a net positive.
  11. loaks Journeyman

NONE of this is acceptable. And if you charge-back your card they ban all your accounts? What kind of utter slime thought that one up? This is the greediest most faceless company I have EVER SEEN!!!! I am sitting in an almost 3 hour que after wasting my night yesterday, what am i paying for? not even a sorry heres a potion , nevermind the bag and the monthly xp pots that poofed on me. I will most definitely be following all this up with emails to them.
  12. Velerin Journeyman

I think most these people would wait >20 hours in a line if they actually saw their number in a queue and got to see it actually going down over time.
    Vinlail likes this.
  13. Max Swift New Member

that's what every company does when they receive a chargeback. it's standard. you're not paying for access to TLP, you're paying for access to all the games and other servers. They're available to play. Filing a chargeback for this would be fraudulent. that's why they would close your accounts.
    minimind likes this.
  14. TheChosenOne Augur

I'd rather wait in a queue than play WoW Classic haha, that game sucked so bad.. i played it with a few friends who convinced me to come join them, every single one of us ended up quitting because it was so grindy and awful
  15. ayoforYayoh Augur

Don't tell anyone here to calm down. They do the exact opposite and it can't be good for their health.
  16. Sikkun Augur

Your on the EQ forums, grindy isn’t the best go to when you want to diss another game.
  17. minimind The Village Idiot

Whoa, now. You need to put a hitch in that giddy-up, and bring bring them ponies down to a trot.

;)
    Vinlail likes this.
  18. loaks Journeyman

Technically it would not be fraudulent, seeing as i paid for items that i was unable to claim because they were never given to me, technically i was not given the goods i purchased. So its okay for them to hustle people and screw people over and not do a single thing about it, but in the same token ban all my accounts and hard work because I am not okay with getting D***** around and having to file petitions and blah blah blah wheres my items blah blah blah, i should not have to do that, neither should anyone else. And we shouldnt have to wait 3 days for a response to said petition, because they are short staffed or whatever, because they are too cheap to have a full staff, working from home or not. Every cheap greedy decision they make affects us. They chose this release date, not us. Thats why we PAY. so we "dont" have to deal with this kind of crap. You normally get crap like this on free games, free servers (maybe, but not p1999, they are free, and miles better than this garbage). People pay for convenience, people pay for decent service, or any service at all i guess when it comes to DB!!!!! So yea i guess I should have expected to never get to play a game im paying for. Every single one of my friends quit already and charged back their cards. Honestly im thinking about it.
  19. Tweakfour17 Augur

What would you prefer? Either a box that says, its too full, no queue come back later. Or just let everyone in until the server crashes and no one gets to play?
  20. Healiez Augur

Except you are able to do everything you paid for....

You can claim the bags on a different server if you want, one without a queue you are choosing not to...

You can play EQ on a different server, without a queue, if you choose too...

You still have access to the game, you just have to wait to play on one particular server.

If there was an error claiming your bags and you raged cause they didnt get back to you immediately while they are dealing with a server launch that sucks, but immediately going full Karen and chargebacking your card is actually funny. Enjoy your ban.
    TheChosenOne likes this.