130m Queue times for Aradune....Yea...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Riolas, May 28, 2020.

1. Darkoon Journeyman

I know if I can't log in in the next two days.
    I'm gonna unsub, didn't pay for a game I can't play.
  2. Supermain New Member

To play on Aradune most likely the rest of this week and even into next expect to be in queue for probably 2+ hours at any given time. They dont care how much we hold our breathe, and stomp our feet, its just gonna suck hard for the casuals who probably only have a couple hours some nights to actually play after work and family life.
  3. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Positive it will get better over the weekend.
  4. Solmors New Member

Solmors Today at 12:43 PM
    @dreamweaver The real question is this. Why is the server full? Is it because the cap is artificially lowered? Is it because of server instability? And, is there a plan to increase the server cap? Because people wont stay around long with 2+ hour queues to log in.

dreamweaverToday at 12:44 PM
    @Solmors Nope it's at max cap the same one all the other servers have.

Solmors Today at 12:45 PM
    Thanks for the response @dreamweaver . Is there any discussion about raising the cap above the other servers? Or opening another server with the same rules as Aradune?

dreamweaver Today at 12:47 PM
    Solmors/Valker I've asked and pointed that out. If I get an answer I can share I will.

https://i.imgur.com/wyOELWp.png
  5. Ishbu Augur

Wait, so they took my money for something called All Access and are intentionally prohibiting access? its not an issue of getting the line in through the door as quickly as possibly, they just have decided to be at max capacity and the rest of us dont get to play?
  6. Thygrym Elder

I think they charge extra for the No Access. Check your credit card or bank statement just to be sure you were charged the right fee.
    Ishbu likes this.
  7. Sikkun Augur

If you can put 100 people in a room and there are 100 people in the room and 5000 outside the room what is your solution for solving this problem.

Go.
  8. Thygrym Elder

That just means they're even more incompetent than people thought. If your servers can't handle the load you knew was coming then you should either be fired or resign in disgrace for being so incompetent. This isn't their first time spinning up a TLP and they've had this happen every single time since Fippy.
  9. Thygrym Elder

You plan ahead and reserve a much bigger room. They have the data.. they know how many play on each server.. they've seen how many hit Mangler last year that caused this exact same issue. There is no excuse for this (esp since it's happened every time since what Fippy?).

They could implement an auto AFK boot that would likely help. They have other tools at their disposal as well... like putting multiple GMs in the game for a while to ban all those who are more than 2 boxing.
    wade_watts and Nordgaren like this.
  10. Nordgaren Elder

This is a terrible comparison. They can literally make more 100 man rooms.
  11. Nordgaren Elder

They even promised to put dedicated GMs to do just that, and they don't seem to be doing so!
  12. raylone New Member

if they really are at max, their better be a GM roaming around and seeing the bot army and kicking them. let them sit in queue vs uncontested xp while we wait for a chance to log in, or you know will get the " working as intended " and wait to play ...
  13. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

GM is also in queue.
    Nordgaren likes this.
  14. Sikkun Augur

There is a limit to the server size. That limit is not 100, but there are more people than the limit.

Solve the problem.

If you can’t see the comparison then I’m sure you can’t solve the problem either.
  15. Sikkun Augur

You don’t pay for a 5000 person room that will only have 100 people a week later.
    yepmetoo likes this.
  16. Rothj Augur

How about you reserve two for a week and one for a year after that? P99 did this with 2500 people playing and there weren't major issues.
  17. wade_watts Augur

I've really tried to have a positive attitude and be supportive of what DPG has to go through during high-volume launch times.. but dang if DPG doesn't make it incredibly difficult to not just rage quit. Your 'solution' to server load is to just stop serving connections after it gets to a fixed limit? So now the only way someone gets in the server is if someone crashes or disconnects (which they won't do since most-likely they won't be able to get back in). Half of our static groups are now screwed, folks can't get in and level together because half the force is sitting in a virtually infinite queue.

The most frustrating thing is, unless the servers are literally hard down, there seems to be no acknowledgement from the dev team or CSR folks to indicate that they've heard the feedback and are trying to resolve it. A passing "yeah, it's a hard limit" is what we get?
  18. Sikkun Augur

Honestly I agree, think that probably is the best option, launch 2 with a set merge date (that isn’t 7 years later).

It’s either that or you have a long queue for a couple days.
  19. Sikkun Augur

How else would a queue work? It’s not Disney where x number of people ride a ride per hour. You have a capacity limit and people have to wait after the limit is reached.
  20. Insanoflex New Member

I think I'm up to about 5 hours in queue now.