Aradune - why is spamming nukes disconnecting me?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bronk, May 28, 2020.

1. Bronk Elder

I'm two boxing two casters. All according to the rules.

I target, turn on auto attack, and start spamming nukes -- no subtlety here or waiting for cooldowns.

When I do that on Aradune, I find I sometimes get disconnected. Otherwise, the game is relatively stable. Also, this doesn't happen on other servers.

And, of course, that means another 2-3 hours in the queue. Now, there might be another cause, but 2 hours downtime doesn't really allow me to do any kind of testing.

What's up with this?
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

#Learn2Truebox
    Accipiter and Kutsuu like this.
  3. Bronk Elder

I have no idea what this means.
  4. Polekn Augur

Don't spam keys on TrueBox servers.
  5. Kutsuu Augur

Welcome to truebox. You cannot be hitting keys on both keyboards within the same ~second or so, *especially* if you are spamming them to any degree. Try to use socials on your box, and try to chill yourself out on spamming keys in general.

Also, make sure that you are using launchpad.exe to launch the game. If you are using Wineq2 or anything else to launch eqgame.exe directly, the game will treat you like you have zero days played. Treating you like you have zero days played means you'll get marked as spam as soon as you send a few tells to a friend, and it means truebox code will be extra super aggressive with you.
    minimind likes this.
  6. Kutsuu Augur

It's to inconvenience the naughty people who broadcast key presses to other PCs. It just happens to also punish anyone who's trying to be efficient with their box. Once you understand what is happening and why, it becomes natural to play around it. I haven't been trueboxed in ages just b/c I've gotten a feel for what will get you kicked.
  7. Bronk Elder

Thanks for the info. It sucks, but I guess I'll learn to deal with it.

In the meantime, I'm back in the *&^8 queue again. :mad:
  8. nagash101 Augur

Its the poorly written Truebox code. You will need to setup a VPN on the second computer or tether a cell phone connection to that computer. The Truebox code looks for those fast and repetitive commands from the same IP and thinks you are cheating or something. It then decided to disconnect or just plan crash. Bottom line in-order to actually play on a Truebox server SOME people have to setup individual IP address for each boxed account(separate computer) or they get booted constantly.
  9. nagash101 Augur

Unless you are using....other means to circumvent everything to box and to bot.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If you have made macros and both PC's have the macro on the same key & you spam hit it you can pretty much guarantee Truebox will kick both of your characters off the server.

So, use longer macros per hotkey on each pc (to reduce keystrokes) & make them use a different key.

So you may for example:
    your engage macro on on PC1 uses key 1
    your assist macro on PC 2 uses key 2

This doesn't guarantee truebox wont kick you but it makes it a lot less likely.
  11. VandilIzer Augur

Having played with truebox for 4+ years and boxed a toon all of it the number 1 problem is spamming the same key. If you nuke with Numpad 2 on one machine don't use it on the other. In classic on Phinny I got DCed all the time, I haven't had a issue besides the very rare DC due to me being an idiot (and spamming the same key) since changing my keys to different ones in many years.
  12. Healiez Augur

Like others have said, you are getting truebox booted.

Biggest thing you can do is teach yourself to be methodical and not spam keys.
    Second, try to make it so they keys you hit most often are different on the 2 PC's, for instance if your main nuke on one pc is "1" make it "2" on the other.

Back on Selo with 6 accounts being run in the same house we would rarely truebox error ourself unless we were being careless.
  13. Bronk Elder

Thanks for the info and tips guys.
    I've macro'd it and haven't had a problem since.
  14. Machen New Member

As an added tip, if you ever need to get out of game quickly, say you pull a train and you're about to wipe, you can spam 2 on both characters to instantly disconnect and be removed from the world.
  15. ayoforYayoh Augur

man....i feel so dumb after reading this.

i have my necros lifetap set to 2 and my druids heals set to 2. could not for the life of me figure out why i was being booted when the shiz got thick.

If this game wasn't so deeply embedded in my heart id peace out lightning fast for wow classic. At least there i can stay connected as i get flightpath camped.
  16. Tucoh Augur

I honestly don't know what this anti boxing feature even stops. Anything sophisticated enough to rebroadcast keys over a network connection is sophisticated enough to rebind the key presses.

As far as i can tell all it does is boot honest trueboxers and give people wise to it a way to safely /quit
    Machen likes this.
  17. Gio1999 Augur

Depending on the classes you box, you may or may not have run into it. When I had a box bard + wizard obviously I never ran into these problems lol
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

You certainly don't need anything complicated but you do need to know there basic rule of not hitting the same key on both boxes.

I 2 boxed all the time on agnarr and selo. 99 percent of the time it was fine. But make your common keypresses unique. If assist is 2 on your main then make it 3 on your box. This will probably solve most of the issues.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

The TrueBox disconnects from spamming keys on separate PCs is a bug in the implementation of TrueBox. My opinion. The clients see it as two keystrokes coming from the same PC.
    Tucoh likes this.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

In addition to what everyone else has said, I feel obligated to add my usual bit (sometimes Machen does it for me :)).

For a very small number of people, TrueBox will disconnect you even if you aren't spamming. We have never quite figured out why those folks are seeing a different result. I am one. It must have something to do with my ISP, my cable modem, my router, all of the above, maybe. I absolutely couldn't play due to the disconnects. I took a video to prove I wasn't spamming. In fact, in one case I was simply running forward on my main box... Boom! All 5 TrueBoxed. I sent the video link to JChan. The result?

[IMG]

Edit: This was over 3 years ago, btw.