Game Crashed and Lost Spot

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by vaenivo, May 28, 2020.

1. vaenivo New Member

Woke up and launched the client at 7am EST this morning. Took about an hour but I finally got in! Damn, was I excited!

... then the game crashed. As usual, I had to pull my character out so as to log back in, but my spot was lost. I had another 45min queue time.

Then I got back in! Ran around, killed some mobs, hit level 2, then tried to whisper my buddy to meet up. Game crashed. Back into the queue for another 54min timer.

This is beyond frustrating at this point. Especially because I've patiently waited twice to get in just this morning - not to mention all the waiting yesterday. I understand that you guys are dealing with some old tech, some old code, and not enough revenue to run the operation you'd prefer - that we the customers would prefer - but it's becoming increasingly difficult to support this sort of performance regardless of sentimentality.

Losing my spot in game, or in the queue, has me genuinely questioning the rationale to play EQ again. What's it going to take to facilitate the game stability and performance we all desire?
    Datura and Pyxis like this.
  2. vaenivo New Member

As an update, the same scenario happened a third time, and the queue length has only increased.

Everything on my PC is up to date. Windows, drivers, etc. Validated the EQ assets. Fiber internet connection is running smooth. Other games are operating normally. Hell, other EQ servers are stable for me without crashing.

I know I'm not alone in this, and there's a marginal amount of solace in that fact. However, it's still fairly depressing knowing we're approaching nearly 24 hours of server instability and poor performance.

I'm hopeful everything works out soon.
    Datura likes this.
  3. Izzo New Member

Yup, same thing here. Finally got through the queue, so exciting! Game crashed for no reason, 140m queue! Ughhhh.
  4. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Because Aradune is full of all the boxers wanting to sell krono to people like you, and Rizlona is 1/2 full of people who like to play EQ without having to deal with people like you.
  5. doah Augur

Please forgive me as I cackle at someone making fun of another, calling him a nerd, who claims to have "top 10 hrs logged all-time"
  6. doah Augur

Keep telling yourself that BUT everyone who plays eq is a nerd.

And it seems like you do care, otherwise why umad, bro?

Anything objective is not truth, it is a version of the truth possibly but not truth in and of itself.
  7. doah Augur

I sir only have one face, but you are so emo it is hilarious. getting all upset cause you think you're internet tough.