Torment of Velious Raid Tradeskill Earrings

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jalelorf, May 28, 2020.

1. Jalelorf Augur

Please take a look at the AC on the tradeskill earrings for Torment of Velious. When comparing the raid versions from The Burning Lands and Torment of Velious the AC difference is quite large. Can this be addressed please? The AC on the new raid earrings should not be less than the previous expansion. New earrings also seem to be missing a focus effect. Thanks.

TBL:
    Fleet Ascending Sun Earring
    MAGIC ITEM NO TRADE PRESTIGE
    Slot: EAR
    Charges: Unlimited
    AC: 424
    STR: +75+31 DEX: +69+30 STA: +56+29 CHA: +63+76 WIS: +65+29 INT: +86+30 AGI: +69+31 HP: +8344 MANA: +8211 ENDUR: +8211
    SV FIRE: +71 SV DISEASE: +69 SV COLD: +78 SV MAGIC: +93 SV POISON: +94 SV CORRUPTION: +2
    Attack: +58 HP Regen +10 Mana Regeneration: +10 Clairvoyance: +100 Spell Damage: +83 Heal Amount: +77 Endurance Regeneration +1
    Required level of 110.
    Effect: Might of Stone XIII (Any Slot/Can Equip, Casting Time: 0.5)
    Effect: Sharpshooting IX (Worn, Casting Time: Instant)
    Focus: Disconcerting Soul

TOV:
    Velium Enhanced Earring of Adroitness
    MAGIC ITEM NO TRADE PRESTIGE
    Slot: EAR
    Charges: Unlimited
    AC: 376
    STR: +90+30 DEX: +73+34 STA: +61+34 CHA: +56+71 WIS: +74+32 INT: +85+33 AGI: +73+32 HP: +9460 MANA: +9460 ENDUR: +9460
    SV FIRE: +85 SV DISEASE: +77 SV COLD: +85 SV MAGIC: +85 SV POISON: +93 SV CORRUPTION: +2
    Attack: +66 HP Regen +15 Mana Regeneration: +9 Clairvoyance: +113 Spell Damage: +88 Heal Amount: +88 Endurance Regeneration +1
    Required level of 115.
    Effect: Might of Stone XIV (Any Slot/Can Equip, Casting Time: 0.5)
    Effect: Sharpshooting IX (Worn, Casting Time: Instant)
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Its on purpose. Suck it up and use the old high ac one from tbl for another year.

He removed the high ac option.

The focus effect is on purpose. There is no longer detrimental and beneficial mana pres and range items. They are combined into one focus and it is on another slot.
  3. Jalelorf Augur

Don't tell me to suck it up.
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You will! And you'll like it!

Or not like it. But this was all gone over in detail in beta. It is intended.
  5. Mazame Augur

Maybe before you post do a search. This was cover months ago. The AC that we had in the past is no longer being made going forward. Yes that means the old AC ear is better AC and they are aware of it but it will become mute in an exp or 2. From what I can tell they are trying to do away with making so many items that most do get used.
  6. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

To be fair, its kind of like the oil of frog thing. The ear was already made. It never was named or went live. Why? Because in beta, casters asked about having the ac on the OTHER ears raised up to match the tank one.

So instead, the tank one got nerfed lol.
  7. Triconix Augur

I'd argue that 1100 raw hp and 5 heroic sta is better than 48 ac, even as an AC oriented tank. What it comes down to is 17 real ac (for a warrior with a 35% softcap ac benefit) better than >1,200 hp? I say yes. However, ear will definitely be the last upgrade of the expansion.
  8. Qbert Gallifreyan

The ears all got the standard ac value, and the rings all got the high ac value. Less fiddling now and in the future.
  9. Syylke_EMarr Augur

And an extra ~5 Luck by upgrading to ToV ear.

All in all, the differences are minimal either way. If you care more about AC, stick with TBL. If you care more about other stats, upgrade to ToV
    Ngreth Thergn likes this.
  10. Syylke_EMarr Augur

To be fair, I think the actual request was for the pet class earring to get its AC boosted since it was >100 AC lower than even the other "caster" earrings in TBL.
  11. Duder Augur

Detrimental duration was rolled onto masks
  12. Jalelorf Augur

I play a warrior. The AC on this earring is significantly less even with the added AGI. I will make due with the old earring, but was hoping to get a DEV to reconsider this decision.
  13. Triconix Augur

That's just untrue. You're getting a 35% benefit from the raw ac you see being presented. That means you're actually only getting something like 17 actual ac. As a tank who is very AC-oriented, I cannot say 17 ac is better than over 1,200hp. I will definitely use the new ear, but it will definitely be the last item I upgrade this ear.
  14. Natal Augur

The Ngreth has already explained his position on this. Making another post thread won't change that.

The ear slot no longer has a focus because beneficial and detrimental duration foci have been rolled into one and are found on the back slot.
  15. p2aa Augur

1100 HP is better than 48 AC. Been a while + 100 AC has done an impact on mob hits distribution.
  16. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

48 rAC is twice the relative value of 1100 hp in terms of the statistics we have in game right now.

Neither of them make a bit of difference though, as everything is inflated way too high. So do what you want.
  17. Laronk Augur

suck it up
    yepmetoo likes this.
  18. Dirtnasty New Member

@yepmetoo would you mind elaborating on how you come to that conclusion??
  19. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Went to answer, and just realized he was quoting raw numbers. So my ballpark was off since I was basing it on 1100 hp and 48 rAC.

Let's say, someone not stacking hSta (which would even widen the gap), raid gear, has (without all the bells and whistles like tribute and glyphs, temp buffs, etc), unbuffed, 420khp and 10k mitigation ac.

Actual difference is about 1500 hp and 19 mitigation ac.

So to run it again:

1500/420000 = 0.36%
    19/10000 = 0.19%

So the hp is actually twice the ac, relative to the stats we have.

But my overall point is the same. Neither of the stats makes a single whit of difference, so do what you want.
  20. Laronk Augur

Really the real answer, it's probably the last piece of gear you should upgrade because upgrading the other slots will probably give you both HP and AC