Seriously Disappointed

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Genjo, May 21, 2020.

1. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

I have to agree with this. When a company is at fault, even if it is not their fault, they are still to blame and they are suppose to or at least should provide compensation.

-Nobody cares if you are low on man power, hire more people.

-No one cares if you do not have the money to do so. Sell more of your product.

-Nobody cares if your system is down. Buy a better system.

-No one cares if you are having a bad day, because they are not paying for you to have a good day, they are simply paying to have their product.

No one in their right mind agreed to pay for outages. That clause was thrown in there to cover the devs butts when there is disturbance in gameplay or worse and you hit "I agree" simply to play the game in question. The TOS and EULA is not the be all and end all companies will have you believe.

But also please understand the devs did not do this on purpose. They are or were working hard to fix the situation, most likely still are trying to fix anything they may of missed previously, while still working on new content to make us all happy or try to anyway. It probably breaks their hearts to know their customers are not happy. It probably frustrates them to no end that they are expected to do so much with so little. We should all be thankful the game even still exists. But it would be nice if they did compensate just a little (more) for the times that servers are down longer than expected, at least for the paying customers.
    cadres likes this.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Actually everyone playing the game with a sub agreed to pay for a game that would have outages. Even those playing for free agreed to play a game that would have outages.

EVERY
    SINGLE
    ONE

The clause is there because they know from time to time there will be outages and down time.

If you could ever get this to court you would have to prove that the game is down for an unreasonable amount of time and

YOU
    WILL
    NEVER
    PROVE
    THAT.

Now sure how much easier I can make it to understand.

They had some outages. They own us nothing for those outages. If they wanted to do something that is just them being extra nice.
    minimind and Nennius like this.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

How some react to the occasional down time of EQ

Kovachs, minimind and Sokki like this.
  4. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

No. They did not agree to pay for outages.

NOT
    A
    SINGLE
    PERSON

I understand what you are saying. It is you who do not understand what you are saying. ^^!

And I was not referring to outages as being taken to court worthy. Although I would also argue if you paid for a yearly subscription and it was out for more than a month and the company refused to refund you, I am pretty sure you could take them to court on those grounds. Whether or not you would win is a different matter. But you could potentially do so, especially if their were multiple complaints with the same issue. No I was talking about more serious matters then simple downtime though, as just about every company will put that for you to agree to.
  5. minimind The Village Idiot

Section 1.5 of the EULA

Scheduled and Unscheduled Service Interruptions
    Games are "online" games that must be played over the internet. Daybreak reserves the right to interrupt, modify (including, without limitation, adding or removing servers), suspend, cancel or terminate the Software or any Game(s) with or without prior notice for any reason or no reason. You agree that neither Daybreak (nor its licensors, licensees and/or service providers, if applicable) to will be liable for any interruption, delay and/or failure of the Software and/or any Game(s) to perform, and you understand that you shall not be entitled to any refund of fees for Paid Content (defined in Section 3 below) or other compensation for interruption to your use of the Software an/or any Game(s) or any failure of the Software and/or any Game(s) to perform.
  6. Nylrem Augur

LOL, at least can always count on these type of threads every downtime :)

I'm gonna bet that they brought them down again when realized that all corpses from like last 3 or 4 days were in game, and everyone could rez them for xp.

SK in guild said that he had 17 corpses. Am guessing that if he'd been lower than level 115, could have gained quite a chunk of 'free' xp, lol.

My 113 alt, with just 2 corpses, gained like 30% reg xp when clicked Expedient Recovery.

I'd bet I saw 200 corpses scattered throughout GD, for the brief 30min or so that I was on. Being able to re-rez them again for xp, for all players, on all servers... would be one heck of a 'bonus'... just not a very fair one, to those of us that don't need xp, or hadn't died much in last few days LOL.
  7. Xyphen Maximum Augur

So you're buying your Kronos illegally? They (and a subscription) cost $17 and the only place they sell for $10 is on illicit auction sites.
  8. cadres Augur

All those folk citing the EULA:
    Go and read some law books
    Look at the hundreds of thousands of cases where people, who almost certainly earn more than you or I could dream of, have spent many many decades building up bodies of nuance and variable over the interpretation and application of words in contract law and setting complex precedents
    Legal advice should only come from experts in that particular area of law

I don't think anyone who believes there should be a compensatory framework has been positing an legal argument, however
    Just a moral one - that customers have been shortchanged
    Some folks seem very happy with the downtime. No-one is telling you you should not be happy
    Please allow the paying customers who are not happy the same courtesy
  9. Zamiam Augur

a yearly sub is $120 which breaks down to $10 a month ..
    Nennius and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  10. Grumpy007 New Member

Seems to me the sympathizers are on daybreak payroll and their time would be better spent fixing the game. Two weeks into a return from a eight year absent and started when Verant was at the helm. There was down time but nothing like this...ever. Sad to see it end. They have three months of my money but that will do it for me. You guys should expect AND receive better.
    cadres likes this.
  11. Xyphen Maximum Augur

Oh I see. Good for them for voting that much confidence into the integrity of the game.
  12. Incomingheal New Member

If you pay annually for the game it's about $10 a month.
  13. Nivek Journeyman

Karen, why did you call him Francis?
  14. dreadlord Augur

Really? Name-calling? Someone doesn't agree with you so you resort to nasty patronising and playground name-calling?
    You do know about the folk who kill themselves because of online bullying yes?
    If this game was played by teens, it would perhaps be unsurprising, but given that most folk seem to be looking at middle age - just WTF?
  15. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

The customers still did not agree to pay for outages. If you want to pay for outages, pay some random person on the street and they will guarantee you will get outages. If someone paid for a yearly subscription and it basically just started and the game shut down permanently or for long stretches of time, they have the right to demand a refund regardless what that states. And you might just get it as well, willingly or unwillingly. I am not painting DB as being an evil corporate entity that wont take care of it's customers. I am simply informing anyone not in the know, that the TOS and the EULA is not the be all and end all some would have others believe.
  16. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

Where's Francis?

17. minimind The Village Idiot

When I buy automobile tires, I don't pay for flats. I accept that flats can happen.
    When I pay for pizza on Super Bowl Sunday, I don't pay for it take 90 minutes to arrive. I accept that it may.
    When I subscribe to an ISP, I don't pay for service outages. I'm appropriately warned that such outages will occur.

When you pay for a product, you don't pay for failure, but you accept that failure can/may/will happen at some point. That's why these EULAs and TOSes exist.

You're right that the EULA is not the end all. EULAs have been defeated in court. However, this relevant is so very standard that you'd be spending your own money to lose.
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Sokki and Skuz like this.
  18. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

The amount of ridiculous entitlement in these types of threads is beyond my comprehension. Perhaps you've all forgotten, in your blame-drunk stupors, that we are in unprecedented times.

I urge you to give those who do not meet your expectations a bit of grace, and perhaps you'll get some in return.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

No we are just reasonable people. Reason makes all the difference :)
  20. Northstar_007 New Member

If you're losing old and new subscribers in droves as a result of all the down time and other problems the "reasonable" person would understand it's going to hurt the bottom line and flow down to the remaining paying customer in terms of quality and service, who somehow is called a "blame-drunk entitled whiner" lol...how does that even work?? Insult the remaining paying customers, genius.
    cadres likes this.