Out of curiosity, why are people so worked up?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Arugan, May 27, 2020.

1. nagash101 Augur

I don't think that p99 boxer comment is truly accurate.
  2. Seithinal New Member

Another Troll post, stop feeding the trolls lol.
  3. cidude New Member

Aragun, you are kinda ignoring the fact that this shut all servers down, not just today's launched servers
    Scipio5 likes this.
  4. Arog Augur

I view a new TLP server as a virtual vacation. So I understand when people make plans to play just like they make plans for their vacation and then the game isn't ready the frustration. I tried Mangler on day one and that was a disaster so I was not surprised that this one is too. I didn't even make plans to play until around 6 or 7 P.M. about 7 hours after launch to play. But now at 9 P.M. its still not available. Yes I am very disappointed but not irate yet. I wish the Darkpaw team would look at these days like how retail stores look at Black Friday. Learn from the previous years disasters and try to improve next year. Sadly I see no improvements on opening day with the launcher and high demand. But they have made improvements with pick zones and agents of change. At least there is some improvement.
    Scipio5 likes this.
  5. Arugan Lorekeeper

That is a fair point! The people who were playing on other servers definitely should be upset! But what about everyone else?
    Scipio5 likes this.
  6. cidude New Member

and its tossed right onto last weeks train wreck, I love the game, i'm not leaving, but its been a whole lotta train wreck since the April patch
  7. Catashe Augur

cause its 2020 and human kind and especially the internet is devolved into a its all about me and instant gratification and if they can't have it now they become whiny little b****** til they get what they want... Makes me wonder if any of these guys playing now survived the 90s on dial up
  8. Fightmilk Lorekeeper

We certainly sweated about it just as much! - We just didn't have the means to OFFICIALLY publicly complain about it - There were TONS of class specific sites and forums that we used before EQ had its own. Castersrealm, Everlore, etc. The entire point is that things have changed since 1999 and we're not playing on dial up anymore. If you worked for me and I asked you to send me a document immediately, and it took you 5 hours to send it over 56k when you had 1Gb/s available to you, you'd better bet your job I'd be angry with you.
  9. TheChosenOne Augur

i love seeing the tantrums people throw tho, almost makes it worth it
    Molda likes this.
  10. Risiko Augur

Maybe it's because life sucks, and Everquest is their only outlet for escape.
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

You're in our world now.
  12. minimind The Village Idiot

People are just really passionate and care a bunch about EQ. They want it to be as great as they know it can be and have a hard time containing that excitement. Or... other reasons. My guess is other reasons.
  13. Gamer 99acd New Member

Looks like most went to bed, haven't seen too many flame posts.
  14. Hadesborne Augur

I don't think you quite understand what we, as customers, actually are paying for. The burden of performance lies on the service provider, NOT on the customer to accept when services are not rendered. MOST successfull companies understand this simple point.

But so did DPG. They knew this was going to be rough aand again, the BURDEN of PERFORMANCE is on them to figure out a way to avoid this kind of debacle.

They aren't complaining to God about their crappy life. They are complaining DIRECTLY to a company that they have PAID for a service they have not received. It is black and white. There is no grey area here. They have every right to complain to them. They aren't complaining to YOU. You may be reading it, but they are directing their IRE towards their service provider. How about take this tact since, you literally have NO SKIN IN THE GAME between them and their service provider: Stop reading their complaints, if it riles you up so much.
  15. Arugan Lorekeeper

You are clearly the one who is riled, my friend. I was merely asking a question--wondering why people are so riled up! Good luck sleeping tonight!
  16. Piznut Angry Gnome

I don't really see the point in playing devils advocate as much as you are. To sit around and say "hey we know this product is crappy, but if we're paying we should just be happy with a crappy product" is kinda silly.