Chargeback?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Fightmilk, May 27, 2020.

1. Fightmilk Lorekeeper

So today I ordered a bag bundle and it said it was claimable on any server. I managed to log in to Aradune and get a character in world, but my claim couldn't be processed. Seeing as this server will not materialize any time soon, and my inability to claim on ANY (i.e my choice) server, can I chargeback and have you guys delete my claim without losing my other server accounts? You've made it clear that this is going to be a disaster (1.5h uptime since launch). - I no longer want to pay for those items that were not received in the agreed upon terms. Please Advise.
  2. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Patience, Grasshopper. You will eventually be able to log in AND claim your bag bundle.
  3. Derka Power Ranger

Only do a charge back if you plan on never playing again. Highly frowned upon and comes with consequences.
    Nennius likes this.
  4. Fightmilk Lorekeeper

Again - The expectation at the time of purchase was that the service would be available at the specified time.
  5. Exekute New Member

It's also highly frowned upon to sell services and then not provide them.
    Maxamos, Orzulth and Fightmilk like this.
  6. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

And you're a new user, probably new to the Everquest Experience™ that is patch days, release days, and launch days. If you read the fine print, it says access to the game is not 100% guaranteed.
  7. Derka Power Ranger

Do you think DPG enjoys losing money? Every minute those servers are down are potential hundreds to thousands of dollars in store sales for bags, mount, potions, etc.. Plus they have to read posts from a bunch of whiners.
    code-zero likes this.
  8. Fightmilk Lorekeeper

Been playing since 2001... Originally Quellious, then Povar, then Luclin, then Back to Povar on my main account... but the last few TLPs have shown me that I need to guard my wallet with this company. Not that its relevant - I'm just saying if I cant get in on Day 1 and USE my bags to my advantage, I no longer want them /shrug
    Orzulth likes this.
  9. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Ahh so just using an alt account to post, gotcha. Well, you do you. Hope the rest of your accounts aren't linked by email or credit card number, because they will all be permabanned.
  10. Fightmilk Lorekeeper

There's a reason this is posted in "Support" and not "Just some guy who thinks he's qualified to chime in".
  11. CharlieFubar New Member

Wow, so wait... You're saying if we want a credit for this you get banned? It's pretty , I could've bought any other game today except Xbox and been better off. I mean I can still buy whatever, but now I'm bitter
  12. Qbert Gallifreyan

This is the player-to-player support forum. It is quite rare for red names to reply here.
  13. ghost27m New Member

You wana get banned?
    I found the problem sent it to corporate.... prolly be banned tomorrow!

[IMG]
    Orzulth likes this.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Here is some further information from "support" thru the EQ "Help" you could find by putting "chargeback" in the "search"

What if I have disputed a charge with my bank?

If you've disputed a charge with your bank, our chargeback team will close your account and place it into a banned state until the payment is returned to us.

Or we could look at this one:

All of our products including games, expansions, Daybreak Cash, and All Access Membership time are non-refundable. Once the order is placed and the credit card is charged, the order cannot be canceled

And finally

Daybreak does not ensure continuous or error-free access or availability of any Daybreak Game(s).

None of these however stop you from petitioning and requesting a refund. Seeing as how you sound intelligent, you should know changing your mind about a sale in EQ means nothing.
    code-zero likes this.
  15. Fightmilk Lorekeeper

None of the aforementioned include "packs".
  16. code-zero Augur

Now you're just being pedantic
    CatsPaws likes this.
  17. Fightmilk Lorekeeper

Not really - the entire point is that I couldn't use it when advertised, and when I went to use it, they crashed the database and now it's missing. They're literally denying me the items I'd spent nearly $40 on.
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Your wanting to play at X time or wanting to use something at a certain time has no bearing on anything. So toss that out. They don't promise that anywhere in the game.

You purchased the bundle. You see funds taken out of your credit card on my credit card website.

You have logged in today and do not see the item

Simply file a petition.

Edit of course the petition que is extremely long right now due to the 100's of players who lost entire banks and plat but I am sure they will get to you.
  19. Fightmilk Lorekeeper

So by that logic, until I get it they can toss my transaction out too?
  20. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Do you see the charge on your credit card website?