Is an apology really that hard?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Smederick, May 27, 2020.

1. PhinigelKronoFarmer Journeyman

They will potentially apologize if they determine if there is an issue with the servers.
  2. Tieras Ranger of FV

Everyone is just frustrated and it comes out in different ways for different people, some say they are quitting some say other similar stuff. But in the end almost everyone will be back playing again and this will be forgotten. But I do understand the servers going down every 2nd day crazy, and I never complain about servers going down but we have had so much down time in the last week we haven't been able to play for over 2 days, so I think we should be given an extra 2-3 days given to our accounts since we paid for 30 days a month not 27 or 28.
    Bruzum Grobbfist likes this.
  3. Ruven_BB Augur

I'm going to agree with Requiesce, its pathetic. I am going to disagree with Bruzum to tell him/her to do something else, because well when folks quit it makes the game die faster.

My recommendation to management, get your priorities in order, performance has gone from slipping to an outright slide. If drastic corrections are not made, the viability of this franchise is strongly in question. Because nights like this is going to have members quit. More nights like this will have even more folks quit.

Ruven
    Xyphen likes this.
  4. Overboard New Member

until the player base actually gives a sh*t and stops paying and playing this game, the devs don't need to do anything.

Money talks and bull**it (all this chatter) walks.
  5. Requiesce Journeyman

I'd be just as content with the servers working as I would for them to shut the game down with a final message:

"Yeah, of course we didn't care about the players. I can't believe they suffered through all of that for so long. Daybreak promised us bonus checks for keeping it going for one last expansion using as little money as possible. We got our checks and we're done. Peace."

It bothers me to constantly rationalize why it's so hard for them to apologize or throw their players even the smallest bone. There is no Business 101 handbook in the world that says you shouldn't.
    Lachnar likes this.
  6. Zamiam Augur

Test is still up .. for the moment :p
  7. Poote Lorekeeper

WHO IS THAT POSTING AS RUVEN?! IMPOSTER!!!!
  8. Ruven_BB Augur

I lurk about at times. Keep everyone honest Poote.
    Bruzum Grobbfist likes this.
  9. Bruzum Grobbfist Journeyman

id like to be clear. i wasn't telling him "go do something else!" im just saying, if you've come to the end of your rope on something, have you considered getting away from it? you can't control what happens with something on the internet, but you can get away from it if you want. and you're right, some people will quit over this. thats not a bad thing. if they don't want to play theres plenty of other games to play; better games even! but, if you want to play everquest? its old and this is part of it lol. just want to be clear im not dissin him or you, these are legitimate gripes. i just question whether theres something that can actually be done about it on their end. def something on the players' end that can be done about it, but i gotta believe the team involved with this is doing all they can.
  10. Bruzum Grobbfist Journeyman

very well said
  11. Fewmaster New Member

Corporations don't apologize. Instead they double down. it's standard policy.