Paly or SK with Druid

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pyxis, May 27, 2020.

1. Pyxis New Member

Soo, sitting in the que x 2.

My wife can't play for a couple of months, but she eventually wants to 2 box druid/enc so I thought I could level up her druid as a box for my tank class. Then we could use it to power level the enc and my other character when she has some time. I am kind of stuck between Paly and SK, loved playing SK in the past but there seems to be so many of them that I am seriously considering going Paly to change it up.

Any thoughts on which duo would work out better, i will mostly be grouping, probably try some casual raiding as well.
  2. Gio1999 Augur

If you're sitting in queue how are you saying there seems to be so many SKs?
  3. Chatoyan Elder

Pally will make for easier pulling, early on, with pacify.
  4. Pyxis New Member

Gio, that is based on every single TLP I have played on. So I don't know for sure, but I am pretty sure that will stand true? Usually not too many paladins around.
  5. Lejaun Augur

Go with the SK. You have experience with it and you said yourself that you enjoyed playing it in the past. Don't worry about what others do.
  6. Ketzerei84 Elder

If you love the SK, play the SK, I boxed SK/Druid back in fippy/vulak days and loved the combo. If you're really up for a change take the paladin, It's a very different ride from the SK.

If you duo Pal/Dru as comapred to SK/DruThe paladin does slightly less dps, on live mobs, but tanks just as well and has that extra utility for heal intensive fights the druid can't quite mainheal on, plus the ability to rezz early on and xp rezz by mid levels. The sk has fd splitting, which is nice for breaking camps, but 'most' of the camps you're going after can be broken with the combination of harmony and paci from pal/dru. You'll rely more on the druid DPS than the paladin's, and as a result you'll gear more defensively, which plays to the paladin's strengths, instead of the more dps oriented gearing you'd do on an sk. With SK/Dru your SK does the lion's share of the dps, and the druid is jsut a heal and track bot. Like a ranger with a slightly bigger mana pool. Since you intend to move this character over to your wife, you may want to hand a more well-rounded character - in which case, roll with the pally. Pal/Dru/Enc is a powerful core force, especially, imo, if you add a pure caster dps as your 4th.