Raid Healing guides - for the returning player

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Lildiasse, May 5, 2020.

1. Lildiasse New Member

Anyone know of a good place to find basic raid write ups - specifically healing? Rejoining the raid force after 10 yr absence. Switched from a shaman to druid.
  2. Danaleigh Elder

Your healing ?? You switched from a shaman to a druid ??? Boggles my mind.
    dirgenoobforreal, Funky and Tucoh like this.
  3. Lildiasse New Member

I wanted the porting capabilities and while waiting on getting my original account back decided I liked the druid. And when I left druids healed better than shaman did.
  4. Tucoh Augur

You talking live or TLP?
  5. Lildiasse New Member

Let me rephrase this. Look for healing guides to help my raid force. As things have changed so much in 10 yrs just trying to put our team in the right direction. Clerics seem to be lacking or just don't raid much anymore?
  6. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

If you're on Live, trying to do current content, the Shaman is an infinitely better raid healer than the druid, good Splashing and Alliance upkeep covers up for a lot of bad play.
    Kuvani and Szilent like this.
  7. Danaleigh Elder

Didn't mean to sound condescending, I was on my first cup of coffee and posted without thinking. Having played a druid for 14 years and then main changing to a shaman, all I can say is, in today's live raid game Druids are way better at DPS then healing. That being said if you go to the EQ freelance forums you will find, a Druid Guide (Raid setups & basic overview). It's 2 years old but it covers the basics and has a lot of good information.
    Topic: Druid Guide (Raid Setups & Basic Class Overview) (Read 3144 times)

Topic: Druid Guide (Raid Setups & Basic Class Overview) (Read 3144 times)
  8. Raccoo Augur

9. Danaleigh Elder

Thanks Raccoo !
  10. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

healing guide for a druid: step 1.... delete druid go back to shaman. Step 2... gift -> splash.....
  11. ptah Augur

im in shaman over druid camp, but play what you play.
  12. Nylrem Augur

For healing... if they would fix druid's Mysterious Ways to work properly, they'd be the better MT healer... Alas, it's broke as crap (consumes counters, but DOES NOT HEAL).

Or, if they'd unlink the quick heal timers, like Shaman and Cleric are, then there would at least be able to compete.

However, with sharing timers for quick heals, and unable to cast new > older > older quick heals in same line, druid heals stink.

With super long recast on best group heal, and too long of recast at all on slow group heal... druids are at a severe disadvantage over the other priests, for healing.

For druid:

Multbind (if you don't know what that is, is many posts how to do it) Rejuvenescence > Adrenaline Deluge > Viridavida is bout the best you can do for druid healing, can add a social with conv of spirits, spirit of the bear, wrath of the wild, and swarm of fireflies if want to same key (fireflies will have issues if target already has similar, divine guardian, etc and 'hang up' sometimes).

Survival > Lunalesce for group heals, can add social with spirit of the wood, nature's boon, blessing of tunare, and wildtender survival (and even radiant cure if wish/event ok).

For cleric:

Can do multbind of Splash > Sincere Remedy > Dissident > Merciful Remedy > Spiritual Remedy for cleric 'basic' heal spam key. Can add social of focused celestial regen, spire, divine guardian, and yaulp.

Splash > Syllable > Word Greater Replenishment for group heal multbind. Social with divine arb, beacon of life, exquisite benediction, and epic click.

Putting splash first in these multibinds will leave it's target ring on cursor, ready to use, whenever want, without interfering with spamming 'regular' heals.

For shaman:

Can do multibind of Gift > squall > reckless > reckless > reckless for shaman as a 'basic' heal spam key. Or add Renewal, possibly in the lineup if group is taking lots of damage, and to proc synergy to group.

Super basics, but thinkin maybe that's really what you were lookin for?

I am also in the camp of druids and shaman should be DPSing as much as possible though. They are both top tier sustained DPS, with proper gear and AA.

The lack of DPS, is why clerics are scarce. They're impossible to solo or molo efficiently. All other priests make better box toons for group content, and more preferred healers for pick up groups, because they have much more utility, plenty of healing for group content, and far more DPS, when doing easier stuff.
  13. Rolaque Ancient

Good list, Nylrem.
    Being gone for 10 years, you might not realize that you can multibind targeting with spells. So the extended target window is for out of group. While the function keys (Fn) already targets a group member, so you might want to multibind the Fn keys to heals.