Renotaki - Can we do something?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bronut, May 27, 2020.

1. Bronut Augur

My guildmate Kovaches said in guild chat the other day

Kovaches: Hey it looks like RA lost one of its players too covid

Me (Ivxl) : Awwww, do you know who it was?

(it would be tragic reguardless) but i sat there in my mind going "Not Reno,
    Not Reno, please Not Reno."
    Kovaches : Renotaki

- and i just started to cry.

Renotaki imo, was unique, in how he was able to convey his warmth over text. He was a positive person. (I'm not the best writer, and trying to describe someone you only knew through words, seems quite difficult now that Im trying to do it. Ill make it short) You could tell he had a big heart.

He put a lot of effort into Everquest. He was a competitive Everquest player; his parses were very high. He did this quite respectfully tho, I have never seen a more polite "Parse "

He cared about people, he cared about the game, and he cared about us, he was part of our community, i very much feel he was one of us, witch is maybe why i have been thinking about it so much.

[Thu Oct 2019] c tells the raid, '/GU Combined: Rustbottom, Grinder of Gears in 3145s, 1,473.4m @468497 | #1 Renotaki + pets 1,431.3m@(455.1k in 3145s) {MKGM} also full day parse (minus the trash clear at start. so Starting at the doomfire guardian) '

Notice the date he was level 110, its a TBL parse.

Maybe he wasn't "The best wizard in game" , I'm really unsure, but he knew his stuff, and it was important to him.

Hes never going to log in again..... I have issue with his place in eq being an occasional thought from a few people that happen to recall him once and again.

It would be nice, if we could solidify his legacy with something in game. Maybe in the next expan if there is a quest npc or something, that resembles what he was to the community, it could share his name....or something.
  2. RPoo Augur

If there is anyone who deserves in game immortality it was him.
    Jhenna_BB, Robnie and Gabrieles like this.
  3. Mongol311 A really bad wiz

The wizards of Final Empire on Povar send their regards to Reno's guild and family. Terrible loss, 24 is too young.
  4. Nylrem Augur

I have decided the next time I see a slinky, going to get one, to put under my monitor, in memoriam...

(Would always hear the chiinnggg noise, constantly, in discord, of him wearing one out, while he was entertaining the guild with some story, trivia, etc while moving to next event, etc).

Renotaki was special. He will be dearly missed, by many.
  5. Cicelee Augur

I know in the past items have been named after players (Qulas, a monk, had some monk weapon named after him as one that comes to mind). Maybe next expansion a wizard only item can be named after him?

The only concern I can see DPG having with this is that when you do it for one, you start getting requests for all. And if you don't do it for all, feelings get hurt and anger and frustration rises. Why did Joe get a clickie named after him but not Sally?

Regardless of anything that comes about from this thread, my condolences to his real life and virtual families...
    Corwyhn Lionheart and RPoo like this.
  6. Zamiam Augur

there was an AA that was named after a player iirc it was for clerics Veturika or something that gives like 20 or 30k mana .. the AA Veturika was named after the Vets<insertclass> she had a whole slew of toons with that designation ..
  7. minimind The Village Idiot

A dear friend of many within the Norrathian Council of Guilds on Luclin died last year (Zizzle, Shaman). It was sudden and unexpected. All we wanted (and maybe it could still happen) is the ability to get a suffix/title "..., friend of [name]" put in the game for memorials.

We were lucky enough to connect with his family who described him as extremely private and had no idea that he had such a massive influence on so many people.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  8. p2aa Augur

100 % this.
  9. Drogba Augur

Didn't really know you Renotaki, but could tell by various parses that you were one of the strongest active wizards at DPS in the game.

Rest in Peace.
    Duder likes this.
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Were an in-game item named after Reno, it would have to be something along the lines of: Renotaki's Charmed Longstaff of Full Release Explosions. If it wasn't something like that, he'd turn over in his grave!
    Zataos likes this.
  11. Squrriel Journeyman

Everquest Community,

Times like these are always difficult and words are an inadequate medium to express feelings like love, grief, and thanks. While, Everquest may be a game in a fantasy world the community and the people are real. I want to thank all of you who have been sharing stories and encounters you've had with Reno over the years, in doing so you honor his memory. I also want to express sincere appreciation on behalf of myself and Reckless Ascension for all of the support and the donations to Reno's GoFundMe memorial they made a huge difference for his family. Life may be brutish and short but it is much more enjoyable with great friends and a caring community.

Thank You All
    Duder likes this.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Sorry for the loss all those who had this person in their life are feeling now.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We asked the same thing for a guildy who past away last year, sadly we heard nothing back from Daybreak.

So instead we did our own thing and changed our solvent vendor in our guild hall to look as he did, same white robe, same human features, if you didn't know any better you would think it was him.

He maybe gone but he is not forgotten.
    Marton, Jhenna_BB and RPoo like this.