Enhanded Minion Added to Special AA Tab?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vento, May 25, 2020.

1. nemotech Lorekeeper

as a Mage... Nope. does not interest me nor does it seem like its an issue. I am well aware of the EM i have equipped. its on me, and i am good with that.
  2. Lumenace Journeyman

Terrible idea OP, what would DP put on their crappy gear then?
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I veto this idea just think of this idea on FV. Although ancient cloak of flames people would buy have all there char's click then resell.

Andarriel
  4. Fian Augur

I am fine with the idea. While trading around an attunable Raid focus EM earring would happen, I don't see that as the end of the world. Current expansion does not have an attunable raid focus, so raiders would still have the best pets in the game.
  5. Yendar Augur

How much does having EM 28 verse EM23 actually help? Seems like one of the most overrated items in the game. A whole bunch of bad/mediocre players think it’s going to make them significantly better when in reality the group pet can tank 95% of the content and that other 5% the raid pet has trouble with too. The DPS increase is always nice, especially for a min maxer, but it’s pretty small & if you are playing your class properly isn’t going to make a significant difference either. It’s not like giving a whole bunch of group geared mages raid pets is going to unbalance the class at all.

That being said.. I think most melee toons are in the same boat. They use their old raid arms and legs for additional dps at a cost of better stats on the newer gear. I’d like to click Cleave and have it be permanent too. So I could use something with better stats and not lose DPS.

Casters generally have to use older armor more.. because they don’t get very much advantages from stat increases, but rely mostly on focus effects to improve their class.

I’d like to be able to click a raid focus on my mage alt, but I’d never consider paying anywhere near the price it costs (& I’d rather have the 20-30 krono) than the slightly upgraded pet(s).
  6. Smederick New Member

I totally disagree with your "cannot due to code" argument. The EM item you get from the first cauldron is a click buff. While I see the concern about the possible abuse of unattuning, how about make the EM items a non perma clicky buff, say with like 2hr buff unlimited re-clicks. that would be a compromise and it is doable based on that EM item that i mentioned earlier.
  7. Jeraldo Rivera New Member

I am in favor of this, and think it's a good idea. All you people complaining that you can click a piece of gear and give it back are forgetting one big thing! Are you going to trust some random player on your server with your chase loot with hopes that they give it back after they click it? You better get some good collateral for it first. You can't contact a gm about it, since they will just ask did you give it to them? Ok then too bad. If you flame them in /general they can just change their name. It's OK to do with your friends, but no one is going to be dumb enough(i hope) to offer out clicks of chase loot for plat or a small amount of krono. Add it to the AA tab. All classes have class specific AA. This will not be a game changer by any means, and will open up some new loot possibilities.
  8. Yendar Augur

That chase loot wouldn’t be worth so much when it’s a clickable buff that many people already have. Therefore trusting them wouldn’t be as scary... therefore more people would then get the click. I mean people do trust their friends.. which mean all those people won’t need an ear and can sell it after clicking and allowing their friends too.
  9. Password1234 Augur

I'm still not sure what problem is being solved by turning focus effects into click AAs.
  10. Yendar Augur

You can wear different armor with more preferred stats and not lose your focus.
  11. Password1234 Augur

Is there a problem with new items coming out with better stats that have inferior foci?
  12. Yendar Augur

For people that want their cake and to eat it too, I guess.