Feedback- Overseer Please remove the 10 quest limit.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mazame, May 25, 2020.

1. Bobokin Augur

Completing only 12h quests and turning them in promptly should result in never having a 10/10 to worry about, but guess what? Yep, 10/10 and a nine hour wait.

DBG needs to stop adding things when they are not tested properly. I don't like paying to be a beta tester for any feature - especially a feature that just the game.
    Gyurika Godofwar and enclee like this.
  2. enclee Augur

100% Overseer is still in beta, but they’re taking people’s money for it. Overseer is trash, remove all the cash options until you figure this thing out.
    lockjaws and Velisaris_MS like this.
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

What makes it worse, is the lost quest bug is still happening (honestly, seems even more common now in the small sample since the patch), and when you end up with 6/5 or 7/5 completed, when you claim them, now you are at 6/10 or 7/10 completed quests.
  4. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

You can definitely still do 10x 6 hour quests. If I start 5x 6 hour quests and the quests rotate before they finish, I start the new rotation with 5/10 completed. I then start another 5x 6 hour quests, those also finish in the same rotation for 10/10 completed. The 3rd set of 5x 6 hour quests won't finish until a new rotation starts, which starts the cycle all over again. So you can still do all 6 hour quests, even if you start them in the middle of a rotation.

Now the bugs of people not getting their quest counter reset and the issue of the 3 hour recovery tasks is a different problem. The quest counter not resetting is definitely a bug, I personally haven't seen it happen yet but I don't doubt others have. The 3 hour recover tasks might of just been an oversight that they didn't think about. With recruits taking a minimum of 12 hours, if you're doing one of those every cycle you should still be able to fit a 3 hour recovery task in along with your normal quests if you want.

I don't think they'll completely remove the quest limit but raising it to say 15 quests per 12 hours would be a good compromise imo.
  5. Voktar Journeyman

You are still limited to 6h/12h rotation quests. The number of quest are limited also. So you are not gaining infinite experience per day. This method takes a lot of time and money too.

Prior the limit i was clearing all the collection & mercenary quests every 24 hours, This helped me to catch up and gain about 40 Merc AAs and a few collection quests, expending real ca$h. Now i only complete 5 each day, only collection quests.

I complete 5 for the prior day, and 5 for the current, thats kite lame.

They dont seems to care about making money at all.
  6. GoneFission Augur

This afternoon, I finished quests about 30 minutes ahead of a rotation. All 3 accounts were at 10/10 so they could drop during the rotation.

This evening, after all the 6 hour quests were completed, one account was at 8/10, another at 10/10 still, and the third was at 0/10, but only had 3 of the 5 quests still active.

I don’t think anyone knows how Overseer really works. They really screwed up the capping system, though.
  7. Zamiam Augur

how do you figure you can complete 10 6 hour quests in a 12 hour time frame ? the last 5 of those quests would at least some of them would run over to the next rotation .. there is no way for you to get 10/10 complete IF you start exactly within a 12 hour rotation .. ive tried it ..

granted the next rotation you would be able to, because the 2nd rotation of that 1st 12 hour rotation would end past the 12 hour reset so the 3rd 6hour set of quests would get done in the 2nd 12 hour rotation making your quests for that 2nd 12 hour rotation 10/10 ..

but if you started the day out at 0/10 that first set of 6 hour quests would finish at 6:01 , 6:02 etc .. and by time you selected the 2nd set of 6 hour quests which takes most normal peeps at least 30 seconds if not a min or 2 .. to select the quests and the agents that go along with those quests which in turn means the timer would be 6:04 or 6:05 before you have selected all 5 quests so those 2nd 5 quests would end AFTER the 1st 12 hour rotation resets the quest counter .. by the time you collect your reward for those 2nd set of 5 quests the timer would of reset itself ..
  8. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

That's basically what I said. Yes, the initial first 5 quests will only get you to 5/10 but after that you can run 20x 6 hour quests in a 24 hour period. Every other 12 hour rotation will be 10/10 after the first one if you constantly do them.
    Zamiam likes this.
  9. Dwimmerlaike Elder

I am now glad for the 10 quest limit. I was actually ready to start paying with Station Cash to get a couple toons leveled up but now I can't. Thanks for saving me money! :)
    lockjaws likes this.
  10. Thunderkiks Augur

It wouldn't be bad if it actually worked though I really don't understand the reason behind it.

What is terrible is that its not working properly. The people that are following their rules are being punished because it doesnt either reset from the last cycle or it just plain says 10/10 even though you didnt do any.

I'm trying to really pay attention to find things we can tell them so they can find the bug but it's so odd.

Best to just remove it. What's the harm if someone wants to pay to end their quests early. Its their money.

Tonight I had a character that was coming up on time to collect the reward. I was doing hunter in a pickzone and it collapsed. When I got to the static zone I opened overseer to collect rewards only to find it saying 10/10 when just a few years minutes earlier it was 0/10 because it rolled over recently.
  11. Thunderkiks Augur

Now 2 more, was in Velks and zoned into guild hall. Before I zoned was 0/10 complete, once in guild hall 10/10 complete and they cant claim their rewards. I didn't finish any quests and now stuck until rollover. 3 of 6 accts had this happen tonight now, and a 4th acct had it go to 5/5 which was fine as she could still finish hers.
  12. Bobokin Augur

I understand that the 10 quest limit was to cut down on some of the pay to win aspects of it, which in my opinion is a good thing. In fact, it should have been done from the start, but note that those payers still do Elite Quests when people who did this every day normally, without the cash shop, are far behind.

I actually like Overseer. I like being able to get a few collections or experience when I don't have the time to find a group or play often. I dislike that this was rolled out with so many bugs, and I find it hard to understand why the staff at DBG did not foresee some of the pay to win aspects of this before it was launched. In gaming, assume that if something can be done that it will be done. That is the nature of the beast, and after 21 years, the devs for Everquest should know the beast pretty well by now.
  13. Jumbur Improved Familiar

If they wanted to remove the pay-to-win aspect they could just have removed the "finish now" button and the "recover now" button. rather than messing with a quest-limit
    Im betting all those weird syncing problems overseer has, is because it has some functions tied to the dbc-marketplace server(or a faulty time-server?).
    A pure client-side minigame with no pay-to-win functionality would never have those problems...when was the last time you had lag in /gems...:p
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  14. Natal Augur

Current content items are not given out because the idea is that you actually play the game for current content items.
  15. Antasirras New Member

Have to laugh when they give out free exp and people complain it's not fast enough. Good God.
  16. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

im sure heroics will get a level boost with the next level incrase because theres a 30 level gap to get xp with someone in group right?

Andarriel