WHY?!!!!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ubor, May 27, 2020.

1. Ubor New Member

Why would DB release any new servers when they cant keep the ones they have up and running correctly on a consistent basis?

I know, I know ... the answer is money, but seriously.

Upgrade your system so that we can go a week or two on all the existing servers without them going down, and then ... and only then consider starting new ones.

Maybe merge some of the lower pop ones so that your system can handle things?

I dont know ... just fix it.
  2. Neuro Elder

WoW Classic's launch was similarly fubared.
    minimind likes this.
  3. Ubor New Member

But regular WoW servers rarely crash ... because Blizzard spends the money to keep them upgraded. Simple economics, you have to spend money to make money.
  4. Polpet Elder

That's EQ Baby! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  5. dc.hawkeyegold Lorekeeper

What shade of red is fuba red?
    Herf likes this.
  6. Raisehell Lorekeeper

its not the servers that crashed. its DBG. literally all their games went down from tlp launch
  7. Nolrog Augur

Not sure if they do it anymore, but WoW servers were rebooted once a week to clear out memory leaks.
  8. Ubor New Member

Exactly ... its the main system they run everything off of that is clearly dated.

Commodore 64 called and wants to race ...
    Herf likes this.
  9. Koada New Member

Letting Aradune down once again … rip
    Superhuge likes this.
  10. MaestroM Augur

They used to do it on Tuesdays too. Which is why everyone in WoW raids on Tuesdays. Unless its one of the weeks where they brought the servers up at like 11pm. Then you raided on Wednesday.
  11. kit74 Lorekeeper

True, but wow classic case it was because millions tired to log on ...
    dontbanmebro likes this.
  12. minimind The Village Idiot

Some things are very hard to do. Hard things aren't made easy without multiple repetitions/practice.