Aradune Auctions

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tacc, May 25, 2020.

1. Tacc Journeyman

Announcing Aradune Auctions discord server/bot! With tlpauctions being permanently out of commission I figured folks would be looking for an alternative. I started out working on this as a side project a few days ago I was just going to share with a couple friends but decided to release it to the public. This server comes with a custom made discord bot that pulls auctions live from CL and posts it all in a discord channel that's easily searchable from any computer/smartphone. This bot also has custom commands you can use to add specific items to a "watch list" that will alert you via discord PM when items on your watch list appear in CL auctions. I have several ideas for additional features I will be implementing as I get time going forward.

As of right now the bot is pulling auction data live from P99 Green server for testing/demo purposes until Aradune launches at which point it will be swapped over. Feel free to jump in and check it out! Be sure to check the welcome channel for a brief explanation of the available commands. Also don't hesitate to contact me in discord if you have suggestions or notice any issues. Invite link: https://discord.com/invite/ZHr4Cuz

[Edit: Updated Link]
    Deadshade, Nolrog, Chuuk and 9 others like this.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

What a champ.
  3. Jmitch Lorekeeper

cool concept, hopefully the spam isn't too much for discord to handle
  4. MattThePhat New Member

Amazing work my dude
  5. Tacc Journeyman

I'm not worried about the spam of the feed of auctions coming in. It's setup to post auctions in chunks every x amount of seconds so I can just adjust the timings if necessary to not overload discord. The only slight concern I have is if this blows up to have hundreds of users and people use the watch list alerts heavily I'm not sure if discord API will freak out or not if the bot starts spamming tons of people at once with alerts when items pop up. I have a few ideas on how I could rework that system if it becomes an issue. Time will tell!

Thank you! I hope people get good use out of it :)
  6. vaenivo New Member

Thank you for sharing this!
  7. TheDohn Augur

Deeply appreciated.
  8. TheChosenOne Augur

You're the hero Norrath needs, but not the hero we deserve
  9. Datura New Member

You sir, are a gentleman ! :cool:
  10. Delphwind Augur

You win the EQ internet today.

THANKS!!
  11. Tucoh Augur

12. MMOer Augur

What happened to TLP Auctions? Was a great site.
  13. Febb Augur

Go to the website, it will tell you why.
  14. MMOer Augur

Thanks.

Shame, I really appreciate them sites over the years.
  15. Tacc Journeyman

Just a quick update: The bot will be active pending server stability as soon as I can get logged in. The discord server has already grown to over 300 users and I couldn't be happier that I was able to create and provide something so many people are eager to use. Thanks for all the support and I'll see you guys on Aradune shortly!
  16. MMOer Augur

Yeah thanks for doing this... but you are now committed. You better keep that bot up and logging auctions or else. :eek:
  17. lokithor36608 New Member

18. Mecerian New Member

Any chance we could get a new invite link?
  19. Hythos Augur

Also, is there a direct in-Discord server-name? OR, is the only way to add it via browser URL.
    AND!
    Many thanks!
  20. lokithor36608 New Member

you can actually copy and paste the link into discord. dont have to click on it