"reverse damage shield" mitigation

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Szilent, May 27, 2020.

1. Szilent Augur

Possibly just unintended consequence, possibly rises to the level of bug, perhaps y'all can verify?

It appears that the SPA 467 Decrease Damage Shield Taken effect (most notably on Illusion Benefit Greater Jann , also a heroic mod derived from hStr) reduce the amount healed by cle/pal "reverse DS" debuffs.

The SPA 305 Decrease Offhand Damage Shield Taken effect (which is part of Ambidexterity AA for all Dual Wielding classes) appears to negate the healing completely for off-hand strikes.
    Tucoh likes this.
  2. Aelen Augur

I don’t think I find that same thing.

I think I agree that ambidexterity's SPA 305 disables offhand healing, but didn’t make a test explicit for that. Since I found that bash/kick type stuff was generating healing based on the mainhand weapon’s delay rather than its own, I’m not confident that it’s not just ignoring offhand by default.

I found that the healing from reverse damage shields is normalized around the listed value being done over 10 seconds of autoattacking assuming no haste/double/triple/flurry/riposte/misses.

Rather, trunc(SPA59 * (WeaponDelay/100)) gives the amount you heal per hit landed.

So it’s way weaker than the listed value, and the description is quite wrong because of that, but I don’t think damage shield mitigation from heroic mods or the Jann illusion are doing anything to it.

…so there’s some kind of exception for positive values of SPA59? Or am I losing my mind and just don’t remember regular damage shields being normalized like that when hitting them in the past.
  3. Szilent Augur

ah, hm. yeah, same w/ or w/o Jann. the numbers were so close to adding up, but that was just a coincidence since I used the older spell to check.

129 with 35dly
    133 with 36dly
    88 with 24dly
    85 with 23dly

would take something like 80 delay to realize the 370 healing per hit that the debuff description lists

wow that's bad