crash or what?

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by shadowknightfever, May 26, 2020.

1. shadowknightfever New Member

so my characters are either crashing or camping themselves out? i look away and bam the game is gone...
    Maxpsych, Diani, Drathese and 19 others like this.
  2. minimind The Village Idiot

I have a guildie who is experiencing client crashes when his character(s) go AFK.
  3. Dept. of Labor New Member

This has been going on since the last patch. Every single day my accounts get force closed. It's happening to many guildmates & I see people in /gen talking about the same issue.
    DEVS CAN WE GET THIS FIXED??
    Maxpsych, WeezFv and Elyee like this.
  4. Elyee Lorekeeper

This has happened consistently on both of my accounts, where I'll have logged in, and I ALT+Tab to the other character, and while I'm running one character, the other EQ window DISAPPEARS / CRASHES??

Please fix this! This never happened before and it's happening a lot now.
    Dept. of Labor likes this.
  5. Febb Augur

It should be saving a crash dump to your hard drive. The crash should be logged in the dbg.txt file in the logs directory as well.
    minimind likes this.
  6. code-zero Augur

This seems to be happening a LOT more if I have more than 2 characters logged on.
    Elyee and minimind like this.
  7. ojier Lorekeeper

Happening to me, one of my three toons will suddenly disappear - this has been happening since last patch. I am not happy about this - I suspect too much time and effort goes into nerfs and meaningless changes to a game over twenty years old. I would rather that time was spent on fixing game glitches like this.
    Elyee likes this.
  8. Dept. of Labor New Member

This is STILL ongoing. Can a DEV update here and let us know what the status is on the fix PLEASE?
    Elyee likes this.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I thought it was me! Same thing - usually have 3 running and one just disappears. Hasn't happened while fighting but mostly in guild lobby or hall. No error, no log out screen, nothing - just gone.

Thought I was losing it with old age.
    Elyee likes this.
  10. jeskola pheerie

Aradune code test gone awry?
  11. Metanis Bad Company

I have this happen daily since the last patch. Most frequently when zoning or camping to change characters.
    Elyee likes this.
  12. Barton The Mischievous

I seriously hope this is not true, but who knows
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Just happened again. Was hanging out in the lobby - went to "drop the kids off at the pool" and when I came back 2 out of 3 of my accounts were logged off. No camp screen, no black screen, no error message. Just gone. When I log back on there is no message that I still have a character online so its not hanging at all.
    minimind and Elyee like this.
  14. Criton New Member

Happening all the time for me as well on all my accounts.
  15. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

my accounts just got you been disconnected out of the blue haven't been able to log back on since. kinda weird this happens when the two new tlp become live.

Andarriel
  16. Pwedge New Member

aradune came to us with a virus. 14 day lockdown.
  17. Elyee Lorekeeper

aND AGAIN!
  18. Elyee Lorekeeper

and crashed again .. and again
  19. Elyee Lorekeeper

It is almost everytime! I log in both of my accounts for the session, and switch (ALT+TAB) to the other, AND THEN one of them crashes without notice and the whole EQ disappears for that account ... The toon is still in the world and game, and I have to go back in and kick it ... PLEASE FIX THIS ALREADY!!
  20. Aanuvane Augur

I was actively browsing Blacksmith Gerta in PoK when my character froze and then just completely closed.

As I am logging back in, I am getting the "you have a character logged in" error message.
    lockjaws and Elyee like this.