Rank Epic 1.0's in Order of Difficulty

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TLP Addict, May 26, 2020.

1. crag79 Augur

Even having to do the whole thing it is easy. Maybe moves it to #5 at most.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

Like the 1.0 quests, some of the 1.5 pre-quests are ridiculously easy and others are harder. It's as if they gave the classes with easy 1.0s hard prequests and 1.5 (which later become 2.0s). My advice to anyone thinking about doing epic 1.5 is to look up the 1.0 epic quest and the 1.5 pre-quests and see which you think is easier.
  3. Stratka Lorekeeper

Whoooops! And with two rough camps in Kunark, I'd rank it as moderate difficulty. Thankfully they do spawn in picks.
  4. Crabman Augur

ahh not the quest the weapon. thanks for the reply!
  5. merkmerk73 Journeyman

Bard epic was such a back in the day

I remember having a dream I got a white dragonscale only to wake up and not have it
  6. Donroy Elder

I've done the rogue epic numerous times and find it to be by far the easiest. The "hard" parts can be short-cutted if you're lucky (Quill off General, Kedge Robe in Kithicor, SMR off Yendar). Heck, even the JDD/Parchments can be given to you since they're tradeable.

I did the shaman epic years ago the easy way and more recently, the long way. It's not hard, but terribly annoying. The Test of Patience is named that for a reason....

Magician epic was a bear - even in era. Mostly due to Quillmane. Someone above mentioned just buying the cloak off a farmer who knows what they're doing. Every TLP seems to have a bard or two maximizing profits off that through Kunark at least.

Enchanter epic was a peach out of era... in era, not so much for all of the reasons mentioned.
  7. Xeris Augur

I did mage epic in era and it was insanely easy... I barely played on Mangler and raised like once per month and still easily got every piece I needed. The stupid giant in Karana was the most annoying part... Plus Quillmane. Otherwise it was incredibly easy.

Cleric epic is also super easy, just 2 annoying camps
  8. Arclyte Augur

Is wizard epic even worth doing? broken golem seems like its too annoying to bother with
  9. Ayoheee Augur

1) Zerker
    2) Rogue
    3) Paladin
    4) Cleric
    5) Shaman
    6) Monk
    7) Druid
    8) Ranger
    9) Warrior
    10) Magician
    11) Beastlord
    12) Necromancer
    13) Bard
    14) Wizard
    15) Shadowknight
    16) Enchanter
  10. Ayoheee Augur

Pretty awesome for 2 xpacs, 3 if you have mana robe.

EDIT: Also the wiz 1.5 prequest is way more annoying than broken golem.
  11. Kiaro Augur

1. Rogue
    2. Shaman
    3. Cleric
    4. Druid
    5. Monk
    6. Necro
    7. Ranger
    8. Bard
    9. Magician
    10. Warrior
    11. Paladin
    12. Wizard
    13. Shadow Knight
    14. Enchanter
    Rogue - if you get lucky, you can skip 90% of the "questing" in it.
    Shaman - while they did patch it, there is still very little that can't be solo'd at 60, with the longest camp literally being sitting at the bottom of the ocean by yourself as a script runs.
    Cleric - while there are 2 contested spawns, they're easily soloable by your mid 40s (I just did both on mangler at 45 on my box clr)
    Druid - hardest part is finding VSR up.
    Monk has a long camp, but it can be skipped by killing a somewhat tough mob (tough for kunark era)
    Necro - its not rare but getting a raid to go back into sky can be a pain, the herb can be a 1 hour camp or a 3 day camp.
    Ranger - SEoC is still fairly rare.
    Bard - Trakanon is no joke in era
    Magician - Quillmane is a PITA to get the kill on, highly contested, also requires something from drake isle in sky.
    Warrior - Requires 4 raid bosses
    Paladin - Everything for this epic can be done pre kunark, however, the bottleneck is Lich of Miragul, which is on an INSANELY long respawn timer still, but can spawn in picks, and during classic, picks of Everfrost spawn on a regular basis, after classic, its going to be tough to get your Fiery Avenger (hint, if you're going to play a paladin, start it early, get your FA while you can)
    Wizard - OW only on broken golem, hard to get done, because you have to clear at least a little of OW Fear, and have folks on hand to do the fight, not easy during kunark.
    Shadow Knight - Lots of contested turn ins here, serves you right for having the only epic that looks better than a warriors.
    Enchanter - 3 multiple day respawn kill targets in zones with crazy high pick counts.
  12. Nicorus Elder

SEOC is easy in classic, it isn't super common but way more common than slime blood and classic ranger isn't as common a class as classic necro. If Aradune really does have good policing on boxes then that is a concern for necros since boxers were a big source of slime bloods on mangler.

A ranger who raids in classic will have no trouble going into kunark needing just VS to finish up. I have done both and think ranger is easier than druid for a raider, druid you have some fairly annoying camps like corrupteds to do where groups don't often go.

None of them are really that bad anymore.. the worst being SK and Enc but those are two of the least useful epics so if you don't get them it isn't the end of the world. Bard might be the toughest in that you really need it to be a good bard for the next few xpacs and it has some contested mobs.
  13. Paine New Member

No he doesn't, i just did SK epic
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

He was definitely fixed. Maybe he respawns shortly after turn-in rather than staying up. What server was this on?