Well? Are you guys ready for some new TLP action??

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by urbanbo70, May 26, 2020.

1. urbanbo70 Elder

For me, this is the best time of the server. I enjoy being able to find groups easily with everyone on equal ground. I could care less about server firsts or thinking about when the next expansion will open. The infancy of the server is really what captures true EQ.
  2. Protagonist Tank

You're starting on equal levels, not equal footing. If servers started on equal footing, the nostalgiabaiters that come back for the first month of each server wouldn't always wind up with 7 alts, none of which make it past level 40 or so before they burn out and leave again.
  3. Zanarnar Augur

I agree I love the era. If only my class was available, I could actually enjoy it too. ALAS I'll have to wait and see what the server looks like circa luclin. If its as big a boxy mess as Mangler was then ... meh. If the GM's are actually visible and keeping things in check.. then ya I'll be excited too. Just not as much since I love raiding SoV, but never get to in-era.
  4. Graethos Journeyman

remind me
    Are there translocators or boats?
    Are there soulbinders?
    Do we get tradeskill windows or is it oldschool?
  5. Tucoh Augur

I'm ready. Let's go check in on the current state of EQ's servers and their readiness for the TLP launch

[IMG]

uhoh
    jeskola and TheChosenOne like this.
  6. urbanbo70 Elder

LOL, yes sir! Lets do this!
  7. ZeeK Elder

Yes translocators and soulbinders are in. Yes to Tradeskill window.
    Graethos likes this.
  8. Arclyte Augur

9. Graethos Journeyman

thanks man I been on p99 and just getting used to the complete lack of qol
  10. Creedmonk Augur

He was trolling.
  11. Graethos Journeyman

was he?
  12. KrayolaKrayons New Member

Excited about launch, even though I'll not be logging in until Thursday morning. Hopeful my decision to only play one character during my weird play schedule won't be too disastrous lol.
  13. Mrjon3s Augur

Depends on the character. If you pick a tank/cleric/enc you should be fine. If you are dps it might be disastrous.
  14. TheChosenOne Augur

They replaced the boats with translocators because the boats were apparently very buggy

There are soul binders in every major city, you can find them with Control-F

cant really answer the tradeskill question, i have very little experience in that area on TLPs
  15. Ishbu Augur

Im usually an old, back in my day, get off my lawn type of person with regards to QOL of changes, but the tradeskill window is the only thing that makes tradeskilling tolerable. I can still feel my wrist ache when thinking of leveling up brewing back in the original days.
    Machen likes this.
  16. KrayolaKrayons New Member

Well good thing is if you hit a plateau where your selected class just kinda kills slowly, hit up the tradeskills during those levels. I equate it to AA farming, everything you do makes your character better.
  17. enclee Augur

100% the servers crash and the login server.
  18. Minpire Augur

Most likely, but maybe! with the server merges that happened, a tiny bit more bandwith is ready for use , but after the past 4 launches..... LOL :p
    enclee likes this.
  19. Lejaun Augur

I'm ready !!!

[IMG]
  20. Machen New Member

How does additional server hardware equate to more bandwidth?