Enhanded Minion Added to Special AA Tab?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vento, May 25, 2020.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Most of your examples are either AA that have been in the game for over a decade or quality of life changes to prevent people from having to click gear frequently. In the case of an EM focus which most people will be wearing full time there is not a large benefit to having it as an AA and allowing a few to equip an item with slightly better stats.
    Yinla and Skuz like this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You have some inaccuracies there.

Shaman & Cleric epic 2.0 items for example have both a clicky effect & a focus, all focii require the item to be equipped.

Necro 2.0 is the only one that the class feels compelled to always keep equipped as it boosts their dot damage while the shm & clr 2.0 focii reduce aggro & those classes don't rely on it anyway.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

As an added point, most of the epics focus effects no longer work past level 95.
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Cicelee Augur

I am just wondering what kind of earring you are looking to wear that would replace a pet focus earring, assuming you get your way with an EM AA (which for the record I am 100% against and 99.99999999% sure it either cannot (due to code) or will not happen). Generally the pet earrings have the stats the pet classes are looking for, and if you have a raid pet earring then those stats are going to be better than a group earring. And if that is not the case, then the group earring probably has an equal to or better EM on it anyway.

I would think casting RS would nullify this type of request anyways. In the other click AA like KOTP or Might of Stone, those benefit strictly the player and improves the player in some way. Because of swarm pets and code, not sure it would even work...
  5. hiolpe Journeyman

Paying 2 krono to click summoner’s ice encrusted earring PST. Will hand back after I un-attune it.

Getting a raid level pet focus should not be that easy.

No.
    Sokki and Goburs like this.
  6. Redsumm Journeyman

A solution in search of a problem. No.
    AAs to resolve buff slot issues is one thing (thanks for that).
    AAs for gear focus is unnecessary.
  7. Vento New Member

How do you feel then about the ancient cloak of flames? Did you click it on any of your characters? If you did, then report yourself to a dev right now to have it removed. Have you clicked ANY EoK Rare item for the effect then unattuned it at some point to resell or give back to someone? If so, do the same. Also, if you don't like the idea then don't mention the krono to buy, click, then unattuned items as DBG/DP might actually like that idea, as it increases revenue for THEM.

These arguments are extremely ridiculous for a request that would add a slight convenience. I wear my RoS EMXXV raid earring all of the time, regardless if ToV group one has better stats (which it does). It's not a major deal, I just find that these forums FIND arguments for a not so unreasonable request. The game is done in regards to difficulty, it's not the same as previously stated. Gear choices are done, they're all pre-made. It's a pre-fixed menu at a restaurant now for the majority of players on EQ.

In regards to Epic Focus effects AND clicks I have been a staunch advocate for YEARS that:
    1.) The Focus should be applied to Epic Request Ornaments (any level caps be removed) - I think this is very doable and not out of line to ask for either.
    2.) Certain clicks that have level caps should be un-capped (BST/MAG epic click for instance limits level of stun effect)

Red, if you saw they added gear focus effects (which they will never do) to the special tab and under Items, what would you do? Would you protest? Would you come on here and complain? I'm also not asking for focus effects to be added. Remove EM focus & tiny companion, (so the "code" won't get confused) turn it into a clickable buff, ranks added to special tab in AA. What exactly is the harm in this?

I feel like I'm the enemy on here. For the request of a feature that will get NO consideration anyway, and add only a very minor improvement. What is the push back for? There is 0 slippery slope, read my previous replies if you don't believe it. It's such a minor change, who even cares? Decent ideas go to waste on these forums, not only my ideas either.

Anyway, I can't waste anymore of my breath. Go to town on this thread folks. -V
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

How much of a stats hit are you actually talking about? Seems that the boost from the focus would be better in the long run for all your pets/swarm pets.
  9. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Oh no.
    How scandalous.
    How overpowered.
  10. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

So, if you had your pet focus as an AA ability how would you handle group gear VS raid gear? Would you unlock a higher level of AA's when you achieve your raid flags? How would you handle this on the FV server, where you can buy the raid focus earring? This becomes a slippery slope where nightmares are born. Or would everybody get the same focus AA just by grinding? So a raider and the never leave FM junkie gets the same focus? Yup, sounds good. o_O

Someone brought switching your better focus EM for a earring with better stats. Now that's just silly. Your RS pet is affected by the focus. Wouldn't you want a higher level RS pet? When you off tank with your RS pet, it makes a world of difference, not to mention the better DPS with the higher EM equipped.

As for handing your shiny raid EM piece to a complete stranger for a 100K so they can cast a high level pet? LOL, nope.
  11. Xyphen Maximum Augur

It's kind of shocking how many EQ veterans don't get it. This + de-attuners is the reason.

I would only have to buy 1 EM raid focus earring for all of my characters if the focus was a passive effect (which is what I did for the overhaste necklace). Regardless of the earring being the best stats, most people probably can't afford hundreds of Krono to get one for all of their alts.

Also, it would mean the same for haste. Wherein everyone would just go to anguish to get a Girdle of the Fleet (46%) for the best haste in the game forever.
  12. hiolpe Journeyman

I don't see how bringing ancient cloak of flames into this argument is relevant. It gives what, 9% more overhaste than droppable necklaces? So you go from 208% haste to 217% haste. Doing some math that's roughly (217 - 208) / 208 * 100 = 4.3% more auto attack dps. That's not the same as going from EM XXII (T3 ToV ear) to EM XXVII (ice encrusted).

I'm sorry I just wouldn't be in favor of seeing widespread raid-level pets. I don't have a problem with strong pets, but let the droppable raid focus remain rare and not something all your boxes and friends can click to get strong pets. I get what you're saying in how it would be a nice QoL improvement to not switch earrings or worry about wearing an EM earring, but I think we would see a looot more EM XVII pets, cheapening the value of the ice encrusted item. If you're ok with cheapening the value, that's a valid but completely separate discussion.
  13. hiolpe Journeyman

To add, if de-attuners didn't exist then I would have no problem with a passive EM aa.
  14. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

So because some items have it, means you should follow suit for the rest? No thanks. That logic is beyond flawed.
  15. Celephane Augur

Aren't all the AA things available to all classes? EM only affects 3, it's also not clickable
  16. Vumad Cape Wearer

I didn't read all of this.

Attainable chase loot with raid level focus exist and so do de-attuners so this will never happen.

But that aside,

Wearing expansion old armor to maintain a raid focus is something that we have had to deal with forever. I am all for positive improvements but making these focus passive is not one of them. We are forever presented with tradeoffs, like the brains-brawns augments. You have to make a choice. If it has been so long since you have raided that group armor has passed up the stats on your raid armor, then you have to decide between the focus and the armor. That is part of the game play. You have to make those choices.
  17. Cicelee Augur

I think you quoted the wrong post, because everything you talk about is nowhere near what I talked about :)
  18. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think trade-skill trophies and the bone-fishing rod are contenders for an AA Item-click effect, just to have the skill mod as a passive ability, rather than have to swap trophy effects/primary when crafting.

You would off course need to obtain the Items and click them first. :)

Not a big deal, if it is too difficult to code though.
    Sokki likes this.
  19. Tucoh Augur

If they do anything to enhanded minion, it should be to stop making enhanced minion focus effects and make pets that aren't enhanced by what's out there now. Way too much dev work to create a copy of every pet for every new level of enhanced minion.

I'd wager that if enhanced minion was dead-ended along with mage dicho/dissident being totally rehauled in a way that makes it differentiate raid geared vs group-geared players as much as EM does now, it'd be a much better option for mages and wouldn't require Ngreth to make what, 6*30 new mobs or whatever every time we get a level increase or 6*20 new mobs every time we get a new EM level (I'm guessing only Ngreth knows those exact numbers).

Beastlords and necros can eat dirt. Beastlords have the uber dissident and necros are getting their DoT rehauls.
  20. Xyphen Maximum Augur

Yes, sorry. I had your post quoted in a previous un-related response and it got tagged in this one.