Let's reset Sleepers Tomb on Agnarr.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by modsiw, May 26, 2020.

1. Donroy Elder

+1
    I've never had a chance to play pre-awoken ST.
  2. Gantis New Member

Fantastic idea this would be really awesome!
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

Yea put that baby back to sleep I'd log in for a GDKP to wake that sucker back up!
  4. RandomStrategy Augur

As a one time member of those who did wake up Kerafyrm (I assisted in the push, not the waking), unless there was some super secret code language I wasn't picking up on (and I' sure *some* members were enjoying it as a troll), as far as I ever heard feom upper management at the time, it was intended to prevent certain people from buying themselves new cars with that loot.

If you think I'm trolling now, no SoDs dropped for that waking run (I believe another coalition raid force got in and did get an SoD and a Gnome mask out), the waking loot (the kind people wanted) was two Lungis, one of which went to a Warrior (Hannah, if I remember right), and the other a Bard.

I supported it at the time, maybe some would dislike me for that, and that's fine, I understand.

Now, after the RMT seekers are long gone, it would be fitting to re-enable old ST to allow people who want it.

I hate RMTs. The guild would even kick people who RMT'ed in era loot (do we consider selling in game for Krono RMT or only selling the krono or items for real money RMT? I'd honestly like to hear opinions) (and trust me, we cycled through a bunch of warriors who were buttheads).

Anyway, that's my two cents from one who made everyone so mad.
  5. sumnayin Augur

Saying as most characters on Agnarr are probably almost full Time geared...I can imagine a group would have no problem setting off the alarm clock within 2 hours.
  6. RandomStrategy Augur

New twist by devs:

Only open world sleeper is available....but now the entire zone is PvP....do we end up with a new version of Asheron's Call and the Protectors of Harold?
  7. Lifegiver New Member

I support this idea. The theme of Agnarr is "eternally dwelling in the golden age of EQ". There's nothing that more fully encapsulates that golden age than the Sleeper.

A possible middle ground would be to just have it so that AoC instances will default back to the pre-awakening version of Sleeper's Tomb. Thus, people who wanted to access that version would still be able to. Also, make it so that if the Sleeper were awakened within this instance, he wouldn't go rampaging around overworld zones. The full Sleeper script wouldn't run; it would just be an instance of the tomb before he's awakened, without the actual ability to awaken him again. So, for example, even if you killed all the warders, Kerafyrm would not spawn; that would just be the end of the instance until the next time you ran it.
    TheChosenOne likes this.