Upgrades to enchanters for next expansion

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Fian, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

This is so unwittingly funny it hurts
    RPoo, enclee and kizant like this.
  2. Astral64 Augur

[IMG]
    kizant likes this.
  3. menown Augur

What data/references do you have that say charisma does anything
    kizant likes this.
  4. Marton Augur

This is funny.
    kizant and RPoo like this.
  5. Szilent Augur

It's a classic!

kizant and RPoo like this.
  6. Vumad Cape Wearer

Buff bots? Absolute non-sense. Take your negativity elsewhere.

Buff bot output would be absolutely negligible to a haste/C unity. Buff bots are not hurting for spell gems. I want it because I am frequently rebuffing deaths during raids. It takes 2 spell slots to rebuff a dead knight rather than 1. The new kael mechanics require at least 5 deaths on a flawless performance and like 20 for the ACH. A lot of rebuffing happens on raids, and a unity would have the same affect as adding another spell gem without taking the slot.

The same is true of NET. It is a waste of a spell gem but it's not a waste of a spell. It is a spell good enough for us to use, but we don't because it wastes a spell gem. If it were an AA, you'd see it used a lot more, as it should be. And what a negative attitude about an it not being a benefit for us. You think the SHM are arguing against improvements to their talisman lines because they don't melee? NET is parsing up to 5k DPS per person. Let a group version land on melee and pets and you can see some meaningful improvements in our aDPS numbers. We are an aDPS class. Making other people do more damage is a benefit to us.

So, while you do have a few valid points, your basis for NET and Unity is ridiculous. Your buff bot argument is particularly offensive and completely unfounded.
  7. Lockdown Elder

Yes, let's all take pride as we convince ourselves that we're so much more "mentally stable" than that mean old Lockdown, who's just "lashing out!" Good luck with telling yourselves how much better you are than me.. Seeing that your sense of self-worth depends upon comparing yourself favorably to others, I don't have much hope that it will be availing for you.

But hey, you do you.
  8. Tucoh Augur

If you dumped Adorning Grace and a bunch of CHA gear on a level 11 enchanter and showed that it reduces charm breaks vs no gear you'd be a legend and make all of us look like absolute fools. It wouldn't even be that hard, the gear is trivial to get and a merc will let you coattail ride to 11 ez.
  9. Szilent Augur

at level 11, going from 80 or whatever starting Cha is to 200-some will totally be effective. That's not in question. Going from 3300 in the current expansion to 3500 in the next will not matter, as it hasn't mattered going from 350 up to the current 3300
    Barton likes this.
  10. enclee Augur

No, the effect is not going to be noticed. When, they redid the mob resists and spell stuff it effectively made charisma pointless. The only place, where anyone would stack charisma is P99.
  11. Vumad Cape Wearer

I cast Speed of Cekenar 19 times and Sagacity 20 times during raids tonight. That is just rebuffing the dead during the events. 8 of those were just banner deaths from the avatar of war alone.

The claim that unity would only benefit buff bots really irritates me.
    RPoo and Lockdown like this.
  12. Genusii Journeyman

I just went through this tonight. I, too, refreshed Cekenar 5 times and Sagacity 3 times at that banner.

Vumad, I do appreciate your post. I do understand that NET group would benefit the group and raid. However, your shaman argument infuriates me. Shaman still dps and did not lose any healing. They also have punts and better mana regen.

And the buff-bot comment. You can be infuriated. I hope my analogy has infuriated you as much as our game situation has infuriated me. On raids, we are adps. We buff a lot! We were a class whose group game differed greatly from our raid game. I am afraid the difference is the narrowest it has been.

Everything in this thread has merit. Calling me negative is merited. Everyone's upgrades would make playing easier and are merited.

I appreciate everyone's honesty and input. Vumad, Enlcee, Kizant, Szilent, Lockdown, all of you.

Thanks!
  13. Lockdown Elder

I think combining the Cekenar (presumably the haste) and Sagacity (presumably the mana regen/intelligence and wisdom/and mana pool buff) would be nice.

By the way, I did follow the link to the Charisma thread. I didn't see any "red name." Perhaps it was on a link in that thread and not the thread itself.

One thing I did notice was that, according the discussion in that thread, the upper limit to the benefit of Charisma is never reached. Like AC, it has a softcap, after which it experiences a much smaller return. But if that discussion was correct, charisma gains never become irrelevant.
  14. Yendar Augur

You can be a troll on a horse. All adventurer illusions can be used with a mount. Illusions where there are no models of them using mounts are unable to be cast.
  15. Lockdown Elder

Regarding a group version of NET that's MGBable, I have reservations. The whole point of it being single cast only is so that you can't give it to everyone. If you suddenly gain the ability to cast it on an entire raid, expect it to be nerfed to the ground.

As I've said before, there is nothing to be gained by casting NET on healers or casters. So, if they ask you for it, say "No, you don't need it. I have to maintain it on the melees plus the other stuff I do for this raid. I don't have time to maintain it on non-melees."

I'd rather have a powerful melee buff that benefits melees only over a lackluster melee buff that everyone gets including those who are completely ineffectual as melees.
  16. Szilent Augur

Refusing to cast a buff on those it's most effective for would be a truly bizarre position to take. If that doesn't match your level 66 soloer intuition for whatever reason, perhaps wait to opine on level 103 buffs popular with performance-oriented raiders until you've joined their ranks.
  17. Marton Augur

Awkward thing to say imo.

Similar to what my caster group hears frequently, 'you don't need Mana Replication Aura, Deviser's Aura is better for ya ...
  18. Lockdown Elder

I will never join the ranks of raiders for any reason. If someone from another guild asked me to help on one raid because they need the Enchanter buffs, I would help them out. But I've tried raiding guilds in the past, where you play for three to five hours a night, three to seven days a week. And frankly, I'd rather eat broken glass. It's the least enjoyable thing I've ever done. On the contrary, it's tedious beyond words. All I can think of when I raid is how many other things I'd rather be doing than chasing a group around and maintaining buffs, for several hours at a time. I prefer to keep my play sessions short and frequent. I might log on several times a day, with a goal, whether it's to build up a tradeskill, improve a faction, do a Franklin Teek daily, earn a certain number of AAs, accomplish something for my epic (which I've completed several weeks ago).

Am I not understanding what NET is? I had thought it was simply a more powerful version of Night's Dark Terror, which procs off melee strikes and nothing else. Does this proc also affect spells? If not, it's next to useless on a caster or priest, since neither will be good or even decent when it comes to melee.
  19. Vumad Cape Wearer

No one has suggested NET be MGB'able. Not all group spells can be mass group buffed. It was suggested to make it a group spell, like dissident, or an AA like out slow so it doesn't take a spell gem.

It's a team effort. Being able to make your group stronger benefits you.

But if a stronger group doesn't appeal to you, you can cast it on your animation and charm pet, so it does benefit your directly.

I have to admit I don't understand your counter argument about shaman.

The best I can gather here is that it sounds like if we have to cast 1 spell to rebuff instead of 2 then we are cutting into our purpose on raids, or something?
  20. Maym_Cazic Journeyman

My wishlist:

1) I'd like the 10% debuff from Deceiving Constriction moved to Constraining Coil and the DC line ended.

2) Group NET

3) MGBable +Spell Dmg (Think Manastorm) that stacks with Mana Rep ; long CD. I'd also settle for a quick cast manastorm.

4) Unity spell shield

5) I'd like either our spell caster aDPS to be further increased relative to current (more stacks of rep/higher damage rep/better chance to trigger re+re-re+re-re-re) ; or our melee aDPS to be tuned up a bit. I feel like we have lost ground to Bards in this aspect.

6) Knockback removed from Poly line, maybe decrease the cast time. Needs strong incentives; else just remove it.

7) Mobs mana pools increased to allow for at least one full strength mana drain /dmg. Rpoo - you alluded to this in an earlier post - send me a PM, I've been trying to systematically parse this versus all ToV group mobs and haven't found any sweet spots yet.

8) Could fall into point 5, but I'd like a casting speed or CD reduction buff.

9) Better mana return from Mind coil.

10) Less Shiny Bob Buffs, more Charm pet incentives

11) Make Mana Rep / Fort /Rune Auras not last 12 seconds or whatever godawful time they are now. Make it an AA that costs a billion, I don't care.

That's off the top of my head.