Rank Epic 1.0's in Order of Difficulty

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TLP Addict, May 26, 2020.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

Bard epic is a necessity for any serious bard. You're not even guaranteed a song blade in pop since it's not super common.

I agree otherwise that most epics aren't epic anymore. Some are broke like the druid one. Dot revamp was great but its ruined unique clickie dots that didn't get similarly boosted.
  2. Valanie Lorekeeper

Monk is pretty easy. Everything is one-groupable and most monks will have their robe prior to kunark release. Also, it is definitely a must-have in kunark, as it makes you a dps god.
  3. Ishbu Augur

The class itself has to be taken into account for this. Yes there are a lot of pieces to acquire for the mage epic, but the mage themselves can get most of them. Hate staffs drop like candy now and there is always a crew cycling quillmane. Just go solo hill giants for 2 hours and buy the cloak.

As far as the Kunark mage epic quest items, the mage can solo up to Neh Ashir, call of hero, and duo that for the torch. Then its just the mundane camp of burning embers, which is easy, just isolate the spawn and kill it every like 67 seconds.

Really the only troublesome parts are the Phinny staff due to scarcity and the crown off the 7th isle of sky because most people hate sky and dont exactly want to head to island 7 just to farm some trash. Fortunately the crown can also be traded/bought easily with a little bit of mage farming time.

I would say mage is an average epic to quest as the mage themselves can do most of it and it wont even require a raid to complete if you dont want to.

Havent played a rogue myself, but Shaman has to be in the running for easiest epic. I decided it one day in Kunark and 12 hours later I had completed the spear. Childs tears rot in fear all the time so that was easy enough to procure and then only had to get some help for Rak Ashir. Did all the rest just with my mage box.
  4. Valanie Lorekeeper

shaman isn't as easy anymore. you now have to do the whole quest.
  5. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

In other words it's more time consuming and harder then every epic besides SK and Enchanter. Glad we can agree.
  6. Sturn Augur

Rogue epic is harder than people think because it requires you to level a rogue to 50+.
    Ayoheee and Bobbybick like this.
  7. Arclyte Augur

[IMG]
  8. Warlain Lorekeeper

The real question should be which epics are even worth doing, especially since most will be worthless within the next expansion or two. They are fun but totally not worth the -hattery especially if you have done them multiple times.

They are worth coming back to if you ever make it to the 2.0s just to make that a bit less annoying.

Its a real shame they refuse to fix these bottlenecks and let people enjoy the epics that are good for the 3-6 months they will be worth anything. Most are better off skipped and save yourself the stress
  9. Ishbu Augur

We dont agree at all. I dont equate spending a little bit of time playing a game I choose to spend my free time playing as difficult or hard in any way shape or form. I would find requiring a raid of other people to get a piece that may or may not even drop and then share it with other players of the same class as a much more difficult task to accomplish than kill a grey level 20 mob in Najena.

If any mage struggles with the collection of these simple items they either need to spend more time leveling up or completely failed to learn how to play the class past /pet attack. If you arent a mage and are rating the difficulty of the mage epic, then nobody is talking about RMT process here.
  10. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Cool the Mage epic also requires you to obtain just as much or more of these then most other classes, but it also requires to spend 30+ hours farming group named and lower level content.
  11. TLP Addict Augur

Swiftwind is BiS offhand for a long time, even in Luclin when it's a stat stick for Archery. Earthcaller is useful ghetto slow for a long time too.

Wizard epic click has 3 mana per tick regen that stacks with everything except Bst crack.

Mage epic is best pet for 3 expacs, which is a bit longer than 3 weeks.

Bard epic is useful until PoP.

Rogue epic requires end game Velious daggers to be replaced.

Even the knight epics don't really get upgraded until Velious raid 2handers drop.
  12. martanio New Member

Just my opinion. I will only do epics that I have done. So I haven't done Bard/Wiz/Pal/SK/Sham(Post nerf)
    This is also how hard I found it to do the quests.

Easy
    Rogue - I think Cazic Quill was the hardest part.
    Beastlord - I had help with the final fight, and completed in Luclin.
    Cleric - The two hardest parts of this quests was the constant trips to OoT, and the final fight.
    Beserker - Very easy, but someone gave me some of the pieces.
    Druid - Very easy
    Ranger - Very easy

Medium
    Enchanter - I certainly did not do this one in era. By the time I got this one it was no longer contested content. I think I did it in OoW for Enchanter.
    Warrior - It wasn't too hard. I honestly don't remember having much trouble.
    Monk - I have done it twice. I have always quested all the items, otherwise this would be ranked easy. Some of the camps can suck it.

Hard
    Mage Epic - I hate quillmane with a passion. There are soo many items to get.
    Necromancer - The bottle neck for me has always been the Cloak of Spiroc feathers.
  13. Ishbu Augur

This is flat out false. If it took YOU that long, thats a you problem, but its time to learn the world is much larger than just yourself
  14. Sturn Augur

Too obvious?
  15. Crabman Augur

how is druid epic broken? i see people on mangler with it so by broken you cant mean that it cant be done...?
  16. SoandsoForumUser Augur

He means the clicky dot effect on it didn't get boosted in the dot revamp. I can spend ~8 seconds casting a dot that does less than my dots did at like level 15.
    Crabman likes this.
  17. Stratka Lorekeeper

My list and it assumes you're in a decent raiding guild doing all AoC content.

Easy
    Rogue
    Shaman
    Druid
    Ranger
    Paladin - Spawn a pick in Everfrost to make that part easy.
    Necro - All classic drops happen during normal raids.
    Warrior - There is only one item (Monocle) to get outside of normal raiding and it's easy to farm.
    Bard - Only one camp (Eldrig) and easy to find camp spawn with high-sun. The bottleneck is that most guilds only get 1 Trak a week.

Moderate
    Cleric - The most annoying camps can be done in classic. Farming shards can be long depending on RNG but normally your guild helps you. The changes to /pick can make farming Royals harder.
    Magician - Lots of items but almost all can be farmed in classic so plenty of time to get them before Kunark. 2-3 KR for the Quillmane cloak is well worth it. Only moderately hard camp in Kunark is Neh'Ashiir and she spawns in picks.

Difficult
    Shadow Knight - Still a ton of bottlenecks.
    Wizard - Broken Golem in OW only. Expect spam turn-ins due to loot lock.

Impressively Difficult
    Enchanter - Vessel, Verina Tomb, and Wraith are all OW only and highly contested.
    TLP Addict likes this.
  18. Valanie Lorekeeper

once again, many of you are forgetting monks. Monk epic is so far broken until pop. You could get no weapons in velious or luclin and still be near top of dps parse. It is definitely worth doing.

for those that don't know, it makes your fists 23/26
  19. Trevalon Augur

Necro can be deceivingly easy or hard. You could get super lucky and get a bunch of Slime Blood drops and Cloaks, or you could never see either and it gets really tough. Good news is the epic is just mediocre (Though the click is nice for a few longer fights in velious such as Vulak).
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

Good point. I've not done the bard 1.0. I do have the 2.0, though (Phinny).