Truebox and family in aradune

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Minto, May 26, 2020.

1. Minto New Member

If i box the linit of 2, and my brother does the same, are we still able to play in a party of 4, given all 4 will be on same ip add
  2. Minto New Member

Sry if this is discussed, but due to the size of my search results, there is more about never asking for clarification, sorry if i waste anyone's time
  3. auto21 Elder

That's fine. 1 char per PC and max 2 chars per person. IP isn't a problem.
    Essentially, you have your main and can box 1 alt with 2 PCs
  4. Tucoh Augur

Just play on Rizlona, bud. Nobody knows how the GM enforcement of this 2box policy will go, but everyone is expecting a circus.
    Barton and code-zero like this.
  5. Roleplay Here Journeyman

It's like this, if they don't enforce the box army bans, I will not play here. I'm sure others will do the same. So do whatever you want, if I see your box army I will report it.
  6. Tucoh Augur

I'm betting you're not alone in this. Will be a lot of Karens (not necessarily you in this group) reporting anyone with more than one person on /follow
  7. TheDohn Augur

I strongly suspect there will be several families all playing together, in groups of roughly 54-72, as that is the average size for an EQ player's household now.
    HoodenShuklak, sumnayin and code-zero like this.
  8. Neuro Elder

If you are truly two separate people it'll be fine. However, if you try and use the "brother" excuse to cover 4 boxing, you WILL get caught. It's very apparent when someone is playing all the same toons; they log on together, they are constantly moving together, etc. So please, if you're just wanting an excuse to box more toons, expect to get caught and banned. Don't come crying on the forums about how "unfair" it is, you'll get no sympathy.

If you and your brother are legit, there won't be a problem.
  9. MaestroM Augur

If you're really asking if you and your brother can play....

Yes you can. It is perfectly within the rules for you and your brother to each play 2 character (1 physical computer each) from the same household.

However, if you run around with 3 characters AFing 1 character all the time, and it generally looks like there's really only 1 active player and 3 boxes, you should not be surprised when you get a lot of attention from other players and, potentially, GMs.

If you are worried that what you have planned with your brother may run afoul of these rules, i would encourage you to play on Rizlona. Only you can answer that question for you. The DPG team have been deliberately tight lipped on how they will enforce the very clear rules they've set forth.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

That's how it would appear if a family were legitimately playing together, too.
    Tucoh likes this.
  11. Dooby dooby doo Elder

If your family is all logging on at the same time for 16 hours a day to camp freeti all day... Well I'm sorry but you're screwed.
  12. Crazzie Lorekeeper

I strongly suggest not /autofollowing with all 4
  13. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

This is funny, because my 3 friends follow on me almost all the time. They say it's because I'm a spaz, but really they are just lazy.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

My wife used to do the same. Left alone, she couldn't find her way from Kelethin to Steamfont. To be fair, we didn't have in-game maps back then.
  15. TheDohn Augur

My 5 brothers and I are going to autofollow you.
  16. Tucoh Augur

When my buddy learned about /follow he used it as much as possible and called me a rickshaw service.
  17. code-zero Augur

Since the last patch on live both me and my girlfriend have noticed that suddenly having more than 2 characters logged on results in one of them crashing to desktop. Since having 2 characters up seems to be no problem I'm thinking it has something to do with Aradune.
  18. MaestroM Augur

Weird. This hasn't been my experience.
  19. code-zero Augur

We are in different time zones and this has been happening, we usually box 2 or 3 characters then group but this is sort of killing 3 each. Sometimes it'll happen if only 2 are on but that's usually if one goes auto /afk
  20. MaestroM Augur

To be clear, you and your girlfriend do not live together, and instead live in separate time zones. Additionally, each of you are having trouble staying logged in to both 1 main and 1 boxed alt?

Weird.

Hope its just a local thing though!