Tuco's TLP Setup

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tucoh, May 20, 2020.

1. Machen New Member

From the Truebox FAQ:
    Doing any of the following on Phinigel may result in action being taken against your Daybreak Account:
    • Playing multiple characters at the same time from a single computer.
    • Using 3rd party software.
    • Any method to send one key press to multiple characters.
  2. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I just started laughing.
    It should read.

Doing any of the following on Phinigel may result in action being taken against your Daybreak Account if you don't buy bags or spend $.
    • Playing multiple characters at the same time from a single computer.
    • Using 3rd party software.
    • Any method to send one key press to multiple characters.
    TheChosenOne likes this.
  3. Minpire Augur

Spending $50 to $100 for entertainment isn't issue for many people........
  4. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Looks like you missed the point..... They'll never ban anyone who spends.
    Hence why I always spend. :oops:
  5. Minpire Augur

I have known 3 people 5-6 boxxing banned on mangler alone that had illusions , bags etc banned lol

But consideration thats a Petition ban, No real GMs, aradune will be little different when it comes to those who think they can box using macros across account @ first thinking its all the same as previous servers, atleast for 6 months

also " The point " is actually invalid considering they already payed for a sub.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

I'm not talking about network speed. I'm talking about manually mousing over to each PC. It's not an efficient way of boxing. Look up Synergy if you need to understand what it's for.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

LOL, I lose my mouse in the spam during fights, too. It's annoying.

I have one numpad but the rest I use regular keyboards. Numpad is a good way to go, though.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

I've been using Synergy on TLPs for five years. /shrug
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

Synergy doesn't. Not sure about Multiplicity.
  10. Minpire Augur

Just Remote Desktop?
    even doing what you described is EASY if you have just have to do 1 box.

so hard
    [IMG]
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

No remote desktop. Like I said, look up Synergy or Multiplicity.
  12. Minpire Augur

I found Syn and Multi to lag on LAN or have they been beefed up since past year and a half?

forget if they spin up a LAN server for better graphics handling
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

You are not listening. Synergy and Multiplicity have NOTHING to do with VMs or remote desktop. NOTHING. Go look up "software KVM". Actually, let me help: GOOGLE SOFTWARE KVM

Now if you want to talk remote desktops, I use Google Remote Desktop when I'm at work and want to check on something on my home PC. I don't use it for EQ, though because I have a TrueBox setup and it's easier just to use it as-is.
    TheChosenOne likes this.
  14. Minpire Augur

as/is OK
  15. CyryllisFenninRo Lorekeeper

Most boxed characters don't need much more than a numpad to play efficiently. You could also use something like a razer orbweaver for the character that requires less actions. Add a kvm switch if you desire the ability to type on the keyboard for your boxed char.
  16. urbanbo70 Elder

Holy crap dude, I loved you in Breaking Bad!
    Minpire likes this.
  17. Tucoh Augur

I'm ready for Aradune, brother! Got my remote desktop software KVM all set up to be a hardware emulation of a VM!

[IMG]
  18. TheChosenOne Augur

KVM software doesnt broadcast keys to multiple accounts, its simply a convenient way of using the same keyboard/mouse for 2 separate PCs. You can't control them at the same time, you have to setup a hotkey that switches between PC 1 and PC 2, so you would use 1 keyboard/mouse but you could switch between PC1 and PC2 to give commands, then switch back.

It doesn't allow you to just hit 1 button to send commands to both PCs
    Barton likes this.
  19. TheChosenOne Augur

I use multiplicity to multi-box, and don't ever plan on stopping. I have 2 computers, 2 keyboards, 2 mice.. but i prefer using 1 keyboard/mouse and just switching between PC1 and PC1 in terms of which one the keyboard/mouse are controlling

Still not breaking any rules, i have to give commands to each PC separately, there is no automation or key broadcasting

If people have an issue with that, too bad I guess haha.... DPG has never had an issue with it in the past and they arent going to start now
    Minpire likes this.
  20. Barton The Mischievous

Yup posted on one of the other pages in this thread I was confusing/misremembering/hallucinating/senile what KVM is with something else or just going more crazy not sure which.