Pet Peeves What's yours?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dyna, Jan 23, 2020.

1. enclee Augur

Earring of Rallos Zek, it combines all the things I hate tradeskills, collections, and hunter.
  2. Pawtato Augur

Bags being filled with Faded Snowbound or Faded Icebound armors without being able to consolidate full sets into a single item. It would save space and make it easier to sell.
    minimind likes this.
  3. svann Augur

The tank is 100% right. One of a tank's top priorities is positioning the mob and with pets interfering you are hurting the raid.
    edit: agreed with the rest of your post though.
    Koryu likes this.
  4. Sexy Troll New Member

Im also on NO MORE Lucklin. Luclin, like Lucy

How Know Brown Drow. Its not droe

Epics worthless, super awesome items that take an obscene amount of time to get obsolete an expansion later.

No updated fableds (those where fun)

Expansions now days are tiny.

Not enough Trolls and Ogre's. They are an endangered species

And I also 2nd to many gnomes
  5. Etha Journeyman

Yeah, I do agree with that, I should have explained more.

One person forgets to turn pet taunt off and its the end of the world, 10 people miss emotes and its business as usual.

Sometimes other things that can hurt the raid more are far less spoken about. So really it's more that that annoys me.
  6. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Or Luclin , could be related to lunar, but aside from that you are ignoring the "c" followed by the "l" . If it were spelled Lucin, or Luslin, then you would be correct. Please correct me if you can find any word spelled with "cl" , that does not have a kl blend .

some helpful links.
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...DGAR&ru=/videos/search?q=CL+Sound&FORM=VDMHRS

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...7B2584CB740EC2130D7A7B2584CB740EC&FORM=VDQVAP
    Mukkul, Thash, Skuz and 1 other person like this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Small correction, while I wasn't wrong about the kitchen cleaner branded Jif in the UK (now named Cif), in the USA where the developer CompuServe & creator Steve Wilhite were from there was a brand of Peanut-butter called Jif.

There is some debate about the soft G or hard G but the creator said it was a soft G just like Jif the peanut butter brand.

Interestingly enough, to begin with the makers of Jif agreed with Steve Wilhite in a since deleted tweet they too agreed it should be pronounced Jif, they later changed stances & initiated an ad campaign in conjunction with the GIPHY website that favoured the hard G for Gif, probably what happened there is they were initially happy to get some free publicity but then changed course once they decided they wanted to keep the brand name as a unique sound & remove the association with GIF.

Some have also pointed out that where a word has a single syllable the hard G is mostly used, this has merit the aforementioned Gift, along with Girl, Gill, Gird, Give.
    Gift really was a Norse word though.

End of the day Gif with a hard G has become the "common usage" way to pronounce it & that even overrides the pronunciation the person who coined the word originally used.
  8. Seor New Member

Just went back and saw I posted on this in 2014...but grey mobs summoning. The god power of summon makes no sense at some point...how about there be a 5% resistance per level above a mob to their summon power A LB can still summon you then but that stupid grey one shot dead idiot mob...no.
  9. Zamiam Augur

I have a few pet peevs ..

1 . when the servers crash or come down for emergency maintenance and when you log back in and your PET IS DEAD !!!

2. when there are server crashes and emergency maintenance that add up to more time than you get to play in a week ..

3. people giving thanks to those undeserving ..

Dont know about you (and you know who you are) but IF i do a crappy job at my place of employment I dont get a thanks I prolly would not even have a job after to long if i kept that kind of performance up.
    but you do you ..
  10. Piflet New Member

The RNG.

Us rangers get enough crap already with the ranger gating and the afk autofiring, from the wife, the boss, the neighbors dog, the mailman. My mom says she loves me but the Christmas card somehow is only addressed to the wife and the cat. I think Scornfire likes me but that's because I fronted him a krono. When he paid me back he said it was only partially a$$ pennies, so that's something, it wasn't the whole lump sum...

We need to change RNG to something like the Disorganized Interger Calculating Knowledge-base. I know that's a mouthful but we can shorten it to DIC..... Ok nevermind on that one but you get my point.

Either way, us Rangers are a fragile bunch and we don't need confusion about which RNG you all hate!
    Derka likes this.
  11. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

Ohhh... I thought pst was like psst... like they were trying to be funny and whispering a good deal... ^^!
  12. Emilari UI Designer

My pet peeve? Boogers hacking our game.
  13. Bobokin Augur

Pet peeve ... having to do the same thing again and again because the servers crashed and we got a roll back because the servers crashed and we got a rollback because the servers crashed and ....
  14. Whoops Augur

I don't mind people adding "pst" to the end of their sales pitch, but "please pst me!" makes me crazy. "Please please send tell me?" *incoherent mumbling*
  15. Xyphen Maximum Augur

What do you have against ATM machines?
  16. Wiff Elder

People that think "LOL" is a sound effect....LOLOLOLOLOLOL
  17. Celephane Augur

lawl
  18. Diani Augur

This is an old one, but once in a while it resurfaces :
    People sending me tells for KEI or similar buffs
  19. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Seeing nifty upgrades and nerfs that actually increase for some classes but not for others.
  20. Whulfgar Augur

A new 1 i just discovered..

TLP threads.. not posted in the TLP forums..

Taa daaa...
    Coagagin and Skuz like this.