Tuco's TLP Setup

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tucoh, May 20, 2020.

1. Minpire Augur

I might try the program your using if its all green lights, My internet kinda sucks is prob why i have issues with this remote desktop stuff LOL
  2. Minpire Augur

SO Remote Desktop is a GREEN LIGHT? :confused:

Would like to know before i start testing things out.
  3. Meredyth Augur

The thing that bothers me about set ups like this is when somebody uses all kind of 3rd party assist software then complains that the game is EZmode and then provides a list of things they think should be rebalanced.

I hope the devs take a look at this and then totally ignore all the posts in the other thread that wanted charm to be changed. It is 100x easier with computer assisted playing, notifications and visual spell timers ticking down.
  4. Tucoh Augur

If you've got a setup that makes 2boxing 100x easier than doing it without GINA or whatever, I'd like to see what you've built!

For me, I'd say that using GINA makes this about... 30% easier than using the ingame alerts. The most important one is mez or charm breaking which I'm actually thinking about switching to ingame alerts if I can't get the GINA lag to reduce any further with nologdelay.
  5. Pawtato Augur

Why would RDP not be ok?
  6. Pawtato Augur

I wouldn’t worry about audio triggers for Mez breaks, but definitely for mez resists.
    Tucoh likes this.
  7. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Shades of grey.
    I assume most people box like this anyhow.

But we all know that truebox is useless anyhow.
    Risiko likes this.
  8. Xeris Augur

I just got multiplicity and ... I was boxing much better with numpads and individual keyboards. It was more stressful, but you have better control.

I think for 2 boxing not a big deal tho... 2box is very easy to do effectively.
    Tucoh likes this.
  9. Wulfhere Augur

For standard persistent logging, to HDD and even SSD, you pretty much have to go with /loginterval 1 to reduce game lag. That means 1 second of buffered writes to disk and your triggers are 1 second behind, which doesn't hurt even in raids. Unbuffered writes interfere with game performance above a pretty low threshold of logging events.

If you want to insist on /loginterval 0, then you should install a ram disk and set your logs to there. If you care about the log for archival purposes, then you can configure the ram disk to save/load from disk upon a reboot. There is still the risk (log) data loss due to power failure or system crash.

The best of both worlds, smoothest game play, is /loginterval 1 to a ram disk.

The ram disk software I use is called ImDisk
    Tucoh likes this.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

Synergy/Multiplicity is really only used for downtime when loading spellsets, browsing inventory, etc. You shouldn't box fights with it. It's too slow.
  11. Minpire Augur

Depends on hardware and if your using LAN or not.

Still, YEARS of these posts, Assuming Remote Desktop is Allowed

Automation Macros not
  12. Tucoh Augur

Messed around with loginterval 0 today, seemed to work great while it was just me testing in Nektulos forest, what could go wrong?

I used to do the ramdisk thing (and also used ImDisk). I got it to increase load times which it really didn't from what I could tell (didn't time it). I think if I run into issues with loginterval 0 on my SSD I'll try it again. It was only a little annoying runnig it off of volatile memory.
  13. Xeris Augur

I'm still experimenting , but I think some combo of numpads and seamless mode is good. The biggest issue I have is:

- losing my mouse between screens, esp during fights
    - have to move mouse over to my other comp to start using it

It's a cleaner solution because you have 1 keyboard and mouse ... And I imagine that if you're like 10 boxing there's diminishing returns for using a bunch of numpads so multiplicity may be better.

I'm doing 5 box at most and I was working quite well before multiplicity. Still trying to determine if I still have more learning curve / optimizing , or if I should go back to multiple keyboards/numpads...
  14. Crazzie Lorekeeper

Everything suggested, pointed out in this thread can be done easy enough with a small laptop, 2nd monitor, small keyboard and a wireless mouse. Your just as fast. A numpad will work fine for macro casting.

Not sure why its such and issue on a 2 true box server to reduce power/heat in the household and reduce clutter on the desk. But my solution is easily done with small devices, tucked away.

I think the real issue here is everyone is trying to use 2 screens 1 computer to run 2 accounts on. Saves on space, and power consumption.

Unless the Devs start locking code down, and block certain 3rd party software there is no easy solution. It would be nice they posted a sticky of approved apps for TLP's and use AC engine to block those apps.

But its a 21 year old game
  15. Barton The Mischievous

But not on Truebox servers unless something has changed

iirc correctly they specifically commented on that in the Phini launch stuff that Any method to send one key press to multiple characters was not allowed on the server.

That may or may not have changed but I have not found any developer posts saying that it has been changed or that that rule was only specifically for Phini.

I could have missed such an announcement though. let me dig up the link to where they say that in the Truebox faq

https://www.everquest.com/news/true-box-progression-server-faq-phinigel

Q: What Things Are Not Allowed on This Server?
    A True Box Progression Server is a place where players are only allowed to play one EverQuest account at a time on their computer.
    Doing any of the following on Phinigel may result in action being taken against your Daybreak Account:
    • Playing multiple characters at the same time from a single computer.
    • Using 3rd party software.
    • Any method to send one key press to multiple characters.

Edit: I looked up the faq on coirnav and mangler and they both have the same line in them as well
  16. Sikkun Augur

People seem to be confused about Remote Desktop and a KVM being the same thing. KVM allows you to run a multiple computers from a single keyboard/mouse SEPARATELY. Unless your running stuff that also had key broadcasting, when your on Monitor 1 your keyboard works on box one, when you switch to monitor 2 your keyboard works on box 2. You are not sending keys to multiple characters at the same time.

But if you really want to KVMs exist a physical hardware devices that require no third party software to accomplish the same goal.
    TheChosenOne, Barton and Crazzie like this.
  17. Crazzie Lorekeeper

It still boils down to using a means to control the other computer because of clutter, excessive use of hardware etc.. I fully agree with you on confusion. Seems everyone is just trying to use the [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] limited functions to control the 2nd computer without all the hardware attached, and cluttering up the desk. Not sure who would want to use remote desktop for anyways. Other then to get clutter off the desk.
  18. Xeris Augur

KVM software doesn't let you send 1 keypress to multiple characters?
  19. Barton The Mischievous

Sorry my bad then I guess I was confusing KVM with something else. Let me see if I have got this straight. KVM lets you switch from one computer to another and use one mouse and one keyboard to do so.

Way back in the day there was a device you could plug into and send one keypress to multiple computers. Not sure why I can't remember what it is called nor why I have it confused with KVM hmmm getting older sucks
  20. Sikkun Augur

You can get way more expensive KVM’s (like APC Multi-Platform Analog KVM) that also have the ability to broadcast designed for server admins. But the cheap software mentioned here doesn’t allow you to do that.
    Barton likes this.