Upgrades to enchanters for next expansion

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Fian, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Lockdown Elder

Don't know who that is, and don't care. And if I wanted to troll you, I would pretend be Florencia.
  2. Lockdown Elder

Thank you. You just won my argument for me. At 67th level, despite having every single rank of Planar Power available to me, defiant gear and every AA maxed out that could possibly raise the cap for me, my CHA is capped at 325.

I have well over 800 AAs, and I would like to be able to be maxed out.

Finally, as that is from 2015, how do you even know it still applies, since the level cap has been raised since then?

Thank you for proving my point.
  3. enclee Augur

Do any of the real enchanters have any suggestions?
  4. Barton The Mischievous

Level up more?
    I have not seen any posts from Devs that anything has changed since that post in 2015 but feel free to do some research and see if it has or I guess you could go argue with niente about it /boggle
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

Significantly improve our HP crystal.

Make our mana crystal recover more mana than it takes to make it, but add a recast delay. I feel ENC have the best mana regen (which everyone gets from us for 3 hours anyway), but are a bit behind other caster classes in mana recovery.

Make NET casts an AA. Revamp the AA line so it lasts longer. The duration is just annoying. New NET.
    Make Visage(s) cast an AA. Revamp the AA line so it lasts longer. The duration is just annoying. New Visages.
    New alliance.

Split the Orator's unity line so I don't have a long cast for a 4-hour shield I don't need ebcause I have focus mixed with a 21 minute defensive. Just make it cast the defensive mez and cast much faster.

Make our MR and rune auras last a lot longer. Why do we have to recast them? Their duration is annoying, not challenging

Make our group melee MGBable. Not sure why it isn't.

Give us a spell guard unity ability. Balance it by making it an AA that is only cast-able out of combat.

Give us a haste/C unity. Single target and group spell castable in combat.

I have mixed feelings about our runes absorbing Direct Damage spells after TBL. TBL had so many AEs that I couldn't keep my runes up without just giving up all my group DPS. I have no solutions for this, but what happened in TBL undermined one of our primary defensive abilities.

I'd still like to see Illusion:Gender that stacks with adventurer illusions, or split the spells into male/female spells like the pirates, belikos, etc.

AA that lets us cast illusions on our pets. The new Zek illusion from TBL is particularly awesome.

Permanent illusion for our pets. I think my Kirin clicky wears off after a period of time.

Legendary ENC pet illusions. Classic Dire Charm models.

Oh, and raise the CHA cap. I need discounts at vendors.
    Tucoh and Lockdown like this.
  6. Vumad Cape Wearer

Melee runes that is. Crepuscular rune is the present spell in question.
  7. Lockdown Elder

I like a lot of these ideas, and I give you credit for bringing all this stuff to the table.

The irony of our mana regen spells is that they were once considered must-have. Now it feels like we're the class who's most dependent on our mana regen buffs. When I left the game, Clerics had just gotten a mana and hp heal, and they don't even notice our mana regen buffs any more. Ditto Wizards with the Harvest line.

I'd like to see the Gather Mana AA's reuse timer cut even shorter. (But of course, as a 67th level who only solos, I'm in a different game.)

Boon of the Garou, Trickster's Augmentation, and Night's Dark Terror were given their horrifically short durations and horrendous recast time precisely because the Devs didn't want us to give it to the entire group. At least not easily.

And evidently, they don't want the entire raid to be scarecrows either. I see no reason to give NET to non-melees. The most annoying aspect of grouping was the asinine requests, "Can I be a froggie?"

Sure, get a potion.

For those Enchanters complaining about our lack of a Unity spell, weren't we the first ones to get one? KEI combined (and improved upon) the mana regen of Clarity II, the increased mana pool of Gift of Magic, and the increased Intelligence and Wisdom of Enlightenment.

But yeah, if they want to create a mash-up of mana regen with haste, I wouldn't complain.

As for illusions, I'd rather see illusions that do stuff. They took away the DS of Fire Elemental, the SoW of Scaled Wolf, and the attack and str buffs of werewolf.

I want illusions that do cool stuff again, besides levitate.
  8. Genusii Journeyman

Enclee, I'm trying

1) Fix charm. Pet dps to npc dps ratio of 3:10.

2) AE target npc stun and AE target area stun on separate spell timers.

3) Give Dire Charm/Edict of Command same buffs as Deviser's Command.

4) Deviser's Unity on 5 second spell timer.

5) Allow Mind Coil to return mana cost minimum and twice the mana cost maximum per tick.

Group NET is not an enchanter improvement. Neither is combining haste and mana regen. Boxed enchanters want them because it speeds up the buff-bots' output.

I wish the OP topic was maintained throughout.
    Lockdown likes this.
  9. RPoo Augur

Casters Proc bigger booms with terror than melee. Bigger booms = more dps. It's good for everyone really.
    min/max proc on a melee (rog) 9.1/39.7k
    min/max proc on a hybrid (sk) 8.2/54.7k
    min/max proc on a priest (druid) 8.5/80.2k
    min/max proc on a caster (wiz) 8.5/87.8k
    Sancus and kizant like this.
  10. Lockdown Elder

What about a toggle that allows us to turn off the memory blur component of our mezzes? I know there are times when I would just as soon the blur not happen.

If it were possible, without depleting too much of our developer resources, I'd like that. Anyone else like that idea?
    Vumad likes this.
  11. Tucoh Augur

Parse it and get back to us. Should be very easy to prove.
    enclee likes this.
  12. enclee Augur

Use a mez that doesn’t have a blur component, different tools for different jobs.
    Vumad and RPoo like this.
  13. Tucoh Augur

[IMG]
    RPoo and kizant like this.
  14. kizant Augur

I suggested this in a bug report but I would like it if they changed how root works on Beguiler's Banishment Root. Right now, there's a bug? with root where if any root breaks on a mob then all the roots break and stop functioning. So, if you punt a mob and cast root on it right away you'll see two roots listed. But then when beguiler's root fades it breaks both roots.

I think if they just moved root to slot 2 instead of 12 on beguiler's root then we could at least overwrite beguiler's root before it fades. Normal root uses slot 2 and other abilities line vinelash work this way. So, I guess maybe they did it on purpose for enchanters? I don't know. Seems weird to me that this behavior is expected.
    Yendar and RPoo like this.
  15. kizant Augur

If the difference is so small that you can't parse it then you should stop worrying about it because it may as well not exist.
    RPoo likes this.
  16. enclee Augur

It’ll never get fixed. They broke it like a decade ago, when they gave Rangers their version of the punt spell.
  17. Tucoh Augur

Be careful not to read any posts by Beimeth about parsing, you might get frustrated, block him and inadvertently lose the ability to download gamparse.
    kizant likes this.
  18. RPoo Augur

!O_O! At this rate of blocks, my parse tells me that Lockdown's goal is to only talk to himself.
    kizant likes this.
  19. enclee Augur

He needs to stack his Charisma.
    Scornfire, Tucoh and RPoo like this.
  20. kizant Augur

I see. That makes me sad. :(