Bad taste in my mouth

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by sumnayin2, May 24, 2020.

1. Wtfagain Elder

Do you think they should provide everything for free? Servers, developers, GMs etc? How do you think they pay those people? This isn't WOW where they are making crazy money off monthly subs. Go away turd.
  2. Karanthal Augur

Not really sure what your point is. People will hit level 50 in 3-4 days regardless of XP bonus, they will still use potions either way to level even faster.
  3. Tucoh Augur

Agreed.
  4. Gremin Augur

Just play the game your way, stop trying to keep up with the jones'.
  5. Ishbu Augur

If you can remember back to March 2019 when Mangler came out, there was a huge anniversary bonus at launch. They probably have sales numbers to compare to Corinav/Phinny/Ragefire and see an uptick if there is no bonus. Heck after releasing in March, there was the anniversary bonus and the memorial day one in classic, then the 4th of July shortly into Kunark. Thats just way too much bonus exp for the first 2 expansions where most of the leveling time occurs, and probably lead to a quicker player base burnout rate
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I actually agree with them not releasing the TLP until after the Bonus XP ends.

Also, chew a mint.
  7. Arrk Augur

Really OP... conspiracy theory must drive your life.

First, DPG had to complete the server mergers prior to the server release. They estimated their time and still went over. Had they released the servers first... then done the server merges and been down for 40+ hours... people would have lost their minds..

Second, They don't really care when the server releases. Agnarr released before the Holiday weekend.. was up 2 days then got the XP bonus.

DPG will sell near the same number of XP pots... with or without the bonus...
    Nolrog likes this.
  8. breezycheeks New Member

I have no problem with potions.

However I am not a fan of bonus exp / rare spawn events when a fresh server or expansion is released.