Are ench/clr boxes prevalent on P99?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Traktur, May 24, 2020.

1. Traktur Elder

i've never played there and wonder if the OP is there too.
  2. Telora New Member

IIRC P99 doesn’t allow boxing, so no.
    Nolrog likes this.
  3. Trevalon Augur

What he said, you cant box on P99 and from what I hear they do at least mostly police that
  4. Alier Mystwalker New Member

You've obviously never played an Enc on a TLP. Absolutely no way you charm a red mob and "tear through stuff". You can charm yellow stuff and if charm breaks with a haste you will get wrecked no matter how good a healer you think you have. Trust me, I have died many times having a Velium Hunter that can backstab from the front.... dark blue at 60 and if you lose it while hasted, your group will likely die. Maybe stop hating on a class you have obviously never played.
    Graethos likes this.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

About that...

Server first enc on selo wore rags and never died to charm break...
    TheChosenOne likes this.
  6. Tacc Journeyman

It amazes me that people still have this notion that charm breaks are super dangerous. You basically have to be asleep to die to a broken charm. Even if its a top tier pet fully buffed with tola robe and conflag dagger. I've held Velium Hunter with full buffs and all those items for like 12 hour sessions multiple times and never died. Charm used to be balanced by risk/reward. Now it's just massively OP cause there's virtually no risk if you're decent at the game.
    TheChosenOne and Sokanist like this.
  7. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

It amazes me how people like yourself will run you mouths endlessly about this kinda stuff and none of you ever back it up it's crazy.
  8. Arugan Lorekeeper

Yikes dude. You sound like a pretty terrible enchanter based on what you described.

It is quite easy to charm a pet and tear through stuff for the first 4-5 expansions. Unless you are being lazy or have no skill, you will very rarely die.
    TheChosenOne likes this.
  9. auto21 Elder

P99 is effectively a different game and no boxing is allowed. Close the thread.
    Graethos and Skuz like this.
  10. Moforyguy Elder

I've only done Enchanter 2 times on TLP'S and for sure you can charm yellow and red all the way to 60. I did it without a healer for awhile but even that is doable. Enchanters are by far the best class in game. Honestly the mez game is fun enough to play enchanter so adding the charm to it just makes you always busy.
    TheChosenOne likes this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Shouldn't a discussion about P99 be on the P99 boards?

No idea really why it is being discussed here it isn't even the same game really.
    CokaSZ likes this.
  12. Moforyguy Elder

I am playing p99 atm and one of the big bummers I noticed on TLP is an Erudite has freakin night vision. It Looks like Dark Elf night vision from p99. On a tlp race advantages/disadvantages are almost gone it seems.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Dark Elves get Ultravision, Erudites definitely don't get that but I seem to recall that at some point the night vision was raised a bit for Barbarians, Erudites & Humans so that they could see a little bit better without vision boosting effects and not be almost completely night-blind.
  14. PVPme Augur

Enchanters dominate on p99 too. Takes a little bit more skill and setup but they're easily one of the best classes for grouping.
    Kutsuu likes this.
  15. PVPme Augur

On p99 you can give a charm pet a 2hand weapon and a torch and it'll destroy everything. Charm has been godly since forever. Sorry you guys seem to be so upset about how this game has worked since its release. Maybe try another game or play EverQuest at and past Omens of War?
  16. Balderdash Lorekeeper

You clearly didn’t read the original post before you went on your bragardly run about how leet you were on a raid one time. The topic is about a a cleric/Chanter duo not about an enchanter/raid duo or an Enchanter/great group duo. Having played an Enchanter for 20 plus years now I can attest how powerful an Enchanter can be in a raid or a full group but in a duo situation in classic there is way too much down time and death when you try to Charm and buff the highest level mob available. But it can be exciting for a while.
  17. RandomStrategy Augur

They do....you just have to know the right people and "have a wife/roommate, etc.". Much like many families of four to fifteen will be playing on Aradune from the same house.
  18. Sikkun Augur

You guys failed to get the post to 50 pages before a lock, but A for effort for trying again.
  19. Traktur Elder

So you're saying charming wasn't this strong back in the old days?
    now you can /thread
  20. Komodon Augur

Having spent plenty of time on the side/s of the fence that a lot of people on the outside liked to claim were getting "special treatment", that is mostly based on exaggerated world of mouth repeating more so then actual fact there. Usually always originating from somebody who did manage get an IP exemption, couldn't resist trying to sneak that opportunistic box in from time to time, and then catch a firm character ban that one time they finally get caught firsthand by a GM doing it.

Of course while then running to the boards to scream bloody murder denials and pointing accusatory fingers anywhere they can in the aftermath lol (which the people who *want* to believe such about the evil people "holding them down" then gobble up as fact).

So yeah, if the OP is looking to box enchanter/cleric it's here that you without question want to do it :)
  21. Kutsuu Augur

Having played for longer on P99 than I have on TLPs, I can say that chanters are very strong on P99. Charm pet DPS outscales melee player DPS by a wider margin at max level there. In sebilis for example you can count a charm pet with weapons & haste as being worth about 3 epic'd monks or rogues, add a 4th if you're also going to tola robe the pet. On TLP in the same kunark/velious era, an epic monk can hit in the same ballpark as a charm pet and you'll only replace two epic rogues worth of dps.

That said, on P99 charm breaks are more plentiful, resists are more plentiful, and it's harder to recover from mistakes. If you get seriously low on mana you end up having to drop or long term CC the pet while you med for a while, you can't just hop out of combat for 30s and be full mana in no time.