Bad taste in my mouth

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by sumnayin2, May 24, 2020.

1. sumnayin2 Augur

Starting the servers the day after the exp bonus ends.

I get the reasoning behind it but what leaves a bad taste in my mouth is knowing the servers could have been up weeks ago but they want to milk exp potions out of the all the people that are in a hurry to get 50 so they can be the first to accomplish things in a 20 year old game.
  2. Raisehell Lorekeeper

Its marketing. Its a huge opportunity for revenue, why would they throw that away?
  3. Mrjon3s Augur

I really don't mind. If they released it with the bonus I would probably be 40-50 by now bored.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

That's eq buddy!
    Tucoh likes this.
  5. Tuskapoli New Member

*offers a breath mint*
    Herf and Raludar like this.
  6. Minpire Augur

Doesn't even bother me 1 bit.
    There will be other events to

I bought 2 $20 Bundles (1 for each account)
    Then i bought $25 of DayBreak Cash for both of my accounts each

im just waitting for servers to drop now.

considering doing another $25 of DBC on both accounts xD

I think if i dumped it all on 25%s i would like 3-4 days Potion uptime? lol
  7. kamikazeheart Elder

XP bonus being active on a new progression server kind of defeats the purpose of going back and experiencing the old content. I’m not interested in blazing through the levels, so I’m happy they waited to launch after XP bonus ends.
    minimind, Raludar and Tucoh like this.
  8. Sturn Augur

XP is too fast as it is. Bonus XP just makes it worse.
    Balderdash, Sokanist and minimind like this.
  9. Tucoh Augur

tbh they should nerf exp to 25% on the first week of a TLP and each expansion, then to 50% the second week, 75% the third week and resume normal xp after that.

The idea of starting a TLP during a memorial day XP weekend is craaaazy. Why bother playing if you'll be max level in a few days?
    Skuz and Sokanist like this.
  10. sumnayin2 Augur

"I get the reasoning behind it." I don't see the point in asking me when I already said it.
  11. sumnayin2 Augur

No it isn't. EQ is grouping and leveling. EQ isn't intentionally starting a server after an exp bonus to ensure that you can maximize potion selling through RMT.
  12. Chopsuey Augur

It allows you to group and level longer. Actually doing you a favor.
    Forsaken and minimind like this.
  13. wildone Elder

if you lvl to fast you want have the plat to buy spells on most classes exept warriors rogues and monks.
    Bobbybick likes this.
  14. Wanax New Member

When is the next exp bonus? 4th July?
    Barton likes this.
  15. MattThePhat New Member

Yes, which will be good timing to affect alts but not too many mains.
  16. Nolrog Augur

Pretty sure the merges had to happen first, then they needed a little time to repurpose those machines for the new servers. So the argument that they could have been up weeks ago is not really correct.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Zansobar Augur

That is not the reason they are launching after the xp bonus ends. You do realize many people would still buy the xp potions even if there was a bonus right? It's not like the xp potion doesn't stack with a server xp bonus.
  18. Balderdash Lorekeeper

You can beat the system by simply not buying any exp potions. They are not forcing you to spend any extra money at all. You are aware of that, are you not?
  19. Protagonist Tank

The exact same people who will buy xp pots for this launch would have bought them if the bonus xp covered the launch too, and absolutely nobody has to buy them to level quickly. XP is obscenely fast and Classic is brainlessly simple.

Quit farming discontent.
  20. TheChosenOne Augur

not everyone plays 10+ hours a day to be able to max out in a few days... people need to have some perspective when they say what is/isn't good for the game, in terms of how much time they actually have to invest in said game vs what would be considered normal/average gaming time