Super Lag on Povar

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ninelder, May 24, 2020.

1. Ninelder Augur

As should be expected, your patch to "stabilize servers" has had the opposite effect. The Kael Raid is currently unplayable. Every time the red-con giants spawn the entire zone locks up. Others on server were complaining about unplayable lag spikes as well. So it could be just a coincidence that we got lag spikes when red giants spawn, or our raid was lagging out the entire server.
  2. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Laggy servers for sure.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

And laggy internet as well. Chicken and the egg argument perhaps.
  4. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

We managed to pull a win out of the lagfest that was Kael 1. But maaaaaan.
  5. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Do Sleepers! Do Sleepers!

Sleepers is da bomb with ultra lag!
  6. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

Here's a short clip from our raids today (Cazic Thule server ~4:20pm PDT):

ToV 3 event lagged so badly, the boss warped around the room. We didn't get a warning on the DT emote. At the end of the video, you can see the zone catch up and send everyone messages, where we get a ton of spam, including the DT warning, shortly after which the AE DT goes off and we die.
    Sancus, Nniki, Goburs and 1 other person like this.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

On FV super laggy took me like a mintute to get a adventure and to enter it took another min I thought I was gonna get d/c hope I don't get d/c then servers are down. Feels like walking on egg shells right now.

Andarriel

ps edit took me like 3 mintutes to enter a adventure :(
    Shaantara likes this.
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Bertoxx was also laggy. Some people had their EQ client lock up as well. Chat channels were also laggy but I've basically come to expect that most of the time.
  9. GNOME_POWER Augur

10. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

We locked up on ToFS3 for like 5 minutes, no exaggeration. Came to and there was only about 10 people alive out of 54. Getting ridiculous...

Stop oversleeping, Dreamweaver.
  11. Chopin.Xegony Augur

Lag was very very bad on Cazic during our raids as well.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  12. minimind The Village Idiot

Playing tonight on Luclin in ToV's version of Kael. Normal group camping named around 4:40pm Pacific and wham HUGE lag spikes for everyone in group (players in CA, PA, CT, and WV). Cleared up for the most part by 6pm, but had a couple more smaller ones before 7pm.
  13. Vumad Cape Wearer

When 1 person lags, that's internet. When everyone in the group experiences a spike at the same time for the same duration, that is server side. There has been several instances today of server side delays.
  14. Kroh Journeyman

There were some bad lag spikes on Bristlebane earlier as well.
  15. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

Still currently happening. On and off, over and over.
  16. Galliana Elder

My main problem tonight was /pick didn't work. I'd select a zone and never get zoned.
  17. minimind The Village Idiot

Big lag spikes again on Luclin right now. 1:14pm Pacific. Like 20 seconds long.
  18. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Please "Like" the first post in this thread in Bug Reports - More lag Daybreak. - in order to move it up on the Darkpaw priority list.
    minimind and Jhenna_BB like this.
  19. Nadisia Augur

Huge lag spikes on Vox too.
    It was already pretty bad, but it's getting worse, and now it's really bad.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Please like the original post!

Last night & tonight on Phinigel lots of players having very slow zoning times, autofollow being all but broken & mercs running off like headless chickens.

Couple of groups wiping to low level mobs due to lagspikes.

Hopefully the datacentre can get on top of this quickly because playing with lag like this just plain sucks.
    minimind likes this.