Upgrades to enchanters for next expansion

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Fian, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Ninelder Augur

Stare has a target limit of 5. Wave has a target limit of 4. 5 is more than 4. You probably don't like it because of the extra click it requires to free target. That's the only advantage wave has over stare, and if you box, and don't pull with the enchanter it makes sense to use wave instead of stare.

You were supposed to be the first one to agro them using your instant(at that time) bite of tashani AA. The rest of the raid ignored them while you let them repeatedly bounce harmlessly off of you..

RPoo answered this for you:

[/quote]
  2. Verily Tjark Augur

Wave doesn't have a limit that I'm aware of... if it does, it's definitely not 4!
    Scornfire likes this.
  3. Ninelder Augur

I had to double check to see if we had anything else you might be mistakenly calling wave, its always been 4, how do you not know about target limit caps?
    Verily Tjark likes this.
  4. Verily Tjark Augur

Man, I don't know. Maybe I'm just stupid.
    RPoo likes this.
  5. RPoo Augur

When in doubt, play around with your spells
    Scornfire likes this.
  6. Verily Tjark Augur

<removed>

Edit: I'll be deleting this soon, because it violates my rules about posting Enchanter abilities on these forums. Luckily I think the Devs are busy with server crashes still.

I posted a screenshot, but I try to limit my posting about abilities on here especially in visual format. I fear the nerf bat. Anyway, check out Neutralizing Wave.
  7. Lockdown Elder

Sorry to have to intrude again, and I know it violates my promise to stop posting here, but I've been trying to follow this discussion, and I've checked the spells and AAs, but I can't find it.

What is NET, please? I keep seeing people talking about it, but I can't find what it means.
  8. Szilent Augur

Night's Endless Terror, adds a base 5k dmg lifesap proc to melee for 15 minutes. Single target only with like 40s recast delay :(
    Kimbella, RPoo and Lockdown like this.
  9. Lockdown Elder

Thank you. So, it's something along the lines of Boon of the Garou and Night's Dark Terror (and Trickster's Augmentation, although that is more of a tanking version as it generates hate). Assuming that Permanent Illusion doesn't extend the duration, I'm guessing the intent, like the other combat innate illusions, is with its short duration and long recast time (which means dedicated spell gem), is to only allow a few to be able to have this at a time.
    Well, good luck getting us a group version that can be MGBed. Remembering how Boon of the Garou and Trickster's Augmentation, and how persistent demands for this would give me headaches (especially if one wanted to be a werewolf and the tank wanted the imp, which is how I accidentally discovered that Trickster's and Boon stacked), I hold out no hope that they want the entire raid having these lifetaps. But it's worth a try.
    If you don't shoot for the moon, you'll never know what could be yours.
    RPoo likes this.
  10. Lannin Elder

The guild I'm in does a Pvp guild event once a year in the arena , its fun and keeps your skills sharp as well as testing spells maybe you wouldn't use in raids.

Charming imo is pretty dead at this point , it just not worth the hassle for the return , I don't see this ever getting adjusted again to the point that it is worth while.

I think a group version of NET is a must fix / have for enchanters, don't make it MGBable , I'll buff by group.

I'm pretty sure the devs pretty much just look at our class every expac to find something to " adjust " no matter what anyone posts. I can see them talking at the water cooler before every expac launch of what they can "adjust" for enchanters , rubbing there hands together giggling.
    RPoo likes this.
  11. Lockdown Elder

What about an AA that raises the level cap of our Charisma like Innate Enlightenment raises the cap of our Intelligence and Wisdom beyond Planar Power? Accessible to classes that charm, like Bards, Enchanters, Necromancers and Druids. (If it's not too weird to think of a Necromancer as charismatic. "I animate dead bodies. Aren't I charming?")

A tank-version of NET, like Trickster's Augmentation, something that will not disable the Ogre's innate Slam ability.
  12. enclee Augur

Why?
  13. Lockdown Elder

Because higher charisma reduces charm breaks.
  14. enclee Augur

No.
  15. Lockdown Elder

Then I'm afraid you don't know nearly as much about being an Enchanter as you think you do.
    Charisma has always affected charms, since the inception of the game.
    I'm sorry to hear that you never learned that.
  16. enclee Augur

Right, even though they changed that over 15 years ago. I don’t got the exact date, but it’s been forever. I don’t know how people keep recommending charisma to influence charm duration.

Do you need someone to provide you an up to date enchanter guide?
  17. Lockdown Elder

Time for blockland for you. I don't need or want to engage someone who doesn't know the mechanics of the game and is consequently working against our class.

Bye.
    enclee likes this.
  18. enclee Augur

Thank Quellious.
    Scornfire, Tucoh and RPoo like this.
  19. kizant Augur

Charisma may have a very tiny effect but it maxes out around 200 like a lot of old stats for random things. Adding more is pointless.
    RPoo, Barton, Lannin and 1 other person like this.
  20. Barton The Mischievous

Might want to have a look at this especially the bold parts. This is from 2015.

Reference:
    Scroll down to the Red Name on page 1
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/importance-of-charisma.220085
    RPoo likes this.