Heads up for those purchasing bags for the new TLP's

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vicus, May 24, 2020.

1. Vicus Augur

Multiple attempts to purchase the bags via a credit card (two separate ones) is not working. It is saying invalid card. But purchasing with Paypal (same card) works fine. If you are waiting to the last minute to buy the bags I figured I would post to help you find a workable solution. I posted in the correct forum but I doubt they jump right on it over the holiday weekend.

Just sad that even when everything is up and running, there is always something wrong. Doing a big sale and launching two TLP's with a flawed purchasing system just starting to seem like the norm around here. Posted here as more visible to those trying to figure out whats going on.

P.S. I noticed this bug 8 hours ago and tried again 30 minutes ago on another account and it is still there.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/credit-card-not-working-on-the-website.266706/
    Barton likes this.
  2. Protagonist Tank

Worked fine here. Ditto for the rest of the guild.

I believe you that you had a problem, but it's not as systemic as this post might imply.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  3. Vicus Augur

I'm sure the rest of the guild didn't purchase them all today. Not saying it didn't work flawless previously but I am 1 of 5 people from my guild it did effect and there are 3 others on the bug post that it effected. This probably started recently and I am going to assume it's something that got bugged out making the new sale active.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Happens sporadically whenever patches are done. Can sometimes by pass it by changing browser, changing pw, take out old card, put same old card back in etc. Logging in and out after each try.

Or one can wait a few days till it clears

But I think its a good thing you gave folks a heads up cause it never fails when it comes down to the wire folks want to do stuff and the system isn't cooperating and they complain here. Maybe some will listen:)
    Barton and Vicus like this.
  5. Barton The Mischievous

Can't wait for all the posts in Player Support on launch day and once the new bag bundles go in on the shop. Won't that be fun /s
  6. Draconum Elder

Used the same card to purchase the anniversary pack on all 6 accounts yesterday afternoon - sounds like you had an isolated incident judging from the other comments above.
  7. Vicus Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...t-working-on-the-website.266706/#post-3919116

Not isolated. I don't think it is widespread but sample size if it's happening to 5% of the player base then that is to much. I also had someone else have it work for them in my guild but the page timed out over 10 times before he finally got it to work, which just shows me that the load levels from the hosting side is pretty low. That does not give outlook for tomorrows new bags.
  8. Crazzie Lorekeeper

Heads up on using your CC to purchase, renew accounts. Just passing this info on.