launcher unable to switch accounts after one login

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by svann, May 24, 2020.

1. svann Augur

When logging in 2 or more accounts you have to close the login window and restart it. You cant just hit play then change the account and hit play again. Minor thing but really not up to modern standards of operability.
    lockjaws, Mukkul, Winnowyl and 2 others like this.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

That's how it's always worked for me...I've never been able to keep the patcher open and just switch accounts. I've always had to close the current copy of the patcher and open a new one in order to log in another account.
  3. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Same. Tho today, I ended up not being able to log in a third, even after closing the patcher several times. It kept telling me that it was already playing. Not that I had an active character, mind you - the green play button stayed greyed out.
  4. Mukkul Augur

Because the launcher has the ability to change the selected account -- you'd think it would let you launch it as well, but it doesn't.
  5. lockjaws Augur

The patcher is a great problem, if you only have one account tied to it. It's completely old and clunky.
    Just make shortucts to run EQ directly without the patcher, though you'll need the full account login/password handy each time, it still saves you some time.