Aradune - Returning player from PoP era looking for advice

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by killswitch87, May 24, 2020.

1. killswitch87 Journeyman

Hello all,

I'm coming back after a long dry spell and was wondering everyone's thoughts on making a Druid main at launch. I would consider my "prime" the Planes of Power era lol, and I really haven't played a whole lot since then.

I understand Druids are a jack of all trades character, but I've never really played one before. However, I have asked them for buffs consistently in the past lol.
    I plan on going Halfling. I understand at launch generally no one will have an issue finding groups.
    Any tips for a new main Druid? Any good guides? I know i'll be starting in misty thicket etc

-Shokadezz
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Best tip I have is the same for every class: to get a group as early as you can. Randomly invite people if you have to, turn off advloot temporarily if people don't want to share their low level drops.

With the way group xp bonuses have been changed even if you never cooperate together in the newbie yard, 2 level 1s grouped killing mobs will earn both players more total experience than 2 seperate players soloing.
  3. Sturn Augur

Don't randomly invite me or you'll go on a list. I find it quite rude to get an invite request before getting a tell, especially if I don't have /lfg up.
    Sokanist and Xondor like this.
  4. Minpire Augur

Check out the 2 Links in my Signature, Really helpful for someone like you.

Also you gonna be a taxi, back up healer if u playing druid, can PLVL up to 30 later on though.

:p:p;)
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

It's the newbie yard. If level 1s and 2s inviting you triggers you idk what to tell ya.
    Mashef, Ishbu, Mrjon3s and 2 others like this.
  6. Sturn Augur

Anyone rude enough to send an invite without a tell can go back to WoW. I never encountered such a thing when I played EQ back in the day. It wasn't until I came back to EQ for a TLP that I started seeing such ignorant behavior. If you can't take the time to send me a tell before inviting me then you aren't worth my time.
  7. Ishbu Augur

You shouldve tried actually playing the game back in the day then. Newbies invite people randomly all the time. Sometimes guilds do it for fun standing outside a raid getting ready when some random dude is hanging around. This has been going on forever
  8. Sturn Augur

I played almost every day with a few exceptions from a couple of months before Luclin dropped until EQ2 went live. It is possible I got an invite at some point during that time without a tell first, but I don't remember it. It wasn't until I came back years later for TLP that I noticed it start to happen. Just assumed it was due to the WoW type crowd since I hear pugs in that game are just used to get a specific piece of content done and not much talking in group actually happens. Maybe I was just lucky in that the basic rules for inviting people had been standardized by the time I started playing.
    Xondor likes this.
  9. sumnayin2 Augur

Should tell everyone the name you're going to use so we can all make sure to get on your list so we never mistakenly play with you or help you.

When someone sends me an invite out of the blue, I ask them where the group is(or I just move on)...blocking people because i'm an a-hole doesn't benefit me at all.
    Lejaun likes this.
  10. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I hate to break it to you, but people are also going to inspect you without asking permission.
    Lejaun and Barton like this.
  11. sumnayin2 Augur

Played from 1999-2003 and never had this happen.
    Xondor and Sturn like this.
  12. kathulu20 Journeyman

You sound like a fun guy to play with!
    Lejaun likes this.
  13. Sturn Augur

I don't block people. I don't literally put people on a list. It was just conversational exaggeration for effect. Besides, I usually play a rogue so if no one on this forum ever asked me to group due to what's said here, I doubt I'd notice the difference.
  14. Sturn Augur

And?
  15. Sturn Augur

Because I prefer to play with people willing to take the extra five seconds to extend a common courtesy? You also say that to people who get offended by those who don't use "please" or "thank you" in real life?
  16. Sturn Augur

See here's the problem. Random invite comes in from someone I don't know. Now I have to send them a tell asking where and what camp. If they send me a tell asking if I want a group at the wall in CB, all I have to do is reply with a yes or no. Saves a ton of time to just send the info up front to the person so they can make a decision without having to play 20 questions.
  17. kathulu20 Journeyman

What are you talking about? I said you sound like a fun guy to play with. Are you arguing that your not a fun guy to play with?

Help me understand.
    Lejaun likes this.
  18. Sturn Augur

So you are claiming that you weren't being facetious? If so then disregard my reply. I doubt it though.
  19. ayoforYayoh Augur

I have no idea what makes some people absolutely fall in love with being a victim of any social encounter.
  20. malaki Augur

Are you going to get mad when someone disrespects your camp and kills a firebeetle in front of you?