So where is our new advanced looting?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Galliana, May 23, 2020.

1. Galliana Elder

Windstalker promised a new advanced looting a year ago in the Ars Technica article. So where is it? She may be gone but it should been in progress by now.
    Skuz likes this.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

It went to wow classic forums.
    Skuz, Fredescu, Genoane and 3 others like this.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Why don't you ask her?
  5. svann Augur

got a link?
  6. Galliana Elder

7. Zamiam Augur

they are having a hard enough time keeping the servers up and running .. lets not put too much stress on them about other non trivial things ..
  8. bigpapa Augur

adv loot rock, glad we have that, but yeah if we don't use it the right way and get 15 or 20 min to unlock corpse it suck.

what is the issue ( s ) again? ....in the last 12 months + i never had any issues with adv loot.
  9. svann Augur

Like you say if you make a mistake you cant fix your error for 15 minutes.
    And if you try to change your choice at the wrong time it can crash you to desktop.
  10. Xyphen Maximum Augur

My biggest gripes with advloot:
    • Related DZ raid bugs, like being locked out from looting an item when you die/are out of zone when boss is killed.
    • Accidentally assigning loot to the wrong toon.
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Fun fact: Holly hated advanced loot and wanted to rip it out completely and go back solely to old-style manual corpse looting for everything.

Be glad she can't do that anymore.
    Barton, Velisaris_MS and Fredescu like this.
  12. Galliana Elder

You know this... how?
  13. Nadisia Augur

Honestly, the advanced loot system is not that bad.
    Ok, it's somewhat clunky, its UI window is a brick (but when you see the Overseer one ... it could have been way worse lol :D), it's overly complicated for what it does, some functions are kind of cryptic at 1st, or simply ... weird, but it's an improvement, a pretty big improvement even.

Sure, it's perfectible, a lot, but it works.

A new system? Why not ... only if it's better.
    But as they can do way worse ... I don't know :p
    kizant and Jhenna_BB like this.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Advanced Loot crash bug is very likely to be a memory buffer issue.

It gets exponentially more likely to happen the longer a group has been going & further increases the more often new members join & leave or leaders are changed.

My method for avoiding it is to reform groups every so often, and to make sure that I manually drop items on corpses that are unwanted rather than leaving them cluttering up the Advanced loot window as again that is very likely a way to create a memory buffer issue.

This is the reason my number one most wanted Advanced Loot feature is a new loot filter for "always drop on corpse" for unwanted quest crap etc.

I'd also love a filter to auto-destroy forages of utterly useless no-value crap.
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I talked to her about it last year at the 20th anniversary comic-con museum thing.
  16. Baldur Augur

^ this, so much this. Would love to have that option.

I haven't had an issue with the advanced loot window in a long time, but like others have said, I keep it clean. If they gave us a always leave on corpse option it would be much easier to keep the window clean for those that don't like to manage to it.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Angahran Augur

It's coming right after ship to ship combat :p
    Duder and svann like this.
  18. Nolrog Augur

Took me time to get used to it but the advanced looting makes things considerably easier. Maybe there is room for improvement but I wouldn't like to see it nuked and go back to corpse looting at all.
    Nennius likes this.
  19. Tucoh Augur

EQ's advanced looting isn't perfect but it makes every other looting system feel like it's from 1990s.
    Skuz and Nennius like this.
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

This video (not mine) answers some questions about advance looting in Everquest.

There is a learning curve to it and getting the filters set up does take time, but it greatly speeds up gameplay for me and for others as well. Some hate it, some love it, but giving it a thorough try, IMHO, is best before you condemn it.
    Skuz likes this.