[Feature] Block grey con mob summon

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Angahran, May 23, 2020.

1. Angahran Augur

Grey con mobs should not be able to summon.
    Even if it's an AA we need to buy to block this.

Getting chain summoned by mobs that die in one hit when attempting old content or farming for tradeskill components is really annoying.
  2. phattoni Augur

yes lets dumb the game down even further so you have an easier time farming ts mats /signed.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think they should make it impossible for 2 separately positioned mobs to spam-summon you!

If all your spells have a cast time, and you are repeatedly being summoned between 2 mobs, it can really get you in trouble...:(

Or at least have the mobs only summon you once every 10 seconds to give one of mobs time to run to you instead, or something...
    Raptorjesus5, Skuz and Vumad like this.
  4. Password1234 Augur

Maybe if we told them that grey mobs can summon through walls so you can bypass locked doors to get to old, trivial content in Vex Thal they'll nerf it for like they did the illusion through doors trick.
    Axxius, Zataos, Elyssanda and 2 others like this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Well, summoning is a stupid game mechanic, period, so not really dumbing anything down.
    Vumad likes this.
  6. Password1234 Augur

I think summoning in general needs to be tweaked (though it would be extremely low priority if they even considered it). The original purpose of summoning was to create risk for non-melee classes, but 90% of the time the target is the main tank because the mob got pushed outside of melee range and prioritizes summoning over moving forward two inches. Or the main tank gets ping ponged relentlessly by mobs that are ostensibly within melee range because mobs don't want to take a half-step forward.

At least that's my experience, I'd be curious if that matches anyone else's experience.
    Vumad likes this.
  7. Angahran Augur

How is it 'dumbing the game down' exactly ?
    It's a pointless mechanic that does nothing but cause annoyance.
    Skuz, Vumad and Tatanka like this.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Yes, and most mobs which summon are no tougher than most "gen pop" mobs, aren't raid mobs, or named, or special in any other way. It's an annoyance which only penalizes certain classes. It should be removed, with the raid/named/special-in-some-way mobs excepted.
    Vumad likes this.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

Having rare (named) mobs and raid mobs summon is fine.

But putting the mechanic on trash mobs was just laziness on the devs part...it should never have happened.
  10. Nadisia Augur

The summoning mechanic itself is fine imho, but some side effects, like super low lvl grey con summoning, sucks, yeah.
    The worst side effect is probably the ping pong summoning, and sometimes in the group game with only one tank, it's really a pain but luckily, it's not so frequent.
  11. shiftie Augur

No thanks. Since they locked doors and you can’t illusion this is my only way through lower level dungeons
    svann likes this.
  12. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think they should make that deadhills-clickie(AAAAA?) work on all lockpickable doors instead(at least when it's maxed). :)
    Vumad likes this.
  13. svann Augur

IMO it makes sense that a mob 50 levels under you should have trouble landing a summon spell on you. There should be resists.
    Vumad likes this.
  14. Annastasya Augur

Exactly what i was thinking Svann. If they could add a resist check to the summon ability, such that it works almost all the time on PCs 10 levels above you and below that, and that it almost never works on PCs that are 30+ levels or higher, that would seem to be in line with the spirit of the ability, which was the developers' way of solving several problems including balance issues and poor pathing throughout the game.
  15. Zynt Augur

Shhh...
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Maybe the summon ability NPCs use could place a song window buff on you that makes you immune to being summoned for a short time (and also blocks the immunity buff so it cant reapply making you constantly immune) then the next successful summon can only land once the buff wears off.

Would reduce the stupidity of being like a pinball bounced around between a bunch of mobs.

That's how I would improve it.
    Vumad likes this.
  17. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

Wasn't there a clicker game where you played a fantasy game, I believe it was parodying Everquest actually, where all you did was click on a button to level as quickly as possible? ^^!

Would you trade corpse run for block grey con mob summons?

That sounds reasonable.
  18. Celephane Augur

Would you stop posting about things you haven't experienced and just go do them? Enough already Mr Classic, go explore the old game already and learn
  19. Vumad Cape Wearer

When you die, take off all your armor, run naked to your corpse, drag it to a safe spot and find someone to rez you (Not your merc, that's not classic). You do have a choice to continue to experience that miserable time sink. It's a put up or shut up type situation with corpse runs.
    svann and Skuz like this.
  20. Password1234 Augur

[IMG]