Attn Dreamweaver: Please ask devs to look at the login queue

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Cohhfarmage, May 23, 2020.

1. Cohhfarmage Journeyman

The one that they have doesn't work. Expect to see 100's of posts here complaining that the queue doesn't work. What happens is you get a message that pops up telling you you're in the queue with an 'OK' button. Once you press that button the window disappears and all you see is the server list. There is no progress indicator. You have to close the server select screen and keep trying to login. This process takes several hours (4-10 hours) before you actually login.

Get ready for the hundreds of posts next week!
  2. Minpire Augur

This would be the IT Department and depends on how much bandwith purchasing power they have also to allocate to EQ among their other online games.
    minimind likes this.
  3. Neuro Elder

There's no incentive to fix this. They only need the increased power 1 day of the year, so it's not economical to devote resources to this. It works fine the rest of the time, so they see no need to fix it.

Also, it's not a bug, it's a feature! What would the nostalgia be without launch day issues! I remember when Luclin released, it was at least 2 days before we could log in.
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I think they are asking for the Login Queue popup to actually be... a login queue or to at least provide better information about how it works. The one we currently have was a slapped on bandaid that has never been updated to something a modern gaming company should find acceptable. At the very least, preventing people from being kicked at the server select while the queue box is open would be pretty neat.

"Do I click OK? Do I go into server chat? Is my position in queue saved? If I get logged out do I keep my position in queue? If I hit OK and click Login again does it reset my queue position? "

These are questions 100s of players shouldn't have to look to the forums to find answers for come launch day.

In case anyone hasn't seen or forgot what the current message looks like:
    [IMG]
    jeskola, Thewiz, Protocol and 4 others like this.
  5. Cohhfarmage Journeyman

You hit the nail on the head. That's all I want fixed. For example, on WoW you can see your progress in the queue and don't have to sit there and monitor it for hours on end.
  6. Minpire Augur

oh, well it is half way there! avg wait time 121243 Minutes! just need a # of que line
  7. Magic Augur

Or them can ninja open servers early, not at primary US time, but something 5-6 hours early. So if peoples come at 12PM PDT and find server already running it will be less queue I think :)
    loaks and Minpire like this.
  8. Sturn Augur

That would work once. After that the community would assume they'll do it again and everyone will start trying six hours early.
    Nolrog and Minpire like this.
  9. Protocol Dragon Defender

+1
    Exactly what Bobby said.
  10. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Wow is that Nostradamus on the TLP forums?
  11. Kalantha.Mangler New Member

I'd be happy with a quick note from the Devs: "Currently we're only allowing 1,200 players online at any time. Tomorrow we'll up to that to 2,000... then 2,800 the next day".... etc.

That seems to be the arc it's on right now. There's no way that they're just capping the number of players & sitting around waiting for half of their willing subscribers to stop subscribing because they can't get online.
  12. loaks Journeyman

seems to me like thats how it is working. They will never get a penny from me again, thats a guarantee
  13. Eccio New Member

Been sitting in queue since 12est, 8 hours now. I have guild members who entered the queue 2-3 hours ago and got in in minutes. It's not an actual queue.